Casting Call: NOTHING CHANGES (Prelude to Hope Revised)

Discussion in 'Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Rayzur's Edge Audio, the team behind the three acts of STAR WARS: SECOND STRIKE and the six current episodes of STAR WARS: ANTHOLOGY, is now beginning casting on a new audio drama project that resurrects the PRELUDE TO HOPE 2.0 script by NATHAN BUTLER (Second Strike, Anthology, ChronoRadio, et al) into a new tale entitled STAR WARS: NOTHING CHANGES, which will blend seamlessly into the continuity of SECOND STRIKE and ANTHOLOGY.

At present, the following parts are needed:

1. Skyben Lokan: Skyben is a Rebel agent. He's somewhat sarcastic, very much like one would expect of the attitude of a college student or FARSCAPE's John Crichton. He acts as one of three members of the protagonist group in the story, with a fair amount of airtime.

2. Supervisor Gildun: Gildun is an Imperial supervisor on the planet Ord Bendis. He is somewhat full of himself. He should most likely have an English accent, but that is not a requirement.

3. Captain Davin: Davin has a small role in the tale, but acts as our voice to take us out of the story and into its credits. He is captain of a Rebel vessel called the Stallion. He needs to be able to sound frantic but controlled.

4. Security Camera Operator: For an unnamed role, this role has a fair number of lines. He is a straightforward security officer for a private company.

5. Imperial Officer: Impetuous, probably young, probably English accent. Male.

6. Aide: Same general description as Imperial Officer.

7. Pilot: A handful of lines, no specific accent. Likely male.

To audition, provide files (or preferably LINKS to files hosted elsewhere) to nathan@starwarsfanworks.com.

Use the following lines, please:

SKYBEN: Hey, man, it's all about perpetuating the species. I'm hours of fun . . . Alright, fine. But a guy can dream, can't he?

GILDUN: Look around you, commander. Rebels. Bloodied, battered, bruised, and utterly beaten. These were captured in a raid on one of our perimeter stations. These Rebels attack military targets, not civilian. Are you certain of your information?

DAVIN: Rancor Team, are you receiving? Kova, are you there? Transmission unclear. Please respond.

OTHERS: Yes, sir. There should be no time delay. This footage is live.
  2. DarkLordofSmith Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd be intersted Nathan, I think you know my voice actign credits.

Let me know if you want to to record any specific lines.
  3. burrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Mmm, methinks I might try this out. I'll be sending in a few audio files later today.
  4. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Ruben: Got the clips. You're running into the same problem we had with the Second Strike part. Your recordings are *really* static-filled. It's probably your recording quality settings. What are you using? And can you alter settings?
  5. burrie Jedi Master

star 4
    I cannot recall at the moment what the settings are(currently in college), but I believe they're the default settings. I know the problem, and can remove the static. Those recordings you heard were made in a bit of a hurry, hence I didn't bother to remove the static at that time.
  6. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Right now, just pick one and send again with the un-static-y settings so I can just hear clarity.
  7. LawgSkrak Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Nathan,

Any part you think I can do?
  8. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    I'll have to listen to NWO again. However, I'll keep in mind that you want in.

So far, I've got interest from Michael Smith, Ruben van der Leun, Sean Koury, Steve Mollmann, and, if he gets his mic back, Gregory Harbin.
  9. burrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Uploaded a new version, Nathan, hopefully this one's better.
  10. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Much, much, MUCH clearer.

I'm holding the auditions open, by the way, until at least Wed. or Thurs. I had a request from Chris Walker to give him time to get to it, and as I can't be upsetting my Anthology writers... :p

That should give a decent pool to cast from by then.
  11. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nate, I'm going to audition, I just need to get a microphone, but I should have that done tonight or tomorrow.

-Gregory
  12. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  13. WinterRose Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ohhhhh drat! I'd quite like to try this one. And here I am with a stuffy head! You'll remember the parts I did for you before, Nathan. But if you can give it a day, I'll see if I can't get my head to clear up enough to get you a decent Audition file by tomorrow night or Thursday afternoon. Would that be okay? I HATE being sick!!

*COFF*

-WinterRose
  14. WinterRose Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I'm still not feeling 100%, but hopefully you'll dig the auditions I just sent along. It may be a little more quiet than the other files I've sent. But I just discovered that the high pitched whine on the other files I tried to send to you were a result of the microphone boost. I deactivated that and tried as best as I could. I could use a REAL audio card instead of the on the motehrboard crap I've got... Ahh well. Here's hoping!

-Edward 'WinterRose' Gore
  15. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Okay, here's what looks like the final cast list for Nothing Changes:

Brian Bisetti as Traiven Kova and Jaliib.
    Matthew Gordon as Dahrias Kova.
    Edward Gore as Skyben Lokan.
    Lila Atherley as Triina Asante.
    Michael Haspil as Natavon Kova.
    Steve Mollmann as Supervisor Gildun.
    Christopher Walker as Captain Davin.
    Hazen Nester as Security Camera Operator.
    Gregory Harbin as Imperial Officer.
    Michael Smith as Aide.
    Ruben van der Leun as Pilot.
    Sean Koury as Stormtrooper.
    And Nathan Butler as Narrator.
  16. WinterRose Jedi Knight

star 1
    WHOA! Cool! Point me at the lines an I'll get started! Thanks!!

-Edward Gore.
  17. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  18. WinterRose Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmm... don't see it there yet. Try the same address at graffiti.net. Hotmail box is kind of full, and may have bounced it.

-EG
  19. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  20. WinterRose Jedi Knight

star 1
    Got it. ^_^!! I'll set to work! I'll send you a new picture for Fanworks too. Over the last year I got some headshots done.

-EG
  21. burrie Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not certain wether you've sent any lines to me yet, Nathan, but I haven't gotten anything. Did you send them to the adress in my profile? (it's a different one than the one I used for Second Strike)
  22. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Yep. Just email me at nathan@starwarsfanworks.com, and I'll send with a reply.
  23. burrie Jedi Master

star 4
  24. WinterRose Jedi Knight

star 1
    Righty-O! Just sent along the lines for Skyben Lokan tonight. You ought to have them by now I should think. Let me know if you need retakes or anything like that.

-Edward "It's thrilling just to have been nominated at all" Gore
  25. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Got 'em. Sounds good to me. Now we just gotta get the rest of the parts in . . .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.