main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I know Elle Fanning is great!

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I heard about Ronan, but where was it stated that Hurd-Wood was out of the running?

3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Sign her up as someone other than 'Rachel' now or the new character for episode VIII, problem solved. ;)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Barely known is debatable. Jake Lloyd had already done a movie as "the Governator's" kid at the time.

[​IMG]

SkywalkerSquadron and Immortiss like this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I happened to like Life As A House, for the record that nobody is tallying.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I did too, when he got picked I had no issues at the time.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That film answers any questions I may ever have about what they saw in him as an actor for that particular character arc.

8. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Someone's audition experience, interesting read:

http://gleekship1.tumblr.com/post/66645497171/my-star-wars-vii-audition-experience

The females were all of skinny petite when looked at from afar with a smaller bust size. They were typically brunette, but I did notice one blonde haired woman skirt on through. Skin color was usually pale, but I saw a few darker skin toned ladies be accepted as well. The hair-lengths were long as well. I’m unsure as to eye color or anything that you’ll notice when close-up as I was far away.

For the males, brunnettes were chosen as well. I also noticed the pattern that most of the chosen men had a small amount of stubble on their faces, so I think that this may be a factor. They were of slimmer build, such as a swimmer or a model that wasn’t too well-built. The men were also shorter than 5‘10 or right on the dot. They did tend to choose the males that were shorter over the taller men in the room.

Haha, "open to all ethnicties".

9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    You all should know better than to trust a strange casting call.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I thought he was more convincing as a house than as a Jedi.

11. soul8luos

Sep 19, 2013
  12. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Wow, it almost sounds like they are looking for beautiful, smart, athletic people.

13. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    http://collider.com/star-wars-episode-7-auditions-casting-call/

"As CS reminds us, for Super 8, the casting call provided descriptions that turned out to be different from the final character. The way this works is that the descriptions are meant to bring out certain emotions. As for the actors, I’m ambivalent about casting unknowns. You might get Hailee Steinfeld or you might get Hayden Christensen."

P.S. Would anyone be shocked if these open auditions end up on Episode VII bonus features for the DVD/Blu-ray in 2016?

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I was thinking about that too. If they have any large panning shots of the crowd in Nashville, Darth Chiznuk may get to be on a SW DVD/BluRay. :p

15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep, so make sure to go in full costume and bring your lightsaber.

I mean, you won't get the part, or anything, but it surely increases the odds of making the bonus features. :p

Darth_Articulate, handofluke and Ryus like this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd consider that being in a SW movie. I'd put it on my resume and make business cards that say official Star Wars actor. :p

17. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    If anybody goes to these casting calls, be sure to bring at least two apples (in case you get hungry in line and eat one), and get as much practice as you can walking and talking while eating an apple beforehand. I doubt they'll even consider anyone who doesn't already possess a mastery of apples.

18. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    What you will claim is true, from a certain point of view.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This reminds me, why haven't people started awful rumors about Haylee Steinfeld or Abigail Breslin in SW yet?

20. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    Would a thread for people to talk about their plans/experiences attending the open casting calls be in order?

I've enjoyed seeing the coverage and feedback from the various outlets and would like to hear about our own member's experiences. I haven't seen any specific place for this and since this thread has been the most active place for talking about it... this seemed like the logical place to first pose the question.

Could also host all of the links to media coverage, blogs, etc.

21. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    That's a good point. This thread has become a catchall for anything casting related, but those things don't so much fall into the rumor category.

22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Good lord, how many times have we tried to explain that to the folks who are trying to dig deep into the descriptions? It is nice to have another voice saying it too.

Ryus likes this.
  23. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I totally get that... But I could see it going either way and since it's the closest thing to anything official story-wise that we have to speculate about, I say why not just have some fun with it until we learn otherwise? I'm not going to be let down if it turns out to be totally misleading.

24. soul8luos

Sep 19, 2013
    [​IMG]

Star Wars vii audition "officially" confirmed. LOL

FRAGWAGON and Mystery_Roach like this.
  25. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I guess they figured there was no longer any point in pretending this isn't for Star Wars since everyone in the world already knows it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.