main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Castle] Storming the Castle-drabbles, ficlets, and other stuff.(Non UDC) Updated 9/9/11!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    awww... these are really cute brodie! You are honestly making me excited for the coming season!

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    These just keep getting better and better. =D=

Savage: o_O You'd have to have a black sense of humor in that line of work.

Secret: A great character piece. =D=

Scintilating: Bwaha!!! [face_laugh] I love Castle being such a . . . guy, here, and Beckett just letting him squirm. :p This: "What I meant to say is I'm sorry. I would never-I know it looks bad. Good God does it look bad. Given that we are now us and how this makes-" Oh yes, was priceless. :p

Sexy: [face_laugh]!! Sweet and sexy and fun. :D You handle that extra layer to their relationship perfectly. :D

Sacred: "I just had sex and made love with the most beautiful woman on Earth. I should be shouting it from the rooftops, updating my Facebook page, and tweeting my peeps." [face_laugh] There was just an endearingly fun level to these, brodie, and I enjoyed every sylabble of it!

[:D]

~MJ @};-

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    These are hilarious and lovely!! Will you please write Season 4? :p

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Author note: Thank you Master_Jaina1011, Mira_Jade, and NyCitygurl for reading and reviewing the last chapter. I had fun with it and feel that Castle muse is back in full force. I guess that means the Doctor is in the back seat at the moment.

I have only three this week, but hopefull their added length will take up the slack.

And, Mira, be expecting a few next time from the P&P Castleverse! Does Darcy!Castle ring a bell? [face_mischief]

Tenacious

When Castle finally decided to learn to shoot, he could think of no one better than his partner to teach him. When he approached her, he expected a certain amount of ribbing; a little fun at his expense. He was surprised when her response to his initiative was a curt 'Good' and 'Of course' when it came to her involvement.

Their first time at the range was a qualified disaster. Though Castle wanted to learn, he was uncomfortable holding a gun. Beckett reassured him, explaining that part of firearm training was becoming used the feel of the weapon in his hands. His first shots were wild, accentuated by a similarly wild look in his eyes.

Castle's resolve was bolstered and his blood pressure quickened by Beckett's hand supporting his elbow and her breath in his ear as she gave him continuing instruction. The situation was rife with potential innuendo, but he chose to remain silent as such comment could be used against him in the court of Beckett's opinion.

It took Castle three weeks and twenty hours of training to feel confident, have good control, and start hitting the target with some semblance of accuracy.

Tired

It had been a long night and, though the wound had mostly healed, it itched and pulsed and ached. Throwing off the covers, Kate Beckett stepped into a pair of fuzzy slippers her host had provided and pulled on the robe which hung over a chair in the corner of room. Exiting the bedroom, she shuffled down the stairs.

She entered the kitchen and took a survey of the main floor. No Castle in sight or sound. This could mean only one of two things: bathroom or office. Moving the general direction of his office, she noticed the bathroom door was open and it was dark inside. She quickened her pace toward his office door.

She knocked softly to no response. She knocked more loudly to silence. Opening the door, she saw the author face down on his keyboard , breathing steadily. Never one to pass up the opportunity to read fresh Richard Castle, she stealthily padded behind his chair and read over his shoulder.

Rook had been watching Nikki's apartment for three nights running. The threat of another attempt on her life was high and he'd be damned if he wouldn't be her first line of defense. He took another pull of, now cold, coffee and watched the darkened window. It took no time at all for his eyelids to droop. He yawned repeatedly, stretched, and shook his head vigorously more times than he could remember. Suddenly and involuntarily, his head fell

Beckett looked and Castle, cheek pressed to his keyboard, and marveled at the power of suggestion.

Turbulent

"No one is questioning your dedication, Mr. Castle," said Captain Victoria Gates. "much less your contribution. That is not what this is about. You are a civilian. Plain and simple. You have not been properly trained and, by extension, have no place on the police force. The fact that you have avoided major injury to this point is miraculous."

Castle's face grew dark. "I am not a child, Captain Gates. I'd prefer if you not talk to me like one. Precautions have been implemented to keep me out of the line of fire. They have worked so far. I'm not here looking for trouble."

"And, how has that worked for you, Mr. Castle? It seems to me you've found quite a bit of trouble."

"It seems to me that we've solved a lot of murders."

Gates didn't answer immediately, but frowned, considering her next words.

"If this were a mere ride along, or something of the sort, I might have a more relaxed position. But this 'shadowing' has gon

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Tired was hilarious!!

Why do I have a feeling you're writing Gates perfectly? (Which is excxellent writing on your part but means unfortunate things for Castle and Beckett . . .)

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh , the perks of reading two sets at once!

Fun, fun! At least with the two of them, it was just a year! :p In SW-land, that's like an eye blink [face_laugh]

I love flirty Kate - she's absolutely delightful!

And what is the good Captain gonna do if Rick marries Kate? LOL She really won't be able to get rid of him then.

;)

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Another great set. :D

Tenacious: This one was rift with characterization gems. =D= It was fitting - but not initially expected from my end - to have Kate so easily agreeing to help him. I expected banter, but the easy professionalism - the seriousness was perfectly played. I especially liked Castle refraining; it shows how different she is to him. [face_love]

Tired: [face_laugh] A great snippet of writing here! I loved how fiction mirrored real life. ;)

Turbulent: *sticks tongue out* And that is my very mature and sophisticated opinion on Miss Gates. :p

Well done, all around! =D=

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.