main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HWK-290

HWK-290 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 29, 2013
    Thraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!

[​IMG]
    Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, it wouldn't be the first time that those involved in a Bad Robot production straight out lied about a film's contents in order to keep things hush-hush.

Ryus likes this.
  2. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013

IMO, I think you're absolutely right that he will have a small role in Episode VII. It might not even be announced. It could be like a Thanos tease at the end of the Avengers.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The thing is, Cumberbatch would make such a good Imperial, and I don't want to expect imperials in the ST. I'm trying to resist my inner OT fanboy. :)

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'll believe the Cumberbatch rumor when I see Deadline or another equally trusted website report that he is in. I just remember there being a time when we all thought Matthew Vaughn was on board for SW7 (I mean we had evidence like that creepy actor was all "Bar the deal", several Lucasfilm people dodging the question, websites claiming he had signed on, ect) and look how that turned out. I just need more concrete evidence outside of the usual "He could be dodging it" stuff

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd agree with this.

Thanks to the OWTKY revelation, the Pettyfer and Hurd-Wood rumors feel the most likely to me, too. I also agree that visually, at least, both Alex and Rachel seem to fit the bill of a young Skywalker and Solo, respectively.

The wording of Cumberbatch's non-denial denial also leaves me fairly convinced that Benedict is at least a somewhat legitimate possibility.

Darth Chiznuk as far as I know, as relates to the mystery JJ/Moretz power lunch / Disney script, Claire is the only one yet to produce a published source (and, as she noted, her source flat-out states that it was all a fanciful work of fiction). This is not to say that a meeting did not take place, of course, or that a legit source does not exist out there somewhere, only that it's the only thing I've seen, other than hearsay. [face_dunno]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

I don't know anyone who really took Matthew Vaughn that seriously. His name was being bandied around like Del Toro, Abrams and Affleck... and all of those names were in the mix to one degree or another.

Yancy

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah whatever happened with that "JJ/Moretz Lunch and Disney script" thing. You'd imagine there would be an article about that. I searched a lot last night for it and I found nothing. So either
    A) It was deleted
    B) It still out there and I havnt found it yet (unlikely)
    C) It was just a forum post or something like that
    D) It never existed and was all made up
    [face_dunno]

8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    It wouldn't surprise me much if the ST antagonist is an Imperial who takes over whatever's left of the Empire but I doubt it'll be any version of Thrawn. Personally, I'm expecting the antagonist to be a Sith since they were antagonists for the rest of the saga. Plus, Disney needs a way to get kids fans to buy the newest lightsaber toys he/she will use.

Gallandro likes this.
  9. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah I've done a number of searches myself and have thus far come up empty. There's no way a story like that wouldn't spread throughout the interwebs so I think it's BS. I'm not calling the person who talked about this in the old thread a liar at all I just don't believe whatever original source it came from.

Trebor Sabreon and Darth Claire like this.
  11. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I remember those days. I think one of my favorite rumors was Gillian Anderson in Episode II as Qui-Gon's former apprentice/"something more". Actually, this time around I'm going to sit back and enjoy the rumor insanity. I invite you all to join me. [face_dancing]

12. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Nothing is set in stone until we get storyboards. ;)

FinleySlade and The Hellhammer like this.
  13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Great to see Chloe Grace Moretz is watching the PT good for her doesn't mean she's in EP7 it just means she had a bit of time to kill so watched the PT - quite simple really.....

Darth Claire likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I watched the PT recently. Take from that what you will. I am not able to say another word on the subject.

15. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Chorus, your signature rings true now more than ever.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Only now, at the end, do you understand". :p

I put that in as soon as the madness started. Shakespeare must have been a moderator on a Star Wars forum.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This just in Justin Bieber to play in VII as Jar Jar Binks :p ( now that would tick off everyone )

18. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Depends whether he finds a new definition of pain and suffering as he's slowly digested over a thousand years or not. :p

Jedishine and Sum-Wan like this.
  19. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    I would be so thrilled if Chloe Grace Moretz were to star in episode 7! She is a great actress and seems like she would be fully devoted to her character.( Not to mention that it would be the first time that there some eye candy in Star Wars, well for us younger folk that is)

20. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Someone jokingly convinced themselves that this was the actual title and that El Mayimbe was trying to be subtle about it.:D

FinleySlade likes this.
  21. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    It is useless to resist.

HWK-290 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  22. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't think we're going to get much -- if any -- Imperial Remnant shenanigans in VII. My guess is GL's outlines were focused on the Sith/Jedi conflict -- he was hyper focused on that on in the PT. The Imp Remnant was more of an EU thing. (I'd rather Imps than Sith, personally, but I don't think it's going to happen, unless Disney decided to chuck GL's outlines in the garbage and start fresh/turn to the EU).

23. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing Cumberbatch play a Jedi.

Jedishine likes this.
  24. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003

You're wrong.

"The sequel trilogy was to feature Luke Skywalker as a Jedi Master in his sixties, passing on the torch to the next generation of Jedi, the dismantlement of the last remnants of the Galactic Empire and the rebuilding of the Galactic Republic."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sequel_trilogy

Jedishine and Echo-07 like this.
  25. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    That's me! And I'm still unrepentantly hoping it will be the title!

Echo-07 and Immortiss like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.