main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cast for the rumoured live action series between Ep3 and Ep4

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rebel Scumb, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Assuming that none of the movie actors would sign on to the series much like the cartoon, who would you cast in the key roles?

I mean sure Anthony Daniels is a pretty good sport and he'd probably reprise his role as C3P0, but there's really no need for Hayden Christensen to come back to fill the Vader suit if he's not going to be seen unmasked.

It's hard to imagine anyone but Ian McDiarmid playing Palpatine/Sidious, but if he wasn't on the show I think it would be cool if they got John DeLancie who plays 'Q' on ST:TNG.

Dennis Haysbert who plays President Palmer on '24' would make an awesome Vader, both in voice and to fill the suit.

It really depends what direction they would take (should these rumours be true) but it would be cool to see Bail and Mon Motha beginning the Alliance. Bail actually seems a likely main hero for a show like this. Perhaps there would even be a young Leia, depending on when exactly the show would take place.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    While I'd love to see "Palmer" take up a SW role, he doesn't sound close enoguh to James Earl Jones to play Vader- they'd be better off hiring some of the voice actors who have done Vader's voice in some of the video games and fan films (I forget who, but I recall there was one fellow who did a killer Vader voice that like, every fan film wanted to hire).

I could see Tem showing up as one of the remaining Jango clone stormtroopers.

It's hard to speculate what roles could be played by whom without knowing the direction of the series (ie: bounty hunters? Rebellion? Jedi? Empire?)

Personally, I think it'd be great to see Ben Browder (of Farscape) get a SW role- he could play a smuggler or other scoundrel or even a Rebel soldier well.

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I think that this is more than a rumor. I remember in an article about CW, Lucasfilm mentioned that there will be two serieses released after Episode 3, one Cartoon, and one Live Action. I guess that plans can be changed though. But I relly don't like the idea of a Star Wars live action TV series. That makes it seem like Star Trek! Ew!

4. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    You could get Jimmy Smits. Afterall, he says he prefers doing television over movies.

5. OGOneKenobi69

OGOneKenobi69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I think if they do live action, they should handle it the way that "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" was. Like a two hour episode every couple of weeks, so it is more like an event then a regular primetime show. If they put it in a regular timeslot, it could kill the potential series very quickly.

6. Mal'a San

Mal'a San Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2000
    Now that I think about it, Ben Browder would be great in a Star Wars series. I consider Farscape to be in the same class as Star Wars, so it wouldn't be a stretch for him to cross over. If done between Ep 3 and 4, he would be great as a smuggler helping out a struggling rebel alliance.

However, I doubt many (if any) main characters from the movies would be in it.

7. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    Why wouldn't James Earl Jones just keep doing the voice of Vader? He's doing freakin' Verizon commercials and "This is CNN." He's a great actor, but I don't think that I've seen him in a movie since "Field of Dreams" 15 years ago. I don't think that he'd turn down this work.

8. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I can't imangine anyone but James Earl Jones doing the voice. James would be an idiot not to sign up for the show. What else is he doing? Verizon commercials? The guy would probably take the role, he has nothing else going right now.

It would be cool if Jimmy Smits kept the role of Bail.

Hopefully there would be some new characters, or EU characters.
    I would like to see Bel Iblis.

Kenny Baker does not have to do R2, the machine does fine without him.

-Seldon

9. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    2nd - the fan film actor you are referring to is, I believe, Ben Fletcher. His voice turns up in my own fan film "Run Leia Run", so I'm familiar with his appeal. :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

10. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    i'm a bit sketchy on the idea of a SW T.v. show. That is some thin ice

I would do something like KOTOR and just pick something that hasn't really been done yet. Id love to see a show about a early republic Jedi like 50-300 years before TPM. I think its hazzy to try and fit something in between 3 and 4.

It would so so cool if they could do it really really good but most likly it will get screwed up.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I would do something like KOTOR and just pick something that hasn't really been done yet.

KotOR's premise was based upon the Tales of the Jedi comic series, which was set in basically the same timeframe; it already had been done.

Id love to see a show about a early republic Jedi like 50-300 years before TPM.

