main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Casting Call......

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Vishnu, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    This is a casting call..... A few members and my self from Salt City are shooting a film. The movie is call End of The Order We have the majority of it done. Not shooting but script, story line ect... We are planing to shoot some time this summer and we need tons of extras for a few sence and also for a few main parts. If you are intrested post what you think you would like to do...some what main part....just an extra. We have a few crowd scenes. When summer gets closer we will narrowed it down to a few days. Project Apoc

Please feel free to take a look at our site. The link on the right is to End of The Order, and the one to the left is another movie we are shooting . The sites are still under construction but you can still get the idea of what it is about.

Please post thoughs and ideas hence we are open to any thing.

2. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I was thinking we could keep this under the End of the Order board. Though I might post on the main FanForce USA NE forum, we might want to wait a bit until we have more solid dates.

And a side note- you don't need markup codes for a link in your sig. Just put the site ("http://" included) and you've got yourself a link. ;)

3. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Alrighty then, I guess, since summer's pretty much here, we can start gather cast and crew. Plenty of spot are open, if you want to see the script and see what open spots interest you, e-mail me at ankeho@hotmail.com. The list of characters is here, and most behind-the-scenes parts are open. Camera operators, microphone operators, set builders... big one there, we need to finish two cockpit sets by August sometime, when we plan to do the shooting.

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    OK - well, I looked at the characters and there are only 4 and none are female ;)

SO - I guess that leaves some behind the scenes work, so let me know whats needed,

Thanks

Edit: spelling

5. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Actually, there's eight open... as for ones that would work with you in the script, we've got: Home Owner (we [the Sith] are in his home and we mind-trick him out ["This is not your home. You will go to a homeless shelter... you will elave your money and valuables on the table."]), Sernpidal Fruit Vendor (non speaking, pretty much an extra), Sernpidal Rifle Salesman (I buy a low-powered hunting rifle off him to get rid of a ysalamiri),a dn the Used Speeder Customer (buys a used speeder that hits hit by a stray blaster bolt from a firefight between myself and Terra Kaijodo).

Ian, with your permission, I'd like to put your name in with "Directors of Choreography" with a link to your site.

6. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Be my guest.

I will have to get together with all the "fighters" and check you all out. I did notice a couple of things in your little fight outside of the convention that could use just a little tweeking. I will have to see it again and then I will be able to show you what I mean

7. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Not a problem. Sometime we'll have to set up a film organizational meeting and plan out the scehdule for pre-production. Rehearsals, set costruction, choreography training... we can discuss times for this meeting at... the next meeting! [annoying_epI_anakin]Yipee![/annoying_epI_anakin]

8. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    Ok so just kick me right out of the leader for fighting.....I want my name on the site =( Ill have to fight you for it Ian =) heh j/k thank, good but ok yea I think it would be better if you directed us on the and I would like to take out the kicks from the first fight scene.

9. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    No, No, No,

I will co cordinate the fight sceens. What you have is good it just need a little work. The kicks are ok they just need to be put right, ie distancing and focus. I can help you out a lot with that. A lot of good fights have a lot to do with timing, distancing and focus and a lot of practice.n

I don't want anyone to feel that I am pushing them out.

This is your baby I'm just helping it to walk a little better. :)

10. MasterAliac

MasterAliac Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2003
    *Stands in corner and lets out a big **AHEM

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    hmm, seems all your roles are for GUYS LOL.......so........Im sure you can write something in there for a woman ;)

hehe

12. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Hey, Strawbary. I would suspect that although they may say male, some of them are probably generic and a woman could do them as well. Besides, a female strong in the force could probably make any part her own and convince the author to adjust the script. ;)

13. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    These are the generic parts (as quoted from my previous post [or the post before it or something]):

Home Owner (we [the Sith] are in his home and we mind-trick him out ["This is not your home. You will go to a homeless shelter... you will elave your money and valuables on the table."]), Sernpidal Fruit Vendor (non speaking, pretty much an extra), Sernpidal Rifle Salesman (I buy a low-powered hunting rifle off him to get rid of a ysalamiri),a dn the Used Speeder Customer (buys a used speeder that hits hit by a stray blaster bolt from a firefight between myself and Terra Kaijodo).

Nate, Ian: Methinks, Nate gets the lightsaber choreography going, as (IMO) he has a better mind for it. Ian tweaks it and keeps it from looking like two geeks beting up on each ohter with wooden dowels (or PVC or EL blades whatever we use).

14. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    hehe, I was just kinddin around =P I tink that it is a very nice and reasuring thing tha Ian has our back on the fighting......

15. KorribanOutcast

KorribanOutcast Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    oy! Hey, I'm new - but you two know me, I practically live right next door! I'm volunteering for ANY acting you might have to dole out (although a tendancy towards a main would be kwaii! ;)) Keep in touch...

~*Nad*~

16. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    You live next door?!?! hrmmm =P ok to who Andy and my self?....Whats your name?

17. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    ... "Nad"? Hrm, I invited Nadia...

If anyone sees parts that interest them, e-mail me for a copy of the script and you can see if you really want the part.

18. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    So, Andy did any one email you for the script???......

19. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    KorribanOutacast aksed for a copy. No-one else has, though.

Really, tons of open parts, a couple of wich are non-gender-specific, most of which are non-age-specific.

20. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Good news: Krapitino from the FanFilm boards says he can work with us. This means:

Canon XL1 camera. Experience behind it. Another Parks Saber (looks like we have a blade for the Sheegree-Vise scene). Another actor (maybe playing two parts, if I can't get my uncle to play Lord Vise). Post-production help. Experience. And, uh, did I mention a Canon XL1?

21. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    Hey, OMG that kicks, thats perfect. Now I can save for a camra while we shoot ..then we will have one for future films...What parts was he intrested in playing? and where does he live?

22. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    He's interested in the Arm Wrestling Alien and Lord Vise (if we can't get my uncle to take the part). He lives in Scarsdale; 254.5 miles away :S I don't know about future projects, as it's his, but it's definitly good for this. He also has a lot of software for post-production.

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I would be happy to help just send me a copy of the script and I will look at the parts :)

24. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Very interesting, but like people say, no women. :p
    Well then some ladies that come could play extras, to give the feel and all, but I won't be there, seeing that I live an hour away from Syracuse. :p

25. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Jeez, I said that four of the parts are generic! They're minor, but women can still play them. and, of course, there's the desperate need for extras.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.