main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cash in the AT-AT

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Dec 15, 2014.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    British TV has Cash in the Attic and now SFX Magazine have started their own version. If you have an amazing piece of SF or fantasy memorabilia and want to find out what it's worth, here's your chance. They are starting a new regular feature in the magazine. Items chosen will be valued by Vectis Auctions LTD (www.vectis.co.uk).

To submit something, send them a photo of your item, along with a few words about what it is, where you got it, and what it means to you. Photos must be in focus, well-lit, at least 1000 pixels wide, and against a plain background - otherwise they can't be used. Email address is sfx@futurenet.com and put Cash In The AT-AT in the subject line.

[Note that I tried to link to the article but it was behind a paywall. My source is the ad in the magazine. (I subscribe).]
    If you try your luck let us know if you're successful! And items don't have to be SW-related, just SF or Fantasy-related.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Les I am going to send in pictures of the Yoda bust that I have which ILM created and rendered in EP2 for the CGI Yoda. I have always wondered what something like that would be worth.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Let us know if you hear anything, Mike. If you make it into the magazine I can send you a scan of the article.

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I will take a picture of the prop and supporting documentation and submit it later on today Les.

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Update on this - the April edition of SFX has the first SW-related item. A reader sent in a pic of a loose Yak Face, complete with staff. The valuer said it was a good example of a 1985 Yak Face, one of the 'last 17' vintage figures produced before the SW line was discontinued. The figure was not available at retail in the US. The staff was a bonus as the European version of the figure didn't have it - just the Canadian version. The valuation for an average-condition figure was - loose, 60-80 UK, Carded POTF, 1200-1500 UK, and Carded Tri-logo 400-600 UK.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The Summer edition of SFX has a new SW entry for Cash in the AT-AT. Today's item is this SW poster. (Not this exact one - I found the image online). The person who sent the query got it through his father, who had a friend at the local cinema. The valuer says Condition is a major aspect. A rolled poster without any pin holes or Blu-Tack will command a premium over one that has been folded and has marks. Value given is £300-£400.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Kicking this back up since I got the May 2016 issue of SFX Magazine in the post today. This month's article is not only SW-related - the question was posed by our own CrazyMike ! He sent in a pic of a Yoda prop bust from AOTC that he won in a contest after appearing on a Canadian TV show. Because the item is 'one of a kind' the team couldn't put a value on it. Mike - not sure if you can get SFX there. If you want a scan of the page drop me a PM with an email address and I'll send it to you.

Juke Skywalker likes this.