main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Casting Rumors 2.0 - Nothing but casting rumors... or else.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mavjade , Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    What's his Sith name? Darth Mysterio would be perfect if Marvel hadn't used part of it already. :p

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well why? So that people don't start asking questions and guess that the production is troubled. Because it's better for marketing, if they don't.

I think that there are great tensions between different members of the production and that is why everything takes so long.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is the Casting Rumors thread, not the "this is taking too long" thread.

4. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It's not troubled. Up against it, sure, but up against it is normal for any major production as pp looms. Again, we will get cast announcements sooner rather than later simply by default and then all this doom mongering can be replaced by doom mongering about something else. Even if it was troubled, a troubled shoot does not have to mean an inferior final film.

DarthBreezy and Dra--- like this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Childish. If I am doom mongering, then you are painting little purple clouds.

I don't think the film will flop, I think it will be a moderate success. I just wanted to explain why I don't trust what Abrams and co. say. Because people were attacking me on it and all.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  6. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Agree to disagree.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

It depends on how you define "moderate success". If you consider $1.5 - $2 billion in gross receipts as moderately success than I agree with you. :p

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Could we rename it:

Casting Rumors 2.0 - Nothing but casting rumors... or else, but daaaammmmmnnn it's taking long

KED12345 likes this.
  9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    We still have May and the summer months. :p

10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Nothing to see here. Just the too often breakdown in patience that happens around here every other day or so.

El_Machete12, Dra---, Dewback and 3 others like this.
  11. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    To get back onto some sense of the topic, how will folks feel if lots of these rumors are true and the cast ends up being mostly unknowns? Does that excite anyone? The idea makes me pretty pleased personally.

12. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I like the idea of a blend of relative unknowns with some seasoned thesps to round things out.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    In good old Star Wars tradition it's sure to be a mix of both, throughout the Trilogy. Personally, I'm hoping for an Imperial Gary Oldman.

14. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Weirdly, I'd like a Jedi Oldman, or at least some kind of good guy.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That works too.

16. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Depends on what you mean. Financially? The movie will be a massive hit whether its good or bad. Episode 7 marketing will be an inescapable maw when its gets rolling(backed up by Disney dollars). If the movie is bad that posses far more problems for episode 8 and the franchise as a whole however.

If your saying artistically? I don't know. Personally? I don't expect the movie to be great. Not impossible but highly improbable. I think Disney was always going to "play it safe" with episode 7. So, that means we are probably going to get a healthy dose of "fan service."

With that said, I think we still may get a good movie. Maybe thats all it really needs to be at this point?

Satipo likes this.
  17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Are we back on this old hobby horse? Imagining tension between the creators? To what end?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Immortiss and The Hellhammer like this.
  18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Let's ask him...

Gary, who could you play in Star Wars?

19. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I like the idea of the main characters being lesser knowns, but choices like Richardson-Sellers (who has never acted professionally, just in school plays) make me very, very nervous. We are talking a multi-picture deal here, so we can't exactly switch horses in mid-stream if things don't work out...

20. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    We got him. 37 years ago. His name was Obi-Wan Kenobi. Vader even called him by his Jedi handle: "Your powers are weak [Jedi] Old man..." :p

EDIT: To stay on target, tho, I really, Really, REALLY hope GO is in this--that'll be acting chops, Baby!

TKT and Satipo like this.
  21. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    That actually does not make me all that nervous. If they can act then that's great. I can see where camera experience would be good, but I'm not sure it would be a necessity for me.

22. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I doubt they would cast anyone if they didn't feel they were up to the task acting-wise.

23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    We already had that argument, Dra---. :rolleyes:

Dra--- likes this.
  24. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    And we all suffered through it. Let's overcome our collective whinging and get back to rumors. I'll start: does the Lupita suggestion havr any legs left at this point? Thoughts...

Fleab88, JainaSoloYJK and Dra--- like this.
  25. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

No clue. The "big announcement" her agent referred to could be another movie, so at this point there's nothing for or against the possibility of her being in Star Wars.

At this point, I'd say the state of the rumor mill is (in regards to new characters):

Solid: Driver

Maybe: Richardson-Sellers, Nyong'o, Boyega, Speleers, Fisher, Oldman

Probably Not: Plemmons, Thomas, Reynor

Definitely Not: Cumberbatch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.