Discussion Casting Call for Star Wars Episode VII!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by dolphin, Feb 17, 2013.

1. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
    DarthBreezy likes this.
  2. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Already? Man they're moving fast. Much faster than Star Trek Into Darkness *god bless that film*. I can't tell if this means its being rushed or they really know what they're doing
  3. Darth_Zidious Chosen One

star 4
    Why does the listing summarize all current public information, including mentioning the two spin-off movies and the fact it will be an "original story" not from the EU? Why would a casting call mention that?
  4. admiral_Jim Force Ghost

star 2
    "Mark Hamill has questions".......how much will the cheque be for and do I really have to go on a diet?
    Darth Sone, darthgator1217 and Vastor like this.
  5. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
    Not sure. We would have to ask the intern who wrote up the summary.
  6. Krueger Chosen One

star 4
    Is this legit? I mean, I know there are many film production websites on the Internet, with news about casting calls and shoot dates and things like that, but I’ve never heard of this website. The main ones I know of are Production Weekly, Its On The Grid and My Entertainment World.
  7. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Well if it ISN'T a fake, it's a delicious tease -
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  8. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Well it confirms Harrison Ford !........gee I hope it's true - it looks genuine :)
  9. Vastor Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Awesome

Last edited by Vastor, Feb 17, 2013
  10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    That's my concern as well. It also mentions that the spin-off films will be focusing on Yoda, Boba Fett and Han, none of which have been confirmed yet.
    Last edited by HanSolo29, Feb 17, 2013
  11. Joe Force Ghost

star 6
    The casting call also mentions that JJ is working on Half-Life, something which is pretty much not happening yet. Valve and Bad Robot are still trying to figure out if they can do such a film, and it is far from any type of production. This casting call is certainly a fake.
  12. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Last edited by DarthBreezy, Feb 17, 2013
  13. LunarMoth Force Ghost

star 4
    Smells like fake cheese to me.
    stormcloud8 likes this.
  14. Buddha Fett Chosen One

star 4
    Odd, since Ford and the rest haven't been officially confirmed yet.
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    arndt has wrote the screenplay for little miss sunshine.

yea... that sentence alone kinda makes me suspect that it's not real. has wrote. oy.

that, and the fact that it says lucas is producing the film at the bottom, which i was fairly certain had been made clear that he was having nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Trimaj, Feb 17, 2013
    my kind of scum likes this.
  16. Krueger Chosen One

star 4
    Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think it’s a fake. What gave it away for me was the "confirmation" that the spin-off films would revolve around Yoda, Han and Fett, the only rumoured ones. Also, it "confirms" three standalone films, whereas the official site actually went on record and confirmed that two were in development. It just looks as though someone has been paying attention to gossip and come up with this themselves. Even the shooting location was nothing but rumors and gossip, and they've even put that in there.
    Last edited by Krueger, Feb 17, 2013
  17. Luukeskywalker Chosen One

star 4
    Also, there is the fact that for the first 6 movies and the 4 Indiana Jones movies, Lucas has ALWAYS been an EXECUTIVE Producer, NOT a Producer. So even considering that there is a good chance he won't even be an Exective Producer for these movies since he has retired from the company officially, he certainly won't be producer. The producer is going to be JJ's Bad Robot producer partner (forget his name).
  18. TheManFromMortis Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    _ _ _ _

Screenwriter Michael Arndt has wrote the screenplay for "Little Miss Sunshine" for which he received an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. Other screenplays for huge films include "Toy Story 3," and "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire".

He has "wrote" the screenplay for "Little Miss Sunshine". Erm, ... bloody hell! I'm glad the author of the article hasn't written any screenplays. Bloody awful writing!
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  19. Joe Force Ghost

star 6
    Isn't Kathleen Kennedy producing?
  20. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
    Hmm....maybe it isn't real after all. Is this common, fake casting calls?
  21. dolphin Chosen One

star 4

Shakes Darth_Zidious and screams, "Was I duped man?! Was I duped??"
  22. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    yea, you could say that. there's always, always, always false info floating around trying to get people to visit their site and so forth. supershadow anyone?
  23. Figrin D'aniel Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't think this is necessarily fake...Alan Baltes seems like a pretty respectable and reputable source. He also posted the information on examiner.com

http://www.examiner.com/article/cas...ey-studios-feature-film-star-wars-episode-vii

It may be the case that the casting call is in fact true and currently happening but Alan Baltes just filled in the rest of the details based on rumors and information from the places they have already been posted online.
  24. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    well, the casting call is probably true... although i'm not sure about the addresses and so forth. i mean, i'm sure they know what major characters they're going to need and such. but everything else on there i'm highly, highly suspicious of. for instance, ford was supposedly months away from confirming being in because of contract negotiations. and that's directly from his agent. and lucas being a producer... just doesn't jive at all. and bates is supposed to be the exec, not the producer. there's just all kinds of buggaboos in there.
  25. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
    I've been told that the website is a fake.