main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info CASTING NEWS (Open at your own risk!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by darthtuttle, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I hope and think she will indeed be a Solo.

And yes, I actually *will* be crushed if this is not the case. I try to deny it and say otherwise, but no. It would suck for me if she wasn't Han and Leia's kid.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd rather see Luke's kid (if he has one) be the main protagonist. The first 3 films are about Anakin Skywalker's fall and the second 3 films are about how his son grows up and redeems him after all, so I'd like to see Luke's descendants (if he has any) play a big role in the ST, at least IMO

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  3. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    And then there are those of us who won't be crushed if none of the new characters are related to anyone from the other movies.

4. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I'll be overjoyed if none of the new characters are related to anyone from the other movies. I don't want Star Wars Episode VII - The Skywalker Bunch.

5. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I think there is a sweetspot between everyone-is-related-to-an-OT-character and everyone-is-completely-new. The first six films trade way too heavily in family/offspring/legacy themes to completely drop those motifs in the ST. That said, I don't see the need for more than one, and that one does not have to be the lead or sole lead.

Forbidden Island likes this.
  6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I don't care whose kid she is (if anyone's,) I just want Daisy to be a Jedi. Princess Leia is great and all, but my daughters want to see a Jedi they can relate to. They love watching both Clone Wars and Rebels with me, but they're never quite as excited as when Ahsoka's kicking butt on screen.

7. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    Boyega seems like he will be playing a character with depth going by the trailer only. He's the lead that currently interests me the most. Ridley I have seen a Youtube clip of and going by her acting during that clip she strikes me as the ideal candidate for being Leia and Han's daughter. She not only looks like Fisher a bit, they share a sense of humor. I see in her a Han-like quality too.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Is it considered a spoiler to discuss/speculate about the actors themselves who are in the movie, as long as we don't mention who or what they are playing?

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't think so.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, that is not a spoiler, but it should only be discussed in this thread. This thread is for all casting discussions, and it already included the full list of the officially announced actors.

11. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    My guess: Daisy and John get equal screen time, but if you need to tell someone who the main character is, you'd probably say Daisy.