main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Casting Call TOUCHING BASE (short story)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by raiderjainasolo, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiderjainasolo

raiderjainasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    This is an audio adaption of the short story I wrote about a year and a half ago, after the short story "The Crystal" appered in Gamer magazine. It deals with a sixteen year old Jaina and develops the conflict between Jaina and Leia that was started in the NJO books. You can view the story at the fiction section of my website, or go to Touching Base

The Cast List:

Jaina Solo- Female Jedi apprentice *pre cast
    Leia Organa Solo- Felmale dipolmat
    Mara Jade Skywalker- Female Jedi Master
    Luke Skywalker- Male Jedi Master
    Jacen Solo- Male Jedi apperntice
    Anakin Solo- Male Jedi apprentice

I know it's a small cast, but it's a short story and all you have to do is send in you saying lines in character. Once cast, I'll send you the script and you'll do the lines in .wav or mp3 format and I'll mix them in with the sound effects. Each line will be aseparate recording. In the end it should be good. I've got my Jaina, I just need the rest. Thax so much!!!

2. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Some of us probably don't have the NJO books, so could you post some sample lines from each character?

I left my NJO books back at home, and so I don't have anything to read for any of the parts. :)

Chris

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    One of these days I'm going to have to read all those short stories from Gamer. I'll go check out your story. Thanks for the link.

4. raiderjainasolo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah, everybody, just read the story and read me some lines from it, then I can tell you if you can do a part. Thax!

5. raiderjainasolo

Aug 6, 2001
    I'm still looking for audtions, so anyone out there who's still interested can give me a shout! Thax!

6. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    There'll be a new site coming very soon that will deal with, among other things, audio project news. I've made sure your casting call is one of the first listed. Should see it by Sept. 1.

7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    It's been about a month since the last post by the casting call ... caller. Are these still open, or shall we consider the casting call closed?

8. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Hi,

I'd be intersted in auditioning.

Listen to Rise of Nobility, 2s, Resurection, which have examples of my voice.

9. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    (Casting call removed from Fanworks page to make room for newer casting call for Tone Poem project.)

10. raiderjainasolo

Aug 6, 2001
    I have't had enough people reply to this project, so I'm going to have to say that it's not happening. Sorry all who wanted to see this done. Thanks to those who showed interest.

11. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Sad news, but I'll be sure it gets up.

12. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I'm sorry to hear you're cancelling your production. I know how hard it can be to find actors, but I guess if you have to put a wrench in it..now would be the time before you invest too much more time. If it's just a little bit of frustration, you might try some other resources like local acting groups or friends and family.

Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.