Well, an early Republic would be more like 20,000 years before TPM.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It would be nice to see the show if it takes place a thousand years before the Phantom Menace. This way you could show what happens to the Sith, and the renewal of the Republic.

13. Sith_Dreamer

Sith_Dreamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I'd love to see a show based on the Mandalorians, and Mandalorian/Sith Wars hundreds upon thousands of years before TPM.

14. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Nah, they still have Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher alive, I think they should work with them and give us at least a half-arse Episode 7-9 ;) and Even Harrison could cameo, he did in the Indy Adventures...

15. Darkness_Himself

Darkness_Himself Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    If they go for this series thing, I hope they show us the events before TPM, like the Sith War and such. Or ddo something loosely based around the EU novels that don't feauture the main characters like Luke Leia or Han. Perhaps the Rogue Squadron series.
    Or, maybe something post NJO.
    In any case, I hope that they turn more attention to EU, if nothing else then just to silence those EU-ain't-canon types. :)

16. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. KEEP THE MOVIES SPECIAL!!!!!! Have ONLY THE MOVIES live Action! or do a TV Movies Trilogy NOT A LIVE ACTION SHOW! I dont like star trek I saw one or two movies and a bit of enterprise and having a live action TV show spoiled it! Please TV movies not a TV show!!

17. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. KEEP THE MOVIES SPECIAL!!!!!! Have ONLY THE MOVIES live Action! or do a TV Movies Trilogy NOT A LIVE ACTION SHOW! I dont like star trek I saw one or two movies and a bit of enterprise and having a live action TV show spoiled it! Please TV movies not a TV show!!

You're forgetting that Star Trek started on TV.

18. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    And books, didn't the first Star Trek bokks come out about the same time as the origonal show?

19. StarWarsFiend

StarWarsFiend Jedi Youngling star 4

May 23, 2004
    I think its more likely that several ppl will reprise there rolls. Ewan McGregor is a good sport, if not reprising his role he could do cameos. Hayden is unnecessary and Vader would probably be a Cameo role as would Palps so those ppl might be sports and show up once in awhile (Jones for Vaders voice, and McDiamard for Palps. Smits would reprise the role. You could have someone play a young Leia. Bobas actor would reprise his role he is young and would probably just at a role in a TV series. Frank Oz could at least voice over on the Intro or something as Yoda, and would be nice enough to do some R2 noises, although you could probably just use stock footage sounds. Obi-wan and Yoda would not show up much except maybe for voice overs or small cameos, remember they r in hiding. A young Han Solo would be a cool cast possibility. Possibly the Adventures of Young Han Solo minseries like with Young Indiana Jones. hmmmmm Good stuff to think on.

20. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    No Ben Browder. I am hoping that season 5 of Farscape will still occur giving the miniseries in October.

21. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I can't imangine anyone but James Earl Jones doing the voice. James would be an idiot not to sign up for the show. What else is he doing? Verizon commercials? The guy would probably take the role, he has nothing else going right now.

You don't remember Mustafa? ;). He's been in a lot of movies, it's just we dont' watch them. Honestly, if it wasn't for Star Wars, would you know who James Earl Jones is?

22. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    Field of Dreams. That was a classic role for JEJ.

23. gbonkers

gbonkers Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2004
    I would like to see a series based on the Jedi Knight...we could have a different knight each episode...

24. Master_jamo

Master_jamo Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2004
    i think it would be better if they made an 'animatrix' style dvd rather then making a tv series as the main characters woujld most likely be Mon Mothma or Bail Organa and to be ohnest really there secondary characters and I don't think they could carry there own tv series and there wouldn't be that many characters from the Ot or Pt that you could fit in as a lot of them are in hiding such as Yoda and Obi Wan, and the droids get there memories wiped at the end of ROTS. I think the Animatrix style dvd or mini series would work for star wars as they can set it in any era and they wouldn't need to be to heavily related ad its not as if they don't have enough material for it, even though the EU is a bit corny and crap in places (Yuuzon Vong) it also has some good stories such as the wars with Grand Admiral Thrawn and the original Sith wars also could do episodes dedicated to the origins of the Sith and Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.