main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Casting rumor... Shia LeBeouf as Indy's son

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Juke Skywalker, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Shia LeBeouf (Louis from Disney Channel's Even Stevens) looks nice to play the son of Indiana Jones. I also really like the idea of Natalie Portman (Padme Naberrie Amidala Skywalker from all 3 of the Star Wars Prequels) as the daughter of Indiana Jones.

2. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Well apparently Variety is reporting that LeBeouf is in final negotiations to play Indy's son. [face_worried]

If Indy has a son or a young 20 something sidekick with him throughout the whole movie, the movie will be ruined.

No sidekicks needed. Have a guy like a Sallah type character show up for a bit of the movie like in Raiders. Then thats fine. But if its like Short Round or his Dad...the movie will blow.

Anyone with a brain knows they should focus on Indy like they did on Raiders. There is enough there for humour already. Have a love interest...and thats all you need. Hark back to the old serials George!!!

What happened to that old fogey!?!?! This also reeks of Spielberg and his personal relationships. What...he had a heart to heart moment with his real life son. So now a son has to be in Indy4?? Good god...just cast Jett Lucas as Indy's son, take some toilet paper, and wipe away already. [face_frustrated]

Sheesh.

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Now that Variety is reporting this I thinks it's actually going to happen.

4. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
  5. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    From TheRaider.net

LaBeouf hasn?t signed on for Indy 4 yet
    09/03/07, 5:54pm EST

Actor Shia LaBeouf commented on the latest Indy 4 rumors while talking to IESB.net:
    LaBeouf says he hasn?t signed on for anything yet or even read the script from the film he has been rumored to be starring in alongside Harrison Ford, Indiana Jones IV. I am sure he will end up signing on the dotted line, it?s Lucas and Spielberg. Who wouldn?t? But he says it depends on what the script is about, he doesn?t want to go in as just a sidekick character.

There definately seem to be negotiations to get him in the fourth film. But the info that Shia LaBeouf will play Indy's son is still nothing more than a rumor.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    More here on that from VH1;

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Cool. I totally agree with him on the daughter thing.

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I still hope for no offspring, I really do.

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    It's inevitable.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I have me fingers in my ears, and I can't hear you.

Lalalalalalala.

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
  12. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Well its official. The movie will have this kid as a son or a sidekick.

All signs point to a son. Speilberg has lost his groove. They should make a movie about that.

As I said before...seems that Speilberg and/or Lucas are having "moments" with their real life sons. So now its has to be portrayed in their movies.

First Jett Lucas, now this. I dont know whats worse. At least Jett Lucas in ROTS was a cameo.

So this is worse.

Shia La Beoof = Jar Jar. Nuff said.

Good times. [face_worried]

13. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    LOL at judging before seeing. What is it about human beings that we are unable to give things a chance before tearing them to shreds?

14. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    I guess on the flip side, Spielberg and Lucas should think before creating a character that will be loathed by the public.

But hey, they are making their own movie...so power to them. Let them do what they want. I'll still see it...but I personally feel that the family angle and young sidekick angle has already been done, and successfully. This is just retreading familiar territory and is not necessary for a new Indy movie.

And personally, I think Shia LaBeouf is all wrong for the role. Dont like this kid as an actor. But thats just me.

15. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I completely agree with you. He's going to be hated from the outset before anyone even sees the movie because he's the Even Stevens kid.

16. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
  17. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    LOL! The reaction to this reminds me of the reation to many of the rumours for AOTC and ROTS! [face_laugh]

I have no idea who this person is or whether Inday having a son will destory the movie or not, and I'm not really that bothered in all honesty, but at least give it a chance. ;)

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's the press release from Indianajones.com

Shia LaBeouf is Set for Indiana Jones
    April 13, 2007

Shia LaBeouf, one of the fastest-rising stars in the world of film, has now been set for the new Indiana Jones movie, it was announced today by Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.
    He will join Harrison Ford who returns as the action hero, the man with the hat and the whip.

Production on this fourth installment of the Indiana Jones adventure is scheduled to begin this June in Los Angeles and will also film at undisclosed distant locations.

Produced by Lucasfilm Ltd., directed by Spielberg, and released by Paramount Pictures throughout the world beginning May 22nd, 2008, the screenplay has been written by David Koepp. Frank Marshall will produce the film with Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy serving as Executive Producers.

It will be the third film the charismatic Shia has done with a Spielberg connection, the first two being the DreamWorks Pictures productions Disturbia and Transformers.

"We are excited about bringing Shia into our Indy family," said Spielberg. "His talent has impressed not only his audiences throughout his young career but the directors, producers and fellow actors who have worked with him in his television career and now his film career."

"I was hoping the rumors were true, so I couldn't be more thrilled," said Shia. "To be cast in an Indiana Jones film is like grabbing the brass ring and holding on for the ride. I'll do my best to meet the high standards that Steven, George, and Harrison have set and I can't wait to take that giant step in front of the Indy cameras."

LaBeouf can be seen in this Friday's release, Disturbia, a DreamWorks Pictures production, distributed by Paramount Pictures. The film also stars Carrie-Ann Moss, David Morse, Sarah Roemer and Aaron Yoo and was directed by D.J. Caruso. He will also lend his voice as a surfing penguin in this summer's animated film, Surf's Up for Sony Pictures. Next up is the highly anticipated Transformers, a co-production of DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures. The action-adventure film is directed by Michael Bay and will debut around the world this July 4th.

LaBeouf's other film credits include Bobby, A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, The Greatest Game Ever Played, Constantine, I, Robot, HBO's Project Greenlight production The Battle of Shaker Heights, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, and Holes.

On television, LaBeouf garnered much praise from critics everywhere for his portrayal of Louis Stevens on the Disney Channel's original series "Even Stevens." In 2003, he earned a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series for his work on the highly-rated family show.

And this Saturday night he's live from New York hosting NBC's "Saturday Night Live."

19. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    This makes me very sad. I was still rooting for Indy having a daughter. I think it will be easier for making a son than a daughter to simply fall into the role of being a sidekick. :(

20. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    [/quote]

I completely agree with you. He's going to be hated from the outset before anyone even sees the movie because he's the Even Stevens kid. [/quote]

Yes..But Kurt Russell was also a Disney kid as was Keri Russell and they both have done fine for themselves.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    [image=http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2005/05/noooooooo.jpg]

I'm sorry, but I just can't take him seriously at all. Like Jack Black. He's a good actor, but not for these kinds of movies.

22. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

LMAO mate, but I disagree.

23. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Some more details from an article at E News Online.

No official word on what part LaBeouf will play in the yet to be titled installment. Lucas & Co. remain tight-lipped about David Koepp's screenplay, whose plot remains a mystery rivaling the location of the Lost Ark. All we know for sure is that the sequel is set sometime in the 1950s, features a creakier if still capable Dr. Jones and addresses the age issue.

However, LaBeouf, while indicating he hadn't read the script yet, did drop a few hints in an interview with USA Today.

"I can tell you I'm sort of the sidekick character, obviously," the actor said, refuting online buzz that his character may end up being Indy's son. "I'm sure there are a lot of laughs at my expense, and some kind of creature crawling on me.

"It's not going to be Short Round, all grown up," he continued, referring to the karate-kicking Asian kid who saved Indy from the cult of Kali in 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Honestly I have no problem with him appearing in the film. I've choosen to accept him and will withhold final judgement until the film comes out.

24. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Man am I the only one who thinks Short Round was pretty cool?

25. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Naw man, naw. Short Round rocks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.