main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I need a sedative after reading the last 5 pages of this thread... [face_hypnotized]

yodasbum likes this.
  2. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
  3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    markdeez33 likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, that really has nothing to do with anything in this forum. We are not random SW fan TMZ.

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Dogs and cats sleeping together.

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    [face_laugh] Yeah, I was going to say its like the opening scene of ANH when we watch the Star Destroyer glide past but I think the Space Balls 1 from Space Balls is more apropos.

Ryus likes this.
  7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I think this being a joke about these last few pages being 'long' is a case where I personally can forgive a triple post... it just hammers in the point. =D=

Don't blast me for saying so mods [face_nail_biting]

Echo-07 and Boba_Fat83 like this.
  8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yes, sorry Mods. Stupid lag!

It's not my fault. It's not my fault!

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Ninja'd

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Mass hysteria!

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  12. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008

What exactly have we heard from an official capacity that says anything about these movies starring the next generation? You mean the massive world wide open casting call looking for Katniss and Peeta? Oops I mean 'Rachel' and 'Thomas'. The massive casting call where they don't care if you have ANY acting background? The massive casting call where both groups of casting directors have gone on record saying they are going for the 'right look'? The massive casting call for two MAJOR ROLES and they don't have to have any acting experience? Am I the only one that finds that highly suspicious?

So this is how it is the two leads don't have to have any acting background, but that Thanksgiving play from 3rd grade will help, and they are supposed to lead the new movies to greatness? And you thought fandom imploded from Jake Lloyd's acting and let's not forget all the love that Hayden Christiansen gets around here. That's almost as believable as when people started saying that Disney had already locked in December of 2015 as the magical release date of the DVD/BD.

People need to start looking at the bigger picture of what's going on. Start paying attention to what is being slowly drip fed to the fans. Pablo going on record saying that some of the storylines from TCW were never intended to be finished in the cartoon, but in other things. The massive focus that both Dark Horse and Del Rey are putting on the Big 3. The rumor that has one of the actors from Rebels is in Episode VII as well.

The clues and hints are there for fans to digest and speculate. But I'm going to finish this post with this: Has anyone else noted that since JJ and Kasdan moved on to scripting duties more and more blogs have stopped using the 30 years later tagline and started using the magic word of 'rewrite'? Think about that for a little bit.

newdawn12 likes this.
  13. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    321 pages and the only confirmed rumor is R2-D2, pretty sad.
    What they could do at least at this point, is release 1 person per month to keep excitement going, I don't agree with announcing the whole cast when shooting starts, or even keeping it a secret beyond that.

Disagree I do with Disney on this.
    We are almost into 2014 and we still don't know with 100% certainty what actors and actress will be in this.

Veloz likes this.
  14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    at the time of the statements from Lucas that I posted she was.

15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

16. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    If you replace "body doubles" with "aliens" it will all make sense.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This is deja vu all over again!

18. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    you can say that again!..........or did you already [face_thinking]

19. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    ...aaand once more, the craziest thread of the month trophy stays in the hands of the unstoppable Casting Rumors thread!

20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

21. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    All this "news" brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.

Immortiss likes this.
  22. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I know its casting related but maybe we should have a "body double" thread... to at least debate the idea in a place where those who don't want to hear that don't have to go to but those who dont mind listening or debating it can go without being shot down by lots of meme replies.

Personally, I don't know what to think on the matter. Haven't made up my mind for or against. So a thread to debate it in makes sense to me since a lot of people here seem very hostile to the general idea while others seem very set on the idea. Im just worried without mod concent any new such thread will be locked very quick but if kept here the idea will antagonize many and scare people off from the thread that should be about rumors but not more elaborite theories.

Immortiss likes this.
  23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Wait, what do you want a separate thread for? The possibility of the Big 3 actors' heads being put onto a younger person's body?

24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    don't forget de-aged heads. That's an important part of the theory.

Darth Chiznuk and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. EffieGray

EffieGray Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 25, 2013
    The silly talk re de-aged heads is a bit silly. It is obviously getting in the way of all the rampant fascinating rumours flying around at the moment that could be being discussed instead. Oh wait.....Or maybe not!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.