main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Casting Controversy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SlashMan, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto..._episode_7_cast_list_where_are_the_women.html

As I've stated in other places, I do have reasons to doubt the new Star Wars movie. But the first casting announcement is absolutely no reason to make a fuss. People who judge the entire movie based on this single announcement are not Star Wars fans; they're just people looking to raise a fuss (which seems to be successful, based on how many times I've seen this same damn article regurgitated).

If you were a Star Wars fan, you'd probably be psyched over the confirmation of the original main cast (minus a Lando) rather than nitpick on who they could have casted instead. All of the sudden, it's being turned into what's politically correct, never mind that there's still more actors to be announced. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the role of Princess Leia groundbreaking in that it provided the film with a strong and capable female lead?

I try to ignore stupid articles like this, but it gets hard when they're all shoved in your face.

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    We have a casting thread that this can be discussed in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.