main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Casting begins on SUPERHERO, a non-Star Wars audio drama

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by EagleIFilms, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Anyone who knows me very well knows that for a little while (two years or so) I've been working on what was to be a short film entitled 'Superhero,' about a young man who dreams of being a Superhero.

The script was finally finished early this year, with a lot of help by Leia Rennt creator Adam Bertocci. It was intended to be filmed over the course of the summer, and released in early 2004. Well, as of yet, NO filming has been done, even though a lot of the parts have been cast.

For a number of reasons, including my desire to make a high-quality non-Star Wars audio drama, and because I want an easier way for people to understand the Superhero story, I have decided to, ala 2S, make Superhero into an audio drama.

The film will probably still be made, but only at such time I feel I can do it justice visually. The film, I feel, got a little too big for its britches, and just wouldn't be any good done on Hi8 video. Superhero, in my opinion, deserves a nicer display than that.

That said, therefore, I have now started the process of CASTING for this new, non-Star Wars audio drama.

The audio drama will have, I'm not posative of the count, as there are a few very small roles, but around 15 roles to be played.

These roles range from a 16 year old male and a female to a 40 year old male and a female. Anyone can audition, no matter who you are.

If you are interested, please respond in this thread, stating your age, gender, and e-mail address, so I can send you a few lines via e-mail for you to record and send in.

I also need a mixer. As I am very strapped for time, with college coming up in less than a month, everyone may have noticed (or someone, I hope) that my presence on this board has lessened quite a bit. So, if you have any experience mixing audio dramas (Chris and Nathan, I'm crossing my fingers), or if you're a new guy who has a lot of time and thinks he can do a good job, let me know as well.

?Eaglet

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    M
    timeline@starwarz.com

Ya heard me multiple times, so order me around and I shall provide. ;)

Actually, Greg, I was contacted recently by a guy who was wanting to do some mixing. I was talking to him about maybe turning over mixing on Context to him. Maybe he'd be up for it. If I hear back from him, I'll ask.

3. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    M
    R.Sigfrit@stanleyassociates.com

I can do accents, age my voice, and have a great Bruce Cambell Superhero/B-movie/Announcer voice.

4. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    That sounds great, Nathan.

I'm not sure if I want you for a major role, because your voice just screams 'NATHAN BUTLER' too much, but I think a small role could work quite well.

I'm very happy with the response I've gotten on this, it makes me feel good about the fan community. :)

I'll be sending out some lines around 4 PM EST, by the way.

?Eaglet

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I'm not sure if I want you for a major role, because your voice just screams 'NATHAN BUTLER' too much

Funny, they told me the same thing when I auditioned for "Oklahoma!"... 'sorry, kid, we're looking for someone a little less Nathan Butler'."

Isn't there a thread on this, "you know you've had too much TFN Fan Films when..." ... you think a voice is too obviously Nathan Butler...

END RELEVANT AND ON-TOPIC POST

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Oh well,

M
    neverlikedklingons@hotmail.com

I'm told I have the voice of someone who smokes 20 a day. -_-
    I can put on a plethora of deep voices, some slightly more normal-ish, voices, for what you'd expect from an English person, that is.

7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Heh, I can just imagine how people are gonna feel after "The Mob" is out.

8. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    I got the part in Cannibal the Musical because I sounded just Butler enough for the part.

The sky is blue
    and all the leaves are green...
    My hearts as full as a baked potata...

9. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Male
    draenen_87@hotmail.com

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Hey, if you need a british voice I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Done some stage acting and some film.

E-Mail: jairen90@hotmail.com

l8r

Phill

11. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I got an email back from "the guy." Looks like he's going to focus on his own SW story, rather than taking on any other projects as was originally suggested. So, Context is still in my hands, and he won't be up for Superhero, presumably.

12. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Alright, Nathan. Thanks anywho.

If (when?) you mention it on CR and the fanaudioworks site, hopefully someone will come out of the woodworks and offer to help.

?Eaglet

13. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Christopher Walker
    M
    American
    chrisw10@skywalkeronline.net

North-atlantic and Crocodile Dundee type Australian accents a specialty. :D

Expect about a weeks' turnaround on the voice, because I'm busy moving into university this weekend.

G'day! :D

14. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Update:

David Ganssle (doggans) has been cast in the part of Charles. I still need a mixer, so if anyone wants to do that, please let me know.

So, the cast list so far reads:

David Keltner - Gregory Harbin (EagleIFilms)
    Charles - David Ganssle (doggans)
    Officer Butler - Micheal Smith (DarkLordOfSmith)
    Chuck Johnson - Ted Alderman (SW_Jedi_Temple)
    TV Announcer - Nick Long (NickLong)

Still to be cast are Emily (I have a girl I know who might do the part), David's mother and father, and three minor male parts.

And I need a mixer. Did I mention I need a mixer?

And Chris, I really don't think I need an Aussie accent, I've already got two British voices in a show I want to sound Southern American. However, I'll keep you in mind for a minor role...we'll see how things go.

?Eaglet

15. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Ehm... I think you misunderstand. Those are just fake. My natural accent is Midwestern American.

16. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Yeah, sorry, I didn't make it clear that a midwestern is the voice that I'll keep in mind for a minor role.

Sorry for the mix-up...I hope to fit you in, I'm just not sure where at the moment.

?Eaglet

17. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Gregory: After mulling it over with Lou, why don't we wait to see how things go with Superhero, and if it turns out that it gets out there and nice and done and all that, maybe we can turn the Misc section into a non-SW section? Then we could host ya.

18. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    :)

That would be great, Nathan. But I have a feeling we'll need to cross that bridge when we come to it. I don't want to burn any bridges while the water runs under it, and at any rate, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

Um. Right. Never mind all that...

Thanks, Nathan, now I just need to finish the show.

?Eaglet

19. NikkiH

NikkiH Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2003
    F
    nlh11190@lsc.vsc.edu

I'm not really sure how to describe my voice. This is only my second audition. :)

Nikki

20. pyanfar

pyanfar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2002
    hiya!

F
    amy@pcom.net

i was Kristara in Acts I and III of 2S, and Dira Ritah in Dreamscape. i AM a Southern American *grin*

my neutral speaking voice is fairly low but i can bump it up pretty high. let me know if you'd like me to email you anything!

[face_clown]

21. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Heh, and Act II. The super powerful performance at the end of Act II was Amy too. :)

22. pyanfar

Mar 24, 2002
    haha, oh yeah. forgot about that part. it always seems like it's Act III to me...

;o)

23. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Amy...Ferrel...wants to audition?

:)

Okay, I'll send off an e-mail with some lines ASAP...I've just started school, so my time is currently limited, but hopefully it'll be in the next coupla days.

?Eaglet

24. pyanfar

Mar 24, 2002
    *blushie giggle*

hey, i'm not all that!

;oP

25. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    If you still need people I'll audition.

Bryan