main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Casting Rumors 2.0 - Nothing but casting rumors... or else.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mavjade , Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Right, but those were not his comments earlier in the process. He said they had a "great story." Well, that story pretty much got jettisoned according to reports.

Yancy

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Welcome to Bunchedpantiesville. :rolleyes:

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    They had a great story....it doesnt mean they got a great script from that story....

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It's not like "our story is great" means much, though.

If the rumors about Arndt's script are right, then I am happy Abrams had him fired and took over everything. Even if that process was damaging and painful.

5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It doesn't also rule out that the new script is not great either (I'll admit it may stink - I just don't think it will).

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Sometimes I feel like Abrams/Lucasfilm WANTS to be the last film to release casting news.

Momotaros likes this.
  7. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    An anonymous poster at starwars7news (yes I know, I know) who claims to have insider info has just stated in the thread about the Disney breakfast on that site that an actor called Logan Huffman has been cast as "one of the Skywalkers". Yes, I'm sceptical too, but thought I'd mention it as that's a name I've not heard come up before, but as usual, truck load of salt is probably required ;)

Trebor Sabreon and Lurknomore like this.
  8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Even though we don't know that Abrams technically "had him fired and took over everything". That's another discussion that's gone around in circles, just like what's going on in here now. Let's try (again) to get this back on topic.

9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Abrams is a great actors director and can even make a script work that has a whole lot of logic issues, so there's one big thing to look forward too. We'll get characters that are engaging and dynamic. Of course a great script would also be great.

10. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I have no idea who Logan Huffman is. *googles him*
    OMFG he's evil looking!
    [​IMG]

11. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Logan Huffman, eh? Hmm. He looks familiar for some reason. I don't think I've ever seen him in anything though. Anyone else?

12. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    I had the same thought, Satipo, but then I went to his IMDb page, and haven't seen any of the projects of his that are listed there.

13. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I doubt GL, KK and Iger gave their ok to a shift in script if they were not convinced about Abrams reasons to ask for a change. Horn claimed the script WASN'T were they want it to be, which could pretty much refer to the Arndt draft.

Let's avoid the panic.

14. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

Taking with a ton of salt, but sure, I can see it.
    [​IMG]

15. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    last comment on the script:

Kathleen Kennedy herself said they had a "great script" and she was "really excited."

But here's where I have a big problem. I don't think JJ had any interest or intent of ever using Arndt's script at all, and here's why. In May of 2013 Kathleen Kennedy in an interview at Celebration says that she, JJ, Kasdan and ARNDT met "almost every day" going over the script... and that it was going great. Problem... it's a lie:

In late April 2013 (about two weeks before Celebration Europe), while heavily into rewrites (mind you he had written his initial Episode VII draft in 2012 before the sale to Disney), Arndt revealed in a speech to young screenwriters that he had not met or even talked with JJ yet about the script, but looked forward to that process. WAIT??? WHAT??? How is that even possible? We're talking a full two months after JJ was on board. How does the director not even communicate what he wants? I mean if all I'm getting are FedEx notes or email suggestions two months into a new director being hired, and then the announcement comes he was bringing Lawrence Kasdan into the process I think I would start looking for a new gig... you're dead man walking.

Yancy

Dewback, Ryus, Apophis_ and 4 others like this.
  16. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Very interesting. If nothing else, it's a new rumour.

Lurknomore likes this.
  17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    the same site posted that Lily Collins had auditioned for a lead role in December. Absolutely NOBODY picked up on this. They had also reported something about Sigourney Weaver and same thing-nothing. Probably not a good source.

Dewback likes this.
  18. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    I could see this Logan fellow as a possible Solo son.

Lurknomore, RobShanti and Satipo like this.
  19. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    I remember that kid. he was the annoying son of the lead in V. Good actor, but I hated that kid.

Yancy

Satipo likes this.
  20. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    IDKY but that dude looks like somebody I would cast in a Teen Titans movie as Robin or Superboy. IDK....just the first thing that popped into my mind.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Maybe that's where I remember him from.

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    So who's going to follow Horn to London and sneak some audio and video of the conversation?

Gallandro likes this.
  23. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    I agree. That site has a VERY bad track record so far. This was a poster on the site though, not the site itself. Although for what it's worth they are apparently running an update on Lily Collins' involvement tomorrow.

24. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Do you have a link Claire?

25. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    The kid pictured has a good look to him, though I'd say he fits better as a Skywalker than a Solo.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  26. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    You may have seen this on your Google Image search, DC, and not remembered it consciously:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.