main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Castleton Toys R Us to open at Midnight, 4/23

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Shara, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I just got off the phone with the store manager at the Toys R Us at Castleton. By some mircale of the Force, the District Manager has been convinced and is allowing the Castleton store only to open at midnight.

So everyone, plan to be up at midnight on April 22-23. Come in costume as many as you can. TRU has a photographer for people to take pictures with us in chracter. Sony Music will provide a soundtrack background...AotC soundtrack that is. We're trying to get TV and Radio stations to come out, so if any of you have the ability to convince anyone...do it! :)

What I need from you? Well just be up for it, and those of you who will be there in costume, please email me at admincari@indyknights.com and tell me so. I'm going to have a meeting with him on Monday and I need as comprehensive of a list as possible. Please tell me what you will be in costume as.

Heck, I'm just glad I don't have to go to Walmart ;)

2. OriginalBryGuy

OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    I was hoping they'd open the doors again.

When we lined up for Episode I, the line extended out past the Golf Shop. Pretty amazing stuff. Everyone kind of tore into the store grabbing figures in bins. It was kinda crazy but there was more then enough for everyone.

My advice...walk...don't run. hahahaha, and bring lots of money! What we really need is someone who will bring lots of cardboard boxes so we can carry all the figures we buy. Episode I midnighters used the actual packing boxes to carry all their figures.

Ah, those fancy free days when .00 meant something!

I won't be in a costume, but believe me...I'll be there.

3. Uncle_O-Jay

Uncle_O-Jay Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    General count me in.....

4. Uncle_O-Jay

Uncle_O-Jay Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    I dont know if I will be in costume because I dont think I can have it done by then but I will be in the IK shirt if not in the costume....

5. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    I hope this works out!
    We better be the first in the store to get our stuff.

6. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    This is incredible. All out Star Wars dreams seem to be coming true. (Naboo Queen wipes her eyes in emotion)

7. leedega

leedega Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    I called up my friend in promotions at ZPL to let them know about this gala event. She is going to check their schedule tomorrow and let me know if they can do anything. Either way, you can absolutely count on me being there. I had so much fun at midnight madness before TPM. I had just flown in from Denver (Celebration I) and drove to TRU in Greenwood. I was pumped for weeks!!!

8. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Well ZPL should know about it because Tom contacted Tami who I think is in charge of that stuff. Can you email me or PM me and tell me who your friend is? Thanks.

9. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    i'll do what i can to be there!

10. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Yipee!

I'm not sure that I would be in costume... I dont think Leia or Amidala would look very nice punk-punching some little kid for some figs... ;)

(I'm just teasin.. i would no even thing about hitting a little kid, you know.... trip, maybe... but hit, never)

11. djtom

djtom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    Well I dont have a costume...but you know I will be there in My Indy Knights T-shirt!

Should I bring one of those rubbermaid plastic storage bins with me to keep everything in?

hehehe...

And Cari, I too will put a bug in ZPLs ear about that night.

12. leedega

Sep 26, 2001
    Tom, you are only going to bring one storage container??? I was going to bring my truck and enclosed trailer. :)

13. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks Tom and Brian for your help with WZPL. :)

14. TK1428

TK1428 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Kokomo, Shmokomo!!! Let's Party! If the guys can help me remold my Calvs/shins, I'll be there in armor bustin heads of any fanboys that cuts in line. "Back in Line! (click)" (THWAK!) "Don't make me blast you, scum. (click)"

TROOPS: ON LOCATION

15. OriginalBryGuy

Apr 9, 2002
    No need to get crazy. There will be more then enough for everyone. I guarantee it.

16. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Tonight after dinner, i was thinking (scarry, i know) about some of the conversation about the toy-run... the photographer and the posing of pictures... Am I to understand that you actually told this guy at TRU that we would all be there in costume before finding out if anyone was going to dress up for it?

Maybe I'm just confused... again....

17. TK1428

TK1428 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Like we'd miss a chance to put on our costumes and go out in public so the guy with the mohawk, nose ring, and pierced nipples can point at us and yell, "Look at the Freeks!" Some of us are always looking for a chance to "Suit Up" in the name of Star Wars. I'm a Stormtrooper. We're genitically engineered to go running blindly into a battle, tripping over our fallen numbers, shooting randomly and hoping to hit something the size of a barn. ....But that's not important right now. I think I was trying to say, I'm always up for some fun.

18. Princessewok

Princessewok Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    NEWS FLASH!! Scott and I just got back from his Wal-Mart here in Kokomo a little bit a go. He was walking around the store, and told me to come back to toys quick. When we got back there we noticed several boxes marked: DO NOT OPEN UNTIL APRIL 23! Of course the excitement and curiosity killed us both. Well, as we are walking around we find a sales associate, they opened up two boxes for us...One being the Anakin blue Light Saber and the other...being the new SW2 figs. They are supposed to stock the shelves by the 8am Friday, but we are both thinking that somebody is gonna get canned for opening the boxes, and then the register lady will also probably lose her job as they weren't techincally supposed to sell those to us. Just wanted to say what we found! Good luck, and you can probably count me in on the outing for 4/22-23.

19. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    No, Karen, I didn't tell him that. I told him that there would be some people in costume or available for wearing their costumes (people had already made it clear to me that they'd be willing to do it). I told him I was going to discuss it with the people in costume to make sure it was alright with them. If there are people in costume at this thing, customers will want to get their picture taken with us. That was evident from night out.

I was planning on talking to those present at AotS this weekend. I have a few other things I have to go over with the manager that I wanted to talk to a few other people with this weekend.

Anyways, I know some people have already said they were going to be there that night. Everyone who is planning on going to the midnight madness, please let post in this thread. Along with that, please post if you'll be there/can be there in costume and if you're willing to have your picture taken by the photographer.

20. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Oh, I'm so there, these people were great last time. Someone will have to give me a shortcut cut since I can't get on to 465.

But Why Monday Night/ Tuesday morning????????????

The Logic or corprate American, the world may never know

21. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    I'll be there for sure, but its a school night for the kids so I'm not sure how long I can stay. Depends on Todd's work schedule and/or if my mom can come over and baby-sit at midnight. ;)
    I'll dress up but I REFUSE to be the only one in costume!! Can one of the other Jedi Chicks do it, too...? PLEEEEEASE? :_|
    I still can't get over the utter lack of logic in releasing this stuff on a weekday. It's a true test of fandom. :D

22. OriginalBryGuy

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm trying to talk my friend into bringing his digital camcorder. He's kinda skeptical of the whole "star wars hype wagon" after Episode I, and he isn't in it for the toys.

He's curious about the mayem and lining up tho so that could be fun. That would make 2 "Brian's" and 1 "Bryan" in our little group. haha.

23. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    There's more than that...have to ask the Queen for your number designation...probably upwards of 6 by now.

24. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    hmmmm....interesting....I'll see what I can do about maybe getting the Cincinnati Fanforce to roadtrip up that way, seeing a how we don't have ANY TRU's opening...might be a long shot...but it could be fun....

25. leedega

Sep 26, 2001
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. COUNT ME IN!!!! :)

Brian #3 or #4 (not for sure)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.