main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Casting the S/W TV show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by mikadojedi, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Here is a great thought. I hope, dreamer that I am, it becomes a reality. What if Lucasfilm used fanfilm actors for the coming TV series? I am talking LEAD and SUPPORTING ROLES. Not some walk-on stuff here. I have seen some fanfilms. And have been, overall, immpressed by the performances. Especially acting, pretty much, in front of NOTHING . And that takes skill. And we, that is ALL fanfilm cast and crews alike, can do it. After all who is it that does Toy Store and premier appearances? So we can act. Personally I think it would be good Karma. Owing to the fact that alot of us Fanfilm folks, myself included, want to make movies, or act, because of Star Wars. And it would truly mean...."The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the Master." In that Lucas was kind of our teacher. And now we have mastered, or are mastering, the skills of film making. And I think that Skywaker ranch, and Casting Director Christine King, are going to get a whole lot of Fanfilm DVD's. The series, according to TFN.NET, starts filming in Australia around 2007. And as a certain farmboy told an ageing Jedi..."There's nothing for me here." And face it, unless you truly LOVE what you are doing, in any form(job, family, or other), now. What path would you take? I for one intend to make my dream a reality.

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005

No I'd like it if real actors did it which I'm guessing they probably will.

3. mikadojedi

Sep 25, 2003
    I am a real actor, thank you. :) I have appeared on stage in New York City in plays.

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Then if you want a role you should audition when they are casting, good luck to you if you audition.

5. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    I don't see why you and others couldn't go to auditions. Who knows, maybe you or someone else will end up with a role, even if its just a small one.

I would have to guess that most of the stars and supporting characters will be actors and actresses that Lucas and others have thought about, or possibly actors and actresses from the movies that are either brought in to play their characters again, or to play different characters if playing the original character wasn't possible or practical.

6. mikadojedi

Sep 25, 2003
    I am going to audition. Sending a DVD of your S/W fanfilm, or other performance, is one method to use. It's the same as sending in a tape of voice-overs.

7. TheAlternateReality

TheAlternateReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    Ha! If he hires actors from a fanfilm, he will have the perfect acting quality he always searches for and produces!

8. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Well good luck Mikado by the way what part would you want?

9. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well I'm guessing he would like to be a Bounty Hunter since the Show is going to apparantly revolve around bounty hunters. Good luck Mikado.

10. mikadojedi

Sep 25, 2003
    A young Dengar. That could be fun.

11. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    That would be cool.

12. Lakisha

Lakisha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Lucas or McCallum said in an interview a few months back that they are going to be hiring Australian actors for the roles. By this I am assuming they are going to be hiring real actors from the local film and television industry, and not a bunch of unknown Australian wannabes stars. More than likely, I'd expect to see some familiar faces from the major night-time programs such as McLeod's Daughters, Neighbours, Home and Away, Blue Heelers and All Saints, as well as others from retired programs such as White Collar Blue and Water Rats. Actors who have appeared in local miniseries and made-for-TV movies such as Singrit Thorton and former LOTR actress Miranda Otto are also possibilities. Also, anyone who starred in the television show Beastmaster are more than likely to get a role, since that was the show that helped get Leeanna Walsman and Bruce Spence a role in Star Wars.

If you are living in Australia and have never acted before, or at least appear in one of those day-time and weekend kids programs like Holly's Heroes, the best I'd expect you to get would be a background role or cameo. Ever since Star Wars went down under for the production for AOTC, it has made stars out of local actors such as Rose Byrne and the man behind Captian Typho (I can't spell his last name, but it's Jay L....). It also was the start of Jack Thompson's crusade against video games.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Farscape's Matthew Newton who is Austrailian has been rumored to star in it as a character who is unknown at this time and of course Daniel Logan will probably play Boba Fett. I guess we may see actors who have been in other Austrailian shows.

14. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    A lot of the extras who played Jedi and other characters in AOTC are, or where locals in Australia. Even if characters, especially Jedi, have been killed off or said to have been killed, could Lucas bring some of the actors and actresses back to play other characters?

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Real actors"? What's your definition of a "real actor"? Mine would be something along these lines: someone who acts.
    The actors in fan films act - hence they are "real actors". Many are professional actors as well.
    Out of curiosity - how old are you Revan?

16. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    No I meant those who have more experience and do it for their living but if a Fan Film actor is good enough and is chosen for a part then I'm fine with that.

17. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I don't want to see bad acting obviously so im thinking as long as they are believable i will be fine with it.

18. Lakisha

May 9, 2005
    I heard on a wrestling message board a while back that Australian actor Charlie Clausen was going to be one of the leads, with Temuera Morrison and Amy Allen reprising their roles as Aayla Secura and the Clone Troopers.

Does anyone have a pic of Amy Allen out of make-up, and what about one of Charlie Clausen???

19. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't think that is going to happen. I think we'll see and hear Temuera Morrison's voice as a Storm Trooper. Aayla Secura is dead so she could only appear as a force ghost or in a flashback scene. But besides according to IGN it is going to appearantly revolve around Imperial Bounty Hunters. Daniel Logan will probably reprise his role as Boba Fett. IGN also reported that Farscape's Matt Newton who is austrailian may be cast as a character who is unknown at this time. I don't know about Charlie Clausen.

20. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    Don't see why Morrison couldn't be brought in. If Amy Allen is brought in as a cast member, unless they do a flashback or forceghost of Aayla, or unless we learn something else about her in any upcoming comics or novels tells us something different about Aayla's fait, she would likely have to play a different character. Of course using one actor to play multiple characters isn't uncommon.

One thing that could be noted about a return of Aayla. Her master, Quinlan Vos was thought killed off in the ROTS graphic novel, but has been revealed to be alive in a comic following up the events on Kashyyyk after Order 66.

21. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't think we are going to see Quinlan Vos and yes Morrison will probably be brought back to voice the Storm Troopers.

22. TheAlternateReality

TheAlternateReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    It is nearly a given that Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker will be there.

23. Lakisha

May 9, 2005
    Well I made a thread on Charlie Clausen on whether he already appeared in the last two films as an extra, seeing how a lot of Aussies were extras, but it turns out he wasn't. Though with Blue Heelers possibly getting the axe at the end of the year and not moving onto Season 14 next year, I think there may be some truth to a lead role. Does anyone know what else Charlie has done in film and television??? He is quite the looker.

I think AURRA SING will be back. She was supposedly going to make an appearance in Episodes 2 and 3, but never made it. Some say she was going to be involved in the Jedi Purge, others say she was replaced by Zam Wessell and Asajj Ventress. If Aayla is still alive like Amy Allen said in an interview, I think we may see round 2 of Aurra vs. Aayla for the first time on screen. Mabey Asajj might make a comeback too???

24. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    If you are refering to the interview which can be found on this website, I believe it has been declared a fake, or just doesn't have anything significant to back it up.

25. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think Amy Allen has later said that her character is indeed dead and on her databank entry at the Official Site starwars.com it says she's dead. Well I don't think we are going to see R2D2 or C-3P0 because the TV Series is appearantly going to focus on Imperial Bounty Hunters but if it focused on the Rebellion we probably would have seen them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.