main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well hopefully once we get some confirmations the discussions here *or whereever casting discussions will be made* "sane up". I'll be pissed if we get casting news and people here instead waste their time ranting on Pt actors (who probably wont even show up), fearing over OT3 recasts, or other things that totally dont have anything to do with casting. I mean we got the closest thing to real news recently *Driver* and I swear we barely talked about him, even now.

2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Also, have we done away with the double posting rule now?

Darth_Panicius and Immortiss like this.
  3. Irate Bounty Hunter

Irate Bounty Hunter Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2014
    Big three - 100%
    Adam Driver - 90%
    Billy Dee Williams - 70%
    Gary Oldman - 60%
    Zac Efron - 60%
    Chiwetel Ejiofor - 50%
    Jesse Plemons - 45%
    David Oyelowo - 40%
    Jack O'Connell - 25%
    Benedict Cumberbatch - 20%
    Michael B Jordan - 12%
    John Noble - 10%
    Saoirse Ronan - 5%
    Ksenia Solo - 4%
    Hugo Weaving - 3%
    Ewan McGregor (ghost) - 2%
    Tom Hiddleston - 2%

Evil--Yoda likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

You're correct... this thread gets way too off topic way too often. We already have a plan (already announced) to lock this thread anyway once the first official casting announcement gets made. After that point, individual actors will each have their own casting rumor thread if warranted. Once confirmed, those threads would be made Official, and if not confirmed by some point they will be locked.

However, this is also a notice to all in this thread to keep this thread on topic until we reach that point. The topic is Casting Rumors. This is not a social thread, this is not a thread to debate things like "Terence Stamp having a bad experience on TPM, Lucas' abilities as a director, and Ewan McGregor's work since the PT". Also, we don't need countless more posts talking about how bored we are with the lack of an announcement, nor do we need posts talking about how this decision is bad and that this thread should actually live on forever in its current form.

5. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

You keep changing your story. You never said anything about how interesting, or not, the films themselves were. I couldn't care less what you, or most people, deem an interesting or memorable film. You said, and I quote:

same goes for Ewan (the actor)...he has not been interesting in a movie since the prequels

If you truly believe that Ewan McGregor hasn't given an interesting performance in any film since 2005, there really is less than nothing for us to debate. Different worlds, by far. Hell in the real world I highly doubt most people considered Ewan's prequel turns anywhere near as "interesting" as his typical work.

That's assuming you've actually even seen any of the films I mentioned, which I doubt.

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Thanks to DARTH MUPPET for this:

[​IMG]

Anyone still think they are gonna recast Luke Skywalker?[face_talk_hand]

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    No. We don't always bother pointing it out every time someone posts twice in a row, but everyone should be using the Edit function to add to their posts. Multiple posts in a row is considered spamming.

Darth_Panicius and Mystery Roach like this.
  8. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Doesn't really count unless Frank_TJ_Mackey, or his mom, has seen them.

Unless, of course, we're talking about Terrance Stamp.

T-R- likes this.
  9. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Sorry, just saw this after making my rebuttals. You're right, it was an asinine debate and did not belong here. Just let some posters...interesting views get under my skin. I apologize.

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Agreed. The only thing people seemed to want to talk about was his looks. Very disappointing. On a related note, I recently watched all of Breaking Bad, and I found Jesse Plemons to be adequate but nothing special. Not enough to get me excited about his possible casting. [face_dunno]

Darth_Panicius, Darth Claire and T-R- like this.
  11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Watch Battleship, that won't change.

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    One more reminder while I'm at it: there is only one thread for discussion of The Clone Wars or Rebels in this forum, and this isn't it. Please use the dedicated thread for that, and please note that discussion there needs to be in relation to E7 and the ST, and it should not contain spoilers for the new TCW bonus content.

Darth_Panicius likes this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I did, it didn't.

T-R- likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    EHT, I don't think you get it

[​IMG]

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    One should. ;)

16. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    This is bad! Do Lucasfilm have NOBODY reading Star Wars fansites?
    Basically everybody are complaining about their silent treatment/lack of Announcements now, don't they see they are killing us?

I myself am always going to LOVE Star Wars, but there are likely average fans out there who are probably going to LOSE interest of Star Wars significantly if Lucasfilm keeps being non-communicative on the status of Episode 7.

I don't see how a little Episode 7 info here and there is going to ruin the entire movie, that I just can NEVER understand at all! Their mystery box, I am sorry I have to say I feel is... RETARDED!!! :rolleyes:

17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Average fans are not checking for news every day. There are a LOT of people who consider themselves to be big fans who also do not scour the nets for news every day. We freakshows who hang on every word and rumor are a very small minority of Star Wars fans.

18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    18 months.....the magic number seems to be 18 months (year and a half) before huge movies come out that they start announcing cast information. A few earlier-hardly any later-but 18 months seems to be average.

Just keep reminding ourselves-Bond 24 and MI5 are in MUCH worse shape than Ep7 in terms of info.

Ok maybe not Bond24 as they've given out some tidbits in the past couple of days. But MI5? I actually highly doubt that's going to be released a week after SW anyway.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Is it that time of day already... time to freak out? Okay... [face_waiting]:mad:[face_hypnotized]8-}[face_beatup]

20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Wooooooow.... Mark's looking pretty good. Scarily enough, he's probably looking better than me, and I'm only in my 30s! (Time for a diet, I guess.)

21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
  22. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I haven't watched him in Battleship, nor Breaking Bad, but he had some phenomenal moments in Friday Night Lights.

23. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

[​IMG]

T-R- likes this.
  24. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    If he is not kidding, then he is a very good troll with as consistent as he is.

T-R- likes this.
  25. SnaggletoothPaste

SnaggletoothPaste Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    I don't think he's kidding...he was the same person who threw a fit at the prospect of a mixed-race daughter for Obi-Wan..

T-R- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.