main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL casting call to all orlando students and anyone with free time

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    I know a lot of the ucf people on this site are all new so I would like to inform you on some of my current movie making.

The movie is called "Apprentice of the force". This first movie is called "The Seed". I am going to call my movies chapters instead of episodes, however, I am trying to think of a better way to explain them all.

The movie is also broken down into what I call "breaks" I have noticed that when fan films get to large people "break" them up into parts to download. I figured that I will break my movie up into about eight of them and put them on the net in intervals....

I am still working on the end of the script and finishing up costumes. The movie will be amazing in the end. I really need some more actors....mostly jedi and naboo coincilmen, some senators, and extras

I REALLY WANT HELP...IT WILL BE TONS OF FUN

check out the web sites:
    http://www.billboard.net/aotf

2. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Hehe. Ia, do I still get to use the stick as a cane? ;)

Sorry, I just had to ask.

3. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I'd love to help out. I have a pic in my profile. Yep, that is Jeff on the far left. I'm on the far right.

4. DarthBadGuy

DarthBadGuy Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Hey, I'm in the UCF area, I've had acting experience, even took a few film courses and I have loads of free time. How do I sign up??

5. ToxEish

ToxEish Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    My name is Scott Shy and I have a number of acting credits. You may visit my website at http://home.earthlink.net/~ebeemc2hsd .

I have completed two other projects recently and am starting a feature film on Saturday.

Please email me so we can discuss my being cast for a Jedi.

Thanks for your time.

Scott Shy

6. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Far out.

7. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Ia,

I've got the Jedi costume and can fill an older, gray-haired role if you want. Honestly, I can probably provide more help behind the scenes. I can offer a Canon XL-1, bluescreen, and lighting for when you start filming if any of that would help.

Sandy

8. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    I go to school in that area as well, I may be able to help out if its during the week, but weekends are hard due to work. Just drop me a line.

Dan

9. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    In regards to the fan film....

I have a question... is that all you have so far... just those titles? I downloaded it and played it and was expecting a live action clip.
    How long is it? Is it a trailer or a complete story? Does the script call for any bloodly lightsaber decapitations, scorching amputations or gross fleshy mutilations? Nudity is fine as long as it's not me. (LOL)

Seriously now... I had problems viewing your website and it seems like all I got was that same recurring image of the guy dressed as a Jedi. I realize it's still under construction so maybe that's normal, but the left side contents were a bit low and I tried to scroll down while I viewed the page full screen, but it still seemed like it was larger than the borders.
    I've seen the same thing on other sites and it should be adjusted so people can see everything you want them to see and all the "clickable" stuff will be accessible.

Nice robe by the way... you should use it for the film.

10. AdRic_MulTerra

AdRic_MulTerra Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    I'm in for anything you need. I have a flexible schedule. I was the guy on the local news stations on the day AOTC came out. I have a good costume and custom saber. I am 35, have a goatee and would make a good knight or council member

11. ToxEish

ToxEish Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    where is the best place to get material for the Jedi Costumes/Capes and Sith costumes?

Ia-Bou, send me an email if you are interested in me as a character. ebeemc2hsd@earthlink.net

Thanks.

12. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    You could look around in the Costuming forum. They know lots of great places online and have plenty of fabric reccommendations. The have thread dedicated to Jedi/Sith robes, and I even found someone to make my robes for me. :D I highly reccommend LovelyLotus if you spot her around.

13. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hey There Tox.... if you mean places to buy material I'd say try places like WalMart for the lowest prices, but if they don't have what you want/need then I'd suggest JoAnne's Fabrics.
    While that sounds obvious, it's also about the only place left in my area and we only have the one store now. I have a link that might help below. (See Nebula5/costumes)
    I haven't looked at the fabrics much, but they should have or be able to get anything. Next time I go by any fabric places I'll try to find out what's available. I was looking for some camoflouage material and they had CRAPPY stuff, so I wouldn't assume JoAnne's will have everything or anything.

As far WHAT TYPE of material and patterns to use try these links:
    www.jedi-academy
    Rebellegion.com/jedigarb
    http://members.aol.com/nebula5/costume

Let me mention... I went to JoAnne's (On Colonial across from the Mall and behind Red Lobster) one day to find some vinyl material my father needed to repair the cushion on his creeper (For those who'll ask, it's a small board on wheels that lets you work under the car).
    Anyway, they have various colors and types of PVC and vinyl if you ever want to make pouches or bandoliers or whatever your costume or prop requires.
    Hope I've been helpful.... if you get "stuck" I can send you instructions.

14. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Hehe. I think I'm still the youngest person in the film. :D

15. AdlinSkymeck

AdlinSkymeck Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    I have a Sith outfit and my wife has a Jedi outfit. Would be more than happy to help

Email: AdlinSkymeck@aol.com

16. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    Hi Ia-Bou,

I would love to participate. I used to live at UCT, and a friend of mine who makes Prop Lightsabers still does. Will there be any production meetings before the shoot? If there are I will try to adjust my schedule accordingly.

May the Force be With You.

17. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Sorry for the delay in my reply?ive been out of town?lets see?.

Mayo ? yes?.you still get to use the stick ?so find a really really good stick!!!

Gay-Len yes I could use you?.im not sure what for yet?I might write you in though? what would you like to be?

Darth bad guy?.yeah!!! are you good with the camera?? I need camera people

Tox-Eish you have just become a Jedi council member!!

Sandy I need a picture of you ?I think I have an excellent role in mind!!

Jedi-dan what kind of stuff did you want to get involved in??

Rebel commando im still upgrading it ..be patient J

Adric?you are now a council member J

Adlin you are in J

Copazie?yes I want to have lots of meetings!!

I love you guys!!!

18. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Yay! I get to act and still use the cane. Thank good ness I like that more then braille.

My friend/dance partner, is into acting. She was wondering if you needed a girl who is about 12. She has black hair and dark eyes. She's about my height.

19. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    OOh! OOh! OOh! I wanna be in it! Oh wait, hmmm.... that guy on the website looks familiar.... I don't know if I like him.... :) :)

Aaron
    "Ijun Dergeberillious"

20. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Aaron...you are such a weirdo :p... and you are right...he does look kinda familiar :p

Mayo - I can always use more actors...she might be good for the jedi disciplinary council...they are all the people who chose not to become jedi because of their actions..so they become placed on a disciplinary council when they are young to prevemnt others from makin gtheir mistakes. They wear all white so I hope she likes that color

21. StickmanLt

StickmanLt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    Ooh... students with free time. That's me!

At least until I get a job, that is. :) I'm a sabermaker, I live at University Club near UCF, I think Copazie mentioned something about me in a post a little above. I'd love to be involved in a fan film. I have no costume for myself, but I'd love to get into costuming to add to my sabermaking business. I'm currently trying to start a 'saberfight club' here at University Club, so if there's any saberplay involved, we'd love to help choreograph/fight on camera.

StickmanLt

22. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I am an aspiring actor with a Jedi costume who would absolutely love to help out with this! If you need a female Jedi, just let me know! :)

23. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    I always need more actors...send a picture to my email.. jediknight@iloveapple.net

24. Kwi-VanArk

Kwi-VanArk Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2002
    I would like to help out. Please contact me at Filmescape66@cs.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.