main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Welcome to the internet :p

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    but not "The Internets"

3. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    I feel fairly confident that it's okay to say this here. I think the most important thing to do with these movies is keep an open mind as to what's going to happen with these films. The Sequel Trilogy will be made for a new generation of movie goers. The creative team isn't going to cater to the long time EU fan, they are making these movies for the general audience. They are making these films to continue the Saga, not close up shop once Episode IX hits theaters.

Trust me I've gotten a ton of rumors that I absolutely did not agree with, but I refuase to burn bridges with a source because I don't like the message. I know it's a lot of work but if you read up on as much as you can, whether it's interviews or podcasts or whatever there are hints being dropped as to what could be coming. Sometimes those things point to something way closer to RotJ and sometimes they point to something way farther out, but I think that's what Lucasfilm/Bad Robot/Disney want. They want fans to be left guessing, they want the mystery and suspense there for these movies that existed for the OT. Whether they can pull that off or not is left to be seen.

kataja, Ryus, Veloz and 1 other person like this.
  4. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    To those of you who don't know, Corax78, is Cory Voyek reporter for Roqoodepot.com, he's been covering Lucasfilm, and Star Wars for nearly a decade, He has covered Lucasfilm, Del Rey, Dark Horse, and Hasbro, he knows what he's talking about.

5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    If they were going to put a de-aged Hamill head on a teenager's body so they could make a 30 something Luke, why would Hamill be working out for 9 months prior to filming? Why even have auditions if the person didn't need to act since their head was being replaced and their performance wouldn't be used anyway? If all you need is a body double, that's what stand-ins and stunt doubles are for. And if you're going to make a CGI 30 something Luke head, why not just CGI the body and motion capture?

Oh yeah, you wouldn't. I know how cool it would be to see Luke kicking a## in his 30's, but that hasn't been the plan since 1980. Since 1980 the plan has been to have a 60 year old Luke.......and guess what, Mark is 62. Coincidence? I think not.

6. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    Who said anything about Luke being in his thirties if this is the route they choose to go in? Here's something else to look at. Remember when there were rumors that they wanted Mark and Carrie to get as close as possible to the size they were in RotJ? What if they couldn't do it?

You also seem supremely confident that Lucas never changed his mind on anything to do with Star Wars since 1980. The facts don't support that claim in the least.

Ryus likes this.
  7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    newdawn said the de-aging was because VII was 5 years after Jedi, which would put Luke in his 30's..........so it came from Team Body Double. Why would they cast a teenager as the body double to someone in their 30's?

The rumor never said size, it said appearance. Mark has been working out for 2-3 months, he has 6-7 more months until filming starts. By the way, what do you mean if he couldn't? Nobody has seen a recent picture of him so for all we know he already lost the weight he needed.

I never implied Lucas "never changed his mind on anything to do with Star Wars since 1980". What I said, and what is true, is Lucas has followed his outlines for the PT and based his ST treatments on his outlines from the early 80's. The script is being written from Lucas' treatments that were based on his outlines, outlines that followed a 60 year old Luke Skywalker.

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well, good point Corax78. It could be more for thinner bodies and/or then throw in some light deageing (not subtracting 30 years but maybe say 10-15). I agree we shouldn't ignore a possibility, especially if I disagree with it. I want to be open minded about this as possible

Just theorizing out loud... I'm bored... Plus Corax78 and newdawn has said nothing illogical, people are claiming it would cost too much but we don't even know how much they are in the movie. So cost arguments is based on an assumption

Corax78 likes this.
  9. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    so, they'd de-age Luke to his late 40's/early 50's and use a teenager as his body double?

I'm just sayin' that it don't make sense.

Darth Chiznuk and Echo-07 like this.
  10. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm thinking they'll want Luke, and Leia to be 25

11. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    First off I said and/or... so they could still be looking late 50's.

Second they did use a body double for Christopher Lee in episodes II and III for the saber fights minus the close ups and it looked great. There is precidence for this in Star Wars already.

Immortiss and Corax78 like this.
  12. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008

Even five years after Jedi puts Luke and Leia at 28, not in their 30s. They would be the same age as they were in the Thrawn Trilogy at post 5 years.

13. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    If they're casting body doubles, it makes absolutely no sense to say that the male has to be over 18 but the female only needs to be over 16. No way would they even consider using somebody underage for that because it creates a whole host of availability problems. And as others have said, those aren't even the correct ages anyway. There's also the fact that it would just look ridiculous. The tech to make that work is not there. I can definitely imagine them doing some digital touch-ups on the actors to de-age them a little, but this body double with CG head stuff is nonsense.

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    as a stunt double for far away shots, not as a stand in for each scene he was in a la CLU. Big difference. They also didn't have worldwide casting auditions for the stunt double either.

Yeah, that doesn't make it any better.

Darth Chiznuk and Echo-07 like this.
  15. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    This assumes the casting hunt and body doubles idea is one and the same... or that they don't want the kids of the big three to look so close to their big 3 parents that they couldn't also be their parents body doubles for as many shots as possible.

Again, just trying to be open minded...

16. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Wait are you saying that the OT cast hasn't aged yet they have teenage children?

And I'm only responding to the theory put forth in this thread that the casting calls were for OT character body doubles with CG head replacement.

Echo-07 and T-R- like this.
  17. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I never said they didn't age them (I implied up to 10-15 years tops... if they do it at all), don't mix up my post and newdawns (30+ years off) and them hold me accountable. Lol [face_laugh]

T-R-, newdawn12 and Mystery_Roach like this.
  18. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    The only CGI head I could ever see them use for more than stunt doubling is if they bring in a Ghost Kenobi. They might CGI Alec's head.

19. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Yeah sorry I didn't connect that last post to your earlier ones.

Ryus likes this.
  20. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    No worries ;)

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  21. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    The three leads in the cast list, aren't the teenage children, they're the Original characters, with the other four being supporting characters.

the ages we see, can easily be different from the ages onscreen, with the basic personality traits matching the characters.

22. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    So, you're saying this describes the original characters being recast?

[face_hypnotized]

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    yep, the first three, do fit Leia, Luke, and Han

24. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004

As long as you ignore their ages and character descriptions, it's a perfect match.

25. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    right on.

They might be looking for the same dynamic as in the OT, that doesn't mean they are the same characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.