main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Casting for New Female Lead-Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by starocean90, Sep 1, 2015.

1. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Ditto everything you just wrote.

2. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    That may be. Someone else might arrive and leave Rey with a ship and go back with Chewie. But there's the question of how Chewie leaves without a co-pilot. I assume Rey keeps her droid and BB-8 doesn't seem like much help when Rey flies the Falcon by herself the first time. So I doubt BB-8 would go back with Chewie. It might be a detail that's overlooked but it's made mention of in one of the Journey to the Force Awakens books and in TFA itself. So they're emphasizing the need for a co-pilot on the Falcon for a reason. And Rey apparently fulfills that role with Chewie, it appears, twice already in TFA.

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  3. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    I'm sorry but if we see an entire scene of Rey piloting the Falcon on her own , evasive maneuvers at that, I just don't see how they can justify Chewie staying there just because he doesn't have a Co-pilot.

Mind you , I'm not saying he wont stay with them , I'm just as much in the dark as everyone else, but especially if we consider she may not be related to Han, it becomes even more excessive in execution , I mean by this point everyone will understand Rey is destined for great things meeting up with Luke, does her arc really need Chewie and The Falcon almost tacked on an already meaty narrative for her character? I think Chewie inheriting The Falcon is a nice progression of his arc and for all we know once he meets back up with Finn he teaches him to Co pilot?

4. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

If the rumor is true that this Character is Leia and Han's Daughter, then I hope it is Olivia Cooke. She looks the most like a young Carrie Fisher to me. If she is Luke's Daughter, then any one of them is fine, since we wouldn't haven't seen her Mother.

I personally think this new Character will be an old friend of Rey's from Luke's fledgling Jedi Academy. :)

RainSolo, Skaddix and starocean90 like this.
  5. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    And that's fine. I don't expect him to be there the entire time either. But the fact that Rey flies the Falcon no less than THREE times through the course of TFA is significant, IMO. And there's total foreshadowing with the co-pilot issue in the book and in the film. I think it's pretty clear it's her who takes over Han's seat and could very well be the new owner.

Having Chewie as the main pilot creates all sorts of dialogue issues because he is more of a reactionary character to begin with and there always has to be some sort of translation or dialogue that gives you an idea of what he's saying. Which is probably not ideal for the captain of a ship as it plays on screen. In other words, he has to be the one taking orders or the complainer rather than the one giving orders, explaining what's going on with the ship, the fire fight, etc... I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, etc... But, in the end, I believe the Falcon will belong to Rey.

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  6. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    I have a feeling chewie wont make it all the way through, I also feel that in one episode Rey is going to be stuck in a force energy zapping chamber, lying unconscious all the time.....

Seriously am not sure what the future holds for chewie but I have a bad feeling....

7. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Dont worry chewie sells toys he like the team dog and everyone knows u cant kill the dog.

Rey shouldnt get the Falcon if she is not Han's Daughter. I dont see how it makes sense for Han to spend more time bonding with Finn and then Rey gets the Falcon, the Blaster, etc.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  8. turnip white

Dec 3, 2014
    She's still going to get a ship she can fly, although who are we to make the rules? Where not the ones holding the pen? Do they even have inheritance lawyers in a GFFA?

9. RainSolo

RainSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2015

I really hope she is not a daughter of any of the known characters. Im good with Rey being a Solo (and maybe Kylo??) but thats about it. I wan't to see some strong original characters who are brand new to the universe, with minimal ties to the previous films, as well as all the old favourites. I would be happy for any of these three actresses to be cast, but if I had to choose, as an Orphan Black fan, Id have to cast my vote for Tatiana :)

TK327 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Drama. I mean you have to admit you have a pretty strong response about it.

I think you will be satisfied with the amount of Luke in episode 8(as long as you're ok with him as a supporting role and not a lead). I just suspect we aren't going to see much or any training. Luke can still be far more useful not in that context anyways. Giving advice or showing the kids how its done....

He may also have his own agenda....

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd prefer to see Rodriguez get the part. Though Cooke would be good also. I like her in Bates Motel.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Isn't it possible that the reason Rey sits in han's seat is because that seat may be too small for the much larger Chewie, so he doesn't fit in it? You may be right that Rey gets the falcon, but I would really rather see it go to Chewie, as he has been flying in that ship with Han for many decades.

I actually always thought that if Han didn't die a natural death, that he and the falcon would go out together. I kind of wish they would have gone that route, both for Han, and because I think it would be great to get a new multiple-passenger vehicle for the heroes.

13. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Even if these 3 are the current frontrunners, I hope they can get Alicia Vikander for any kind of role in upcoming films (episode or anthology). She just looks like she fits in this universe and has worked with a bunch of SW cast members in other films.

TK327 likes this.
  14. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Katheryn Winnick from Vikings would make a pretty amazing warrior type in a SW film.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014
    I think they'll all become part of the Resistance in some way. Kinda like Luke, Han and Leia we're/became rebels. Luke's training didn't stop him being a rebel, as is Han's plan to give back Jabba his money.

Finn's allegiance switch might be because he want's to join a cause that he believes in. The First Order slaughters innocent people, something the Resistance doesn't do. And if he want's to take down the First Order, he's gonna need military help anyway.
    He's also wearing a Resistance uniform for the entire movie (after Jakku he could've easily switched outfits again if he didn't want to join the Resistance). He also helps them assault the First Order's base after he has met Maz. Giving them crucial info, and helping them orchestrate the attack.

About Rey and Poe: Maybe she joins up with him after her training. Maybe the Resistance base is under attack at the start of Episode VIII and she comes back to rescue Poe. There are dozens of scenario's possible at this moment to establish their relationship in VIII,

16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I reckon Luke isn't alone on Skellig, he's got a harem there.:p

Rabs likes this.
  17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Or she is just sharing a movie that she liked. Not everything is a clue to be solved lol.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    you do realize that it was a joke.[face_tee_hee]

20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Hey, I would believe she knows eho Olivia is. She probably know she will end up sharing set with her.

21. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    LOL, if you didn't use emoticons like you were paid to use them and instead used them every now and again to denote the tone of your post, it would be easier to tell.

22. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014
    I would prefer Maslany, although i don't really know much about Cooke. Maybe Cooke gets the part because she's around Boyega's age.

23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have a feeling that I'll hate this new character if they cast Gina Rodriguez as the role, My burning hatred for Jane the Virgin (I think it's one of the worst shows on television right now) will overshadow my love for Star Wars.

24. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Nothing is stopping the girl power in Star Wars right now! As a guy I just say: Welcome heroines & villainesses! :greensaber::kylosaber:

25. turnip white

Dec 3, 2014
    Aaaah Olivia is northern, she speaks proper English :D Had enough of this southern ****..........