main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Casting irony

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Obi-Ewan, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Gollum and the dino's from Jurassic Park. Both look real. I'm not saying STAR WARS CGI sucks, to me the environments and ships are excellent. However the characters could use more work, The best ones I saw in AOTC was Obi Wan's CG double (excellent) and Yoda (pretty damn good) the rest have that "you can tell it's CG" texture. I don't think ILM is doing a bad job, quite the opposite they are fabulous, just needs to be a little more real texture(I'm sure they will have it like that for EP3 (ROTS). AOTC ran circle around TPM and I'm sure EP3 will do the same.

2. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Atticus, you've touched one of my thoughts about CGI. The best CGI is the CGI I don't notice is there. Like Obi-Wan's double, I didn't know it was cgi until somebody told me. That for me is the best kind of CGI. If I know it is CGI by looking at it, I go "oooh pretty!" and I get pulled out of the picture. I hate that.

3. Jedimancer

Jedimancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2004
    Well, I didn't read the whole thread but here's my two cents. Personally, I feel that the ESB hologram should be replaced with Ian McDiamard(hey, he was the Emperor in Return of the Jedi, so it's not like they're taking an actor who was never in the Old Trilogy and putting them in the Old Trilogy). I don't think I'd want Sebastian Shaw switched with Anakin. Shaw does a perfectly good job and there's no more reason to switch him with Anakin than there is to switch Alec Guiness with Ewan McGregor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.