Castleton Toys R Us to open at Midnight, 4/23

Discussion in 'Indianapolis, IN' started by Shara, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    Coding to the Brian/Bryan numbering system:

Brian #1 = DelbaFett
    Brian #2 = Sebulba-X
    Bryan #3 = master vader *snickers*
    Brian #4 = leedaga
    Bryan #5 = OriginalBryGuy

Ok am I missing anyone or do I have that out of order?
  2. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
  3. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    And of course I will be there, and I will bring my digital camcorder. I will have it at the line-up as well.
  4. YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do we know what time we will meet up at TRU? Just give me a time and I am there.
  5. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    That's one of the things I'll be discussing with the manager on Monday about. I know he wants us there a little early, but I just don't know how early.
  6. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    sounds like the Cincy road trip is a no go...that's cool though... tell me, what did it take to convince the store people to go ahead and open????

we've always got walmart anyways.
  7. toymanIN Jedi Knight

star 1
    So Shara, what is the name of the "Manager" you have been talking to at TRU? I'd like to talk to him/her personally. Remember, I used to work for the company and still have some leverage there? PM me if you don't want to give their name on the boards.
  8. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yea, I just came back from that Toys R Us today. They have a a new isle endstand of nothing but preview figures. Picked up a few Clone troopers for that diorama of 1000 I plan to make (just kidding).

Anyway, cool stuff. FYI, for the Episode I figures they had all the new figures up front to the area left just inside the door. That was long, long ago, in a star wars hype far away however. Not sure how they'll do it this time, but I am excited.
  9. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah I saw the endstand. Anyone needed clone troopers they have a bunch of them.

The meeting itself was mostly details, some media relations etc. One thing is that to any people with a costume that was hesitant about not being able to get product because you were meeting customers etc., don't be. We have that taken care of. if you want to find out more information on this, please email me.

So it is official. Actually, they started painting the windows as I was leaving. Can't get much more official than that. I hope everyone can make it. We're going to have a great time. Also, according to Brad/toymanIN, we're going to be getting a lot of visitors, including from Cincinnati and Terre Haute. Welcome everyone!

10. YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Did the TRU folks say what time we can start lining up?
  11. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I don't think he anticipated that. I'd say the earliest would be after the store closes for regular business. That way people aren't disrupting regular business. I'll double check on that though.

EDIT: I called the manager and he said people can line up as early as they want but they have to line up outside and they cannot block the entrance. If you want to wait until after the store closes, I do believe they close at 9:30 p.m. (or that's what it says on their message when you call the store.
  12. Emuboy Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    w00t. I'll be there.
  13. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Man, I just hope I have enough cash for everything! haha
  14. djtom FF Indy Knights CR Indianapolis IN US

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    So...whats the game plan for tonight??
  15. The_bald_ewok Jedi Knight

star 1
    thats