main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Cartoons...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Java_Jedi, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Wondering if anyone has copies or knows where to get them, (other than kazaa) of THundercats, Ewoks, or Aon Flux [spl]. Aon Flux used to be on MTV back in the day and was started as part of the "liquid TV " series. (not a kiddie cartoon ;) )

2. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Try checking out old video stores that are going out of bussiness. Thundercats I have seen everywhere.

Ewoks may be coming to DVD soon. A rumour a few months ago said that after Episode 3 is out that Lucasfilm planned to release the old Ewoks Cartoon as well as the Droids one (which I am looking forward to since that show got me into star wars) and the Ewok movies.

I will keep my eyes open for you though.

3. Jedi_Squire

Jedi_Squire Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    I have a number of Thundercats.
    Which episodes are you interested in?

4. DARKSIDER03

DARKSIDER03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2003
    Aon Flux was awesome stuff.
    Reminded me of some parts of Heavy Metal(a cartoon movie). Don't know where to get any copies of those episodes...

Ewoks & Droids are available occasionally on the internet at E-Bay.com

I have a partial collection on tape. But I can't wait for them both to come out in full collection form on DVD.

Speaking of "ThunderCats"... An awesome cartoon. I could kick myself!! I had the entire collection of every episode ever done-
    on a somewhat rare VHS Tape. It was all blended together like one long 4 hour movie!!
    But was taken from every original airing episode. SADLY, like a dumb ass- I sold it for $30 american dollars at a collectible flea market about 6/7 years ago.

Try checking out collectible sales, flea markets, Sci-fi Conventions, E-Bay, etc...

The thundercats thing probably not an easy find right now.

But it is something they should come out with again someday soon. Don't know if they will. But they should put it all on DVD.

-Darksider

5. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    I have a few eps. of thundercats on the comp, but I have to check the numbers. Sorry to hear no one knows of d/l places for them. Have to keep looking I guess.

6. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    Well since we're on the topic.......... My collection is incomplete. Every day I am on Kazaa and I keep either not being able to find them or I get terrible copies of them. I am missing TMNT episodes from the 2003 series. so I thought, one computer can get lucky once in a while but if I ask nice people to help me...ya never know........................ANYWAY I am missing the following Episodes from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 series):

Episode 14 - Notes from the Underground part 2
    Episode 15 - Notes from the Underground part 3
    Episode 16 - The King
    Episode 17 - The Shredder Stikes Back part 1 (I have it, but the sound isn't great so I am looking for a better one)

I am soooooooooooo close to having to full first season

7. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    :_| Dude I haven't seen a new episode all summer!!

That's ok in the fall I will be regailed not only with TMNT but a new Psidey series...and I care not what you guys think SPidey kicks complete ass!!!!

8. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    ecsqueese me??? bacon powder???? new spidey?¿? I hope its good because that last one was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it didn't even make one season.

9. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    You can rent Thundercats and Ewoks from That's Entertainment in St. Catharines. I believe even Blockbuster had a few.

Try the cinama store in The Pen too.

10. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Lol Uh-oh Kevin you opened up my knowledge of spidey...here goes...

The last series was meant to be a spinoff from the highly successful FOX Kids series that aired in the mid to late 90s. However, after the Spiderman movie found its way out of legal litigation and Sony had full rights and a green flag from Marvel to make the Movie it was decided that to have a cartoon series and a movie with two Spiderman timelines might be confusing, esspecially since they are based on the same reality.

The choice was made that it might be smart to continue the same Spiderman character in a new world that does not affect the Movie timeline at all. Thus continuity was restored. And like everyother time Marvel has tried to tell an alternate reality (with the Exceptions of Ultimate Univerese and the Secret Wars) the show had a dismal story and the fans decided simply not to watch. It was pulled after one season though several episodes for a second season exist.

The new series is in the same timeline as the movie taking place immediately afterwards. They have forgone the origin story as the movie covered that pretty well and jumped right into things. It is CG and done by the Canadian Based company Mainframe famous for Beast Wars and Reboot, though the images look more comicbook style art then 3D. The series runs on MTV for those who have digital cable or satelite and the announcement was made last week that it will air on YTV on weekends.

Lol that was a mouthful...sorry I am spidey crazy right now!!

11. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Managed to find season one of Aeon Flux the other day. To bad the whole season is only 13 minutes long...lol. On to the quest for seasons 2 and 3. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.