main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Casting Calls for live action show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grutchin, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grutchin

Grutchin Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    Just wondered if anyone had any updates on whether or not Lucas will have open auditions for roles on the show...

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm guessing he will since GL usually casts unknowns.

3. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    It may depend on what characters are in the show. Unknown characters or characters not seen in one of the movies will likely result in auditions for someone to play the part. If any character(s) from the prequel movies are involved, they may try to sign up the actor or actress that played whichever character in the movies.

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    That is more likely what will happen.

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I have heard a rumour a while back about this actor below

[image=http://www.morethanawoman.net/Qotd/Matthew.jpg]

Matthew Newton, he's Bert Newton's sone and he's Australian. He played John Barton in Looking for Allabrandi and Armand in Queen of the Damned

And his dad is doing a cameo as the Death Star :p

7. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I have also heard a rumor he may be in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series.

8. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    He is HOT [face_love]

9. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    As long as Bert's hairpeace stay's out, im happy.

10. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    Jimmy Smitts?

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I'm guessing if Bail Organa is in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series Jimmy Smitts will probably play him.

12. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    maybe GL will allow the casting of SW fans to play background characters or jedi? That would be cool. How can we find out about casting calls?

~Rory

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Maybe fans could be extras but I don't think a surviving Jedi.

14. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Well that could be possible, but they did say at the end of Episode 3 that the remaining Jedi will be hunted down and defeated!(?) It could be possible that the show will concentrate on a couple of jedi that were instructed to hide.

~Rory

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I do think there will be surviving Jedi in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series but I think that fans will not be playing them.

16. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Wishful thinking...that's all.

~Rory

17. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I know but I just doubt it.

18. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Man I can't wait until Indy 4 or this because its deadier than I have ever seen it around here.

19. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Lets hope George goes for some coffee, and returns to Skywalker Ranch when I arrive for my trip. Hopefully I'll get answers to it, more than a picture of me getting 'Antille'd' by the Security Gaurd.

20. Darth_Ogawa

Darth_Ogawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    A guy named Peter Wingfield would be excellent on Star Wars TV!!

He was great as the 5000 year old Methos in the Highlander series. He added a lot to that series and would help to give this Star Wars TV project a huge boost as well!

Attention, George Lucas.

Contact Peter Wingfield!

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/methos.jpg

21. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah Methos was awesome. Well no that I care but that kid who played Boone on LOST is now avalable if they must put the hertthrob kinda guy in it. I hate that type of charcter but he showed me depth in his flashback episode.

22. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    There is another possibility on castings for the show. Even if a character, especially a Jedi has been killed off, or said to have been killed off, perhaps Lucas and whoever else is involved might offer some of the actors or actresses spots in the show as different characters. Having one actor play more than one character isn't unheard of. The guy that played Ki Adi Mundi played Nute Gunray too, and the guys that played 3PO and Jar Jar played background characters in AOTC during the bar scene.

23. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    That could happen or they could just cast an unknown as a completely new Jedi we've never seen before.

24. zit5us

zit5us Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    lucas should use some of the disney channell slaves...i mean actors. mabey Raven?

25. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    Not necessarily a Jedi. Any character. Some guy standing at a bar, thats the guy that played Kit Fisto in AOTC. Some random female, or twi'lek, thats Amy Allen, whom I'm guessing you all know which character she played. Some pilot or random bounty hunter, thats the guy that played Agen Kolar.

Not necessarily give someone a major part, but perhaps give some of the extras a guest role as another character or something in an episode, or use some as other random extras. Take away the makeup or costume from someone, or put makeup and/or costume on, and you would have no idea that someone played a different character in one or more of the movies. Besides, with some of these people, you already have an idea of who and what you'd be working with, and having a few familiar names and faces, even in different roles, might make the show more appealing and enjoyable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.