main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Casting Rumors 2.0 - Nothing but casting rumors... or else.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mavjade , Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I think all this about Han's role being gigantic is being taken too literally. As Ford has tried to distance himself from SW and Han over the years I interpret it to mean that with all that considered his part is lot bigger and more significant than anyone would have expected, not meaning that he has a larger role than Luke. Which, I very much doubt is actually the case. But think he's going to have a lot more than just an extended cameo.

2. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    A prophecy misread, could have been :)

3. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    It's 8:46am in the UK right now, I wonder what time the table read is?

Lurknomore likes this.
  4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Look all Ford has to do is wake up, mumble some lines, look at some dude with yak fur for a face, hold up a plastic toy, and in his death scene while he is fake slapping at imaginary fire on his head scream "I know I know" to Fisher.

He can then go to his trailer(which really just a brinks truck) and cry himself to sleep on a bed of 100 dollar bills saying "I was in Witness."

5. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Crystal Skull is a possible template, with Han and Luke driving the story while the youngsters are basically in every scene.

markdeez33 likes this.
  6. Ichthyocentaur

Ichthyocentaur Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2014

Or maybe... it's not being taken literally enough.

NEW RUMOR: Han Solo to get zapped by Sith growth ray, turn into giant monster in Episode VII

[​IMG]

Mystery Roach and Satipo like this.
  7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Mega Ford! He will swat all your planes and then try to fly them.

8. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Makes sense. Who else is gonna fight Palpatine reincarnated in the body of the cloned Zillo Beast?

9. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Maybe, but my concern is that you are trying to grow these new characters and they are effectively taking a back seat for this episode (again if the rumors are true).

10. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    That's ridiculous, Yancy. There is no larger problem. There are hordes of kids who love all 6 SW movies and will be excited about new ones. For the youngest, who are coming in through TCW, Rebels etc, it makes total sense to start shifting the OT merchandise again, which will also achieve the distancing from the PT that will reassure the many that don't like the PT.

11. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    I'm all for Ep IV and V kind of gigantic role for Han. He's Han frickin Solo. He deserves it after the mess Lucas did with him in ROTJ.

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  12. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Agreed. I trust Abrams & Ford won't allow him to be the wise cracking, smirking buffoon he was in that film.

13. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  14. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Seems like he may have been someone people sat on so to speak - pretty sure yesterday was the first time his name has openly come up. I think he sounds a great choice.

15. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    My goodness. JJ has spent half of the last 12 months trying to cast the main young leads and people are concerned with the fact we might get too much of Solo??? Solo will be there and I predict that he will get as much screentime as Obi-wan did in ANH. We all remember how bad this movie was ! Can some people let go the fact that it wont be Cocoon in spaces ? JJ and Kasdan are making the movie that will feel like 4 billion spent by Disney was a bargain.

It might not be the best SW movie, but if its a safe movie like ANH....(which im pretty sure is the tone they are aiming at)...how can people be so negative toward a movie they know nothing of.

Children and young adults will be raised by this movie for generations to come, even with a geriartic Harrison Ford and more importantly.....a young female lead that will rewrite the book of rules regarding what to expect from a female character in a SW movie.

Folks....we are getting the SW movie that we all dreamt when we saw Luke at the edge of that sail barge, when he salutes Artoo and the music starts to flow....

Heroic characters in the middle of propulsive action scenes....but this time around....it could even be a girl !

Satipo likes this.
  16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Sorry if this has been addressed already (I'm at work and can only look quickly), but does it seem like we're being played?

First Arndt was let go because he focused on the new SOLO children, and the script was reworked to focus more on Luke and the SKYWALKER children.
    Is that correct? Is that how everyone perceived that? I'm more than happy to be incorrect.
    Now, with the new reworked script we are being told of a gigantic (pivotal?) role for Han SOLO.

Is it just me or do those two events in the script timeline kinda contradict themselves?

Of course, the "gigantic" role could be his pivotal death scene that inspires our new heroes....

Krueger and Ryus like this.
  17. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

Yeah I'm going to go with what others have said and assume the use of the word "gigantic" means that Han plays a bigger role than expected in the film, not necessarily the biggest role in the film. If the Big 3 are more of a focus than expected, it would be odd for Luke to not be the biggest of the three. I think what we'll see is that Han plays a pretty big role, bigger than expected, but is not the main character.

Krueger, Ryus and Satipo like this.
  18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Rule of thumb with all this stuff - when in doubt apply common sense.

Ryus and StoneRiver like this.
  19. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    okay...with the read through it's just on 12pm in London...so if they did it in the morning...it's already happened....lol..

now we wait...

20. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    That seems to be lacking around here on occassion. :p

I dont think anyone really knows the timetable for the supposed table read. So I am just not going to assume the table read started, finished or is in progress until we hear something.

Lurknomore and Satipo like this.
  21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Is the table read this week's version of the Disney Breakfast?

Are they serving breakfast at this table read?

22. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Carrie in London, looks great. Anyone at this point still not sure if big 3 is in SW ............. :p
    [​IMG]

Krueger likes this.
  23. CaptainYorkshire

CaptainYorkshire Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2014
    Just come across this at work and havn't had much time to catch up on recent comments but what do you make of Zac efron being in the film? i'm split personally...like, hes clearly getting better as an actor - but he's so disney. it could make the role abit of a joke...anyway, this seems the latest on the rumour anyway. han solo's son?

http://www.moviecricket.com/zac-efron-play-han-solos-son-star-wars-episode-vii-94666/

24. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

I'd feel the same way I'm sure a lot of Batman fans felt when they heard Heath Ledger was going to play the Joker - former teen heartthrob seems a bit off, but he's turned in some pretty good performances over the past couple of years, so let's see what he can do.

25. CaptainYorkshire

CaptainYorkshire Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2014
    Yeah, i think you're right. him and ryan gosling i believe are favourites for the role. id probably prefer gosling, but i actually think id be happy with either of them leading. think they'd take the role seriously and engage with the material. youre right about ledger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.