main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Casting (and crew!!!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Irithis, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irithis

Irithis Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2006
    Who will play the lead characters? Does anyone know what Ewans next few years are looking like? I can't imagine enyone else playing Obi-Wan, and he hast to be in it. What about Anikin? I suppose they could get anybody to play him now that hes in the suit (which looked so crappy IMO - this isnt the 50's!). They would just have to get that guy to still do the voice.

What about the twiins? Personally if the films have them all grown up i think Jonny Depp would make a good Luke, he looks a little bit like Hayden. What about Leia? I kno all the fanboys would want Jessica Alba or someone but i can't see her taking up a role like this?! Who knows? OOOH! A good idea!!! What if they got Hermyone from the HP series! She'd be a great Leia!!! She looks just like a cross between our Hayden and Natalie! Im sure shed do a great American accent, but whos to say? Maybe ppl on Baile's planet speak English?

Also I think that the current actors will continue. Any news on Sam Jacksons role? Will he be back?!? OMG! But what about the crew? If it is just one film thats okay, but if it is another trillogy what if George Dies?!?!?! :( :( :( And John Williams! SW wouldn't be the same without his songs!

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    What about that guy who played a Jedi Master in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"?

On second thought, nah... too old. Maybe 30 years ago he would've been good for the part.

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I think for the most part, the actors will remain the same for the lead roles. It really depends on how long after ROTS this new film will be as to who would be good to play Luke and Leia.

4. Irithis

Irithis Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2006
    Do you have a pic?

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    [image=http://www.dylankinney.com/images/markhamilljedi.jpg]

6. Blood_of_Yoda

Blood_of_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    in that other thread there was a pic of the Tarkin guy who was at the end of Ep3 but played by some really ugly old guy. thats so lame. I hope they dont muck up the rest of the cast too. but Im sure its a safe bet the adaptive parents of baby luke will be the same. i mean why not.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think that, given Lucas' appreciation of quality acting and the need to cast a "respected" actor in a leading role (see: Liam Neeson, Christopher Lee, etc.) that there's really only one choice to play Anakin Skywalker's son:

Leonardo DiCaprio

Leo's got the acting chops and the blond complexion to be the son of the Chosen One. Plus he's super-dreamy and would get girls into multiplex theater seats!

8. trixi

trixi Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2006
    Oooh Leo.. [face_love]

I hope we get to see Hayden's face again, after it heals he might still be pretty hot.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    They have got to have Hayden and Ewan back, there's just no way they can do it without them...

10. Celestial_Bling

Celestial_Bling Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    I hope the same person plays Darth Maul who played him in TPM. It wouldn't be right otherwise.

11. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Ben Browder all the way for this new smuggler they talk about.

He'd make a kickass smuggler. Then you've gotta bring back Wayne Pygrom (Tarkin in ROTS) and you'd have two people from Farscape in these movies! Hellz yeah!

Then of course you'd need to take Grace Parker from Battlestar Galactica (Boomer) and make her Leia...sure she's asian but who the hell cares, she's hawt. As for Luke might as well go with Jamie Bamber, he'd make a good Luke I'd think, also from BSG.

Ep IV needs talent. If the other movies are to judge (minus Ewan he had teh talent, same with McDiarmid, all the others were meh).

12. The-Godfather

The-Godfather Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    Smuggler? The next thing you'll be spouting is that he'll have a big hairy oaf of a sidekick - like those stinkin' Wookiee creatures.

13. Irithis

Irithis Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2006
    Hamma, wasnt that guy in Wing Commander?

14. Sweet and Sour Porkins

Sweet and Sour Porkins Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 1999
    Freddie Prinze, Jr. should totally be Kyle Katarn!

15. DarthieAnnie

DarthieAnnie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2001
    As long as Trisha Biggar is still in for the costumes I'm satisfied. I mean the clothes, and not to mention the hairstyles that was created for Padmé were iconic, I want to see more of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.