main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Cast, Extras & Crew wanted for Fan Film

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Marrak, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Marrak

Lord_Marrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2001
    oh i just wanted to see what you can do with them =o)

2. Lord_Marrak

Jun 1, 2001
    Yeah yeah sam... you were right.. you da man :)

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Hey my dad work for Conservation and Land Management, mabye he can get some location info and special permission to shoot in private areas... That last bit sounds really weird.

I don't know if i can get to far away from perth. but i'll try.

Qestions:
    Will there be any Sith\Jedi
    If so, will there be a sabre duel
    Will there be any battles at all

Email me the fine details if you want

4. Lord_Marrak

Jun 1, 2001
    oh yes.. of course there will be.. theres one scene specifically that hasnt ever need featured in a star wars film.. and prolly not in a fan film where there is a giant light sabre battle between jedi and sith on a desert planet.. im guessing that will be set somewhere around the time of the sith wars.

Jedi and sith will be in it yes.. most certainly dark jedi and jedi but yes...

that sounds cool about your dad.. everyone is being so helpful =o)

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    You replied so fast...
    I rockon we should have a huge sabre duel.
    I mean huge.
    Get as many actors as possible, then spend delicate time creating a fight {lord_Lazaruz} and shoot it. [i know rotoscoping will be a bitch] but haven't you always wanted to see a braveheart style light sabre duel?

6. Lord_Marrak

Jun 1, 2001
    Yes i agree.. a braveheart style sabre duel.. and thats what was planned.. only the desert..see if you can picture this.. from space the camera begins to zoom towards a desert planet similar to tatooine, as it gets closer and closer, you're able to see the jedi and sith battle each other.. the camera still zooms closer fixing on most of the battle....

something like that anyway.. I think that would be a cool thing to see thats for sure

7. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Mate! Me and you have the same ideas. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE
    Any way... you said you wanted a pine plantation. My dads office [ Como ] is surrounded with pine trees. Wannaroo has a MotoX track where i use to ride, it is one giant pine forrest.

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    *awards extra brownie points to Sam*

As for a desert area for a huge saber fight, how about the Pinnacles up near Cervantes ?? Now that would be an incredibly unique setting :)

9. Lord_Marrak

Jun 1, 2001
    Griz: that was one place I was thinking about going to actually =oP heh

10. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm willing to lend a hand with anything, but I have no experience in this sort of thing.

I have a bit of a creative mind, so if ya want someone to have a look-see at your script let me know. Ummyep has some idea of how creative I am, I'm sure he can vouch for me.

Also if you need someone to throw around stuntwise, I am pretty athletic and durable, (Taught that Magna a lesson !) once again Ummyep has seen me do all sorts of stupid things that should probably have injured me somehow, and I'm still kicking.

11. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    What about Lanclin? That place is full of dunes. Looks alot like Tatooine.

12. Lord_Marrak

Jun 1, 2001
    Aztek: any help would be hot dude =oP

As for lanc.. hell yeah.. that would be an ideal place to film.. god theres so many places to film

13. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Consider my body expendable then mate.

And if you'd like me to read over anything, let me know.

14. Lord_Marrak

Jun 1, 2001
    So where abouts is everyone from anyway? I'm in Jandakot.. i hear most of u are all northies =oP

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Yeah I live in Palmyra, near Fremantle. Do you live near the airport?

16. Lord_Marrak

Jun 1, 2001
    kinda.. its over the road from umm the freeway i think.. im down near thompsons lake shopping centre

17. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm north....far north.

Well I've attended my first class of screen acting and WOW! I have 8 weeks of intensive training then they produce a 5-7 minute demoreel of yourself. After that they throw you into a feature film they have planned to shoot mid year. If any commercials, tv shows or short films come up and they think you will fit the role they give it to you.

One exciting feature is they have a studio setup. So if we need a bluescreen room with a lighting rig for our fanfilms, we got one!

18. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Ummyep and I live Eastish I guess, In Stratton, out past Midland.

I am considering a move to Belmont at the moment though.

19. Lord_Marrak

Jun 1, 2001
    arr yes i know where that is i had an ex/g/f that lived up that way

20. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I live pretty central to everyone now. I live in Glendalough. But I do head down to Hamilton Hill a fari bit, and that is pretty damn close to you southies....

Creating a huge fight is nowhere near as hard as it sounds. All you do is train up extras to beat the living **** out of each other, and only choreograph the ones who will be zoomed in on, or the main characters.

Thats what they did for Braveheart and Gladiator (I know people who were extras in the fight scenes for both of them). If you are doing an outdoor shoot, the main problem will be rotoscoping, because you have to make sure the sabre blades reflect as little light as possible, otherwise it looks strange. And the fact that it will take forever to rotoscope that many blades.

*Puts on best Mr T impersonation*
    "I pity da foo' who gets dat job"

DS

21. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I remember watching The Mummy DVD with the director's voice on and he was saying that he worked with the worst extras ever while filming the scenes. In the first battle watch the riders in the background, their looking else where running in the opposite direction and falling all over the place. I guess thats one reason why he chose to use CG characters alot of the time in The Mummy Returns.

That would be a frustating job to rotoscope that many sabers so if it was up to me I would make the wide shots all VFX. Less pain to have to paint all the blades then. Of course that wouldn't be the same as ACTUALLY having heaps of people beating the crap out of each other but it would be easier. :)

22. Lord_Marrak

Jun 1, 2001
    ounds like theres a lot of people in here who know what they're talking about.. and it also sounds like this could and most likely will be a "goer" =oP

Btw.. its to bloody hot! =oP

23. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Yeah the large fights would be hard to rotoscope... still if we have people willing to do it, it can be done.
    As for the planning the fight, if your like me you'll always watch the extras fight. I enjoy watching the extras on Gladiator fight. So many mistakes!

PS I've got 3D StudioMax and Maya if that'll help

24. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I like the Highlander method. On the Highlander DVD, there's an interview with Christopher Lambert. All their extras were genine Scottsmen. They spent the afternoon getting drunk. Then when it came to do the fight scenes they were fighting for real. Apparently they ignored requests to tone it down since they were having a great time. Kept their on set doctors busy. Now I know why it looked so genuine.

25. Lord_Marrak

Jun 1, 2001
    Heh yeah.. well.. it could be more realistic yes if people were fighting for real... Im not exactly sure how we'd go about it but yeah.. I'm sure we'd figure something out =o)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.