main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't disagree with you at all. My only problem with that theory is that i don't see how DO could be involved with Rebels as a Calrissien and then also be in E7. Like I said, IF he were to play (voice) Lando to bridge the gap then why not use Billy Dee? Anyway, I'm a Lando fan -- he is Han's friend after all -- and I want to see his family fleshed out more.

Pro Scoundrel and Dra--- like this.
  2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I just double checked, this is false (or further back than I checked). The comments about her tweets occurred after jedinews posted their rumor. The rumor came out on page 58 and neither page 56 nor 57 mentioned anything about her tweets.

Also the source jedi whatever also posted something about pinewood studios will be cleared out in November prior to early 2014 shooting (or something like that). Which is a pretty different rumor for someone hanging out on the casting thread. So as such I see no coincidence with the timing of the post, doesn't mean the source is trust worthy though. I'd hate if it was someone from here messing with us, cause they got my hopes up about Ksenia Solo, lol. I personally suspected for a while that the source was her agent but with two very different rumors from this source I don't know what to think now about the source (but I'm bored atm and will accept the Ksenia Solo rumors for now, till I have something better/official to cling to)

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    What is Jedinews' historical reliability on rumors btw? Are they a front for Supershadow's propaganda? lol :p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Oh, well, I was originally thinking DO might be playing a relative of Lando, father or grandfather. Then maybe playing his own grandson or whatever in the ST. But certainly it could be some sort of alien or maybe even a Sith thing. That's fine with me too. I was envisioning a son or daughter that have turned out much differently from ESB Lando. Maybe the intellectual or military figure the casting sheet describes. Or maybe Lando is the anti-scoundrel now, and his child is like he was.

As for Billy Dee, maybe the Rebel producers think he's too old for the Rebel character. Just a guess, but the character could be much younger.

Also, one more argument against the idea that Lando is a fringe character in anyway: he's had his own set of novels, I believe. Publishing companies probably wouldn't invest money in a series of books, or even a book, if they thought there was no market for the character. But a more personal experience of mine was when we first saw Lando at the beginning of ROTJ, in Jabba's palace, and the audience around me erupted into cheers. Fringe characters don't get that kind of reaction: beloved characters do.

Maybe this is a generation thing? Maybe the PT gen simply isn't down with Lando the way my OT gen was. Anyway, for the final time, in this thread at least, I'll say that not including Lando and his offspring in the ST would be a huge disappointment to me. And a missed opportunity, as well.

5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    No idea about jedinews reliability, didn't hang here during the PT... got most of my spoilers in print form back then.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    There was too much Lando speculation here during PT production. The name "Grando" was nearly mandatory once per post.

You like Lando so much... read it and weep. :p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I want the real Lando. Not a bland imitation. ;)

Edit: A clone Lando is like drinking Colt 45 Lite. Unthinkable.

8. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    OK, thanks - I wasn't sure on the timing of the Ksenia Solo thing and didn't check.

I think Jedinews are as reliable as anyone else scooping out there - they will have some hits and some misses. They were wrong on Foodles and the August filming for example, but that's not to say that they aren't right in this instance and won't be on others. They clearly have a source with links to Pinewood, but how much in-depth insider knowledge that source has is difficult to say.

Pinewood is literally crawling with people from admin & support staff to the cast, crews and extras of the various productions shooting (or setting up) there so there are plenty of people who will hear stuff all the time. I've heard myself that filming starts Feb.

Dra--- and Ryus like this.
  9. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    A good way of knowing who's reliable is to simply watch and pay attention to what the folks say over the next year and see who's right.

Judging for yourself is preferable to listening to all the rumors about rumor sites.

FinleySlade likes this.
  10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Yoda tried to teach me patience too... but I'm on the spoiler thread anyways. :p

Trebor Sabreon and Dra--- like this.
  11. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I know. What I mean though is that no one in this thread is behind the scenes with the rumor folks (although they sure act like it). So how could they know? The only way to know is to wait and see.

Ryus likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The best way to see who has offered legitimate news is to wait for the official site to confirm it... approximately 12-16 days into the film's theatrical run.

13. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    JJ's mystery box never opens. :(

Not even after the movie goes to DVD.

Echo-07 likes this.
  14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    They just searched their feelings and then posted what they knew to be true... but the blasted future just remained constantly in motion making them incorrect a few posts later. 8-}

Dra--- likes this.
  15. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Exactly.

Thanks for the perfect SW phrasing of the issue.

16. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    They reported a few days ago " Hearing that Pinewood will be handed to Lucasfilm in November. Looking at late Feb, early March shoot. Disney already have control of all stages but there's currently no sign of Star Wars set design / build. There was one large medieval type set. It looked odd for the film being made, but not like Star Wars as we know it. Security was mild so unlikely to be Star Wars there yet"

From what I understand, sets are being built or already have been built........The Falcon pics are supposed to be very real.

newdawn12 and FinleySlade like this.
  17. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I think that set would be for Cinderella, but I'm not 100% sure on this. While I would not be the least surprised that sets are being built I haven't heard anything on that front. The last I heard was shooting starts in Feb.

18. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    From what I understand....El Mayimbe and Latino Review are very careful about the Falcon pics....they know that they will be judged by this.

We are not talking about Casting meetings...but real pics...

I remember very well the first pics of Jinn against Maul in Tunisia......I was the one who translated the french Premiere magazine article linked to those pics for TFN....

When pics like that shows up online...things starts to get very real......and that's when I leave the boat....I'm a non-spoiler kind of guy....casting will be my final frontier on this Forum.

19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Well, if the Jedinews report is correct and Pinewood isn't being handed over until November, where is this Falcon set built that pictures exist of?

I'm seriously doubting that these Falcon pictures exist, personally.

Taalon likes this.
  20. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    I think some sketchy pictures of the Falcon are circulating online....are they real ?

That's the $1 million question.

I also think that El Mayimbe and Latino Review have some sources in England as well, so who knows.

In that case, I prefer El Mayimbe to Jedi Master SQL.

21. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    I know what this movie will be called "Star Wars-The Next Generation" ;)
    Or perhaps "A New Generation"

After all it seems there will be a new family members from all the founding rebel alliance families.
    I am so looking forward to see Cheewie's kids and Jar Jar kids meet :p

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well hopefully it's not like the first two seasons of TNG. *shudder*

23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The problem with having all kids of the originals is that it's not realistic and becomes hokey and repetitive.

We all know that the heroes from WWII were the offspring of the heroes of WWI, right? Not...

Still, I am just happy about the prospect of having info given out now-time to start putting actual faces with the project.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    If the heroes that delieverd the critical blows in WWI were friends and were the only ones alive that had an unnatural power, I would bet that their offspring would have played a role in coming conflicts...

25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That sounds as a pretty decent premise for a movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.