main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    One of my favorite actors ever. And a great Ming.

2. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I meant in terms of possible casting/ep7 news. ;)

Jedishine likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Don't worry about it?

4. Jedishine

Jedishine Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2013
    Yes. I'm very aware that the official reason for their attendance to the show is both promoting their respective films --BC's The Fifth Estate and HF's Enders Game--, and both movies premiering in the UK that very same day of the show Oct-11.
    And clearly, RIGHT NOW, the production team of the show CANNOT say anything different to the officIal reason for their guests attendances. Neither of them have still been announced Officially as cast in Star Wars...
    BUT, both, Benedict and Harrison there, the same day... with the current state of madly expectations for imminent anouncements on the Star Wars casting --and the incesant rumours regarding Benedict--... I think, speaks a lot (!!).

There is a short promo ad of the show a couple of days before the airing, so around Wednesday-9 (?).
    I bet we'll be seeing the Star Wars question appearing in the promo.
    And I guess, before the program and its promo air, there will be some other news. At least something like an announcement of the date in which an Official Casting Disclosure will take place.

OT: I hope Cumberbatch can attend the premiere of The Fifth Estate in London.... despite his busy schedule filming The Imitation Game.
    _____
    PS: Sure. No doubt he will attend the premiere.

5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    That or the mystery box side of the force clouds your vision ;):p

Jedishine likes this.
  6. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    But, c'mon. Is it at all likely that such announcements would be made at such a venue with these two actors only?!? The randomness of place, time, and personalities surely mitigates highly against. Der Maus will surely intro the Big Three together if nothing else! (And they did warn no big news this year.) So I just don't see this. If I'm wrong, though, i'll eat my hat!

P.S. My hat is chocolate :p

Ryus likes this.
  7. Jedishine

Jedishine Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2013
    Oh, no!. I'm not saying the official announcement of BC/HA casting will take place at the Graham Norton Show.
    What I'm saying is: It's more than significant that THEY BOTH are guests --at this point-- in the show.
    So:
    1.-- There will be more news preceding the show, or
    2.-- Star Wars people are stirring the last wave of Expectations... just before official announcements are made (shortly after the show airs).

Well, we'll see :)
    _____
    PS: Hope you're not on a diet :p

8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Wow, did this thread hit a wall. [face_laugh]

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I honestly doubt that there is any connection. I really seems to be grasping at straws to say that a Star Wars casting announcement is coming because Harrison Ford and Benedict Cumberbatch are appearing on a talk show together. I'm sure there will be the imminent mention of the rumors going around, but nothing beyond that. I certainly don't view it as a precursor to an announcement.

10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Or maybe the producers of the show are just smart and know that people will draw a connection between the two, which is the reason they arranged them to appear on the same day. Might not have a big effect, but even the smallest detail can help improve ratings. Or even more likely, it's just a coincidence.

I don't see how you could really see this as sign for anything. The show invited the two actors, they certainly weren't send there by LucasFilm. If I had a famous tv-show and invited Robert Downey Jr., Daniel Day-Lewis, Barack Obama and JJ Abrams on the same day, it wouldn't mean they would all work on the new SW movie, it would mean I invited them on the same day. In other words, the two appearing on the show on the same day happens because the show-runners asked them to, not because there is a deeper meaning behind it. Otherwise the producers of the show would need to have inside knowledge from LucasFilm.

HanJones, Darth Chiznuk and Ryus like this.
  11. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    If we keep that attitude, then it's more likely that there will be an announcement there. Since every time we assume that an announcement will be made, it never falls through. :p

Jedishine and HanSolo29 like this.
  12. Jedishine

Jedishine Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2013
    Definitely...
    [​IMG]

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't know about Harrison or Cumberbatch but my casting announcement is coming tomorrow. I'm so excited to say I'll be playing the important role of Moisture Vaporator #1.

[​IMG]

14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Excellent! Well deserved, man! From getting to know you this past year I can honestly say that I think you are perfect for the role and will nail it! :p

15. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I dunno, you look a bit wooden there to me.

16. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    i was just cast as leias space tampon

17. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    All I'm saying is that it's the BBC that are putting these two actors on the same bill, and not Lucasfilm/Disney, and their scheduling has nothing to do with Star Wars... although Star Wars will undoubtedly come up.

18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

You don't have to announce that tomorrow. You've got work to do. If we don't get those condensers on the south ridge fixed, there'll be hell to pay. You can waste time with your friends when your chores are done.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Dammit... and I was going into Tosche Station to make the announcement too. :(

20. Buddha Fett

Dec 18, 1999
    Nobody here is impressed, man. We all know you only got the role because you speak Bocce. Many Bothans died auditioning for that role. :_|

21. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I've been cast as GNK Power Droid #1 assigned to repower Moisture Vaporator #2... think we'll be in the same shot? Look for me, if I see you first I'll start moving with my left foot first.

[​IMG]

22. CaptainMorgan2013

CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I hope you didn't kill anyone I know for it. [face_worried]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I haven't read the script yet but I'm pretty certain that Episode VII revolves around the rivalry of Moisture Vaporator #1 and #2... so we may both have a part in the climatic duel. ;)

Echo-07 and Ryus like this.
  24. Buddha Fett

Dec 18, 1999
    With all these sudden revelations of casting, I can now feel comfortable admitting I recently read for the role of J.J. Abrams Mystery Box. Unfortunately, I can't discuss it. You'll just have to wait.
    Actually, I don't know anything about it either... [face_worried]

25. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Do you know, I'm more and more convinced that there is a glaring typo in the title of this thread.

Instead of "Casting Rumors", mayhap it should read "Casting Humor". 'Cause, really, up till now we haven't got anything serious to discuss.

Lauré :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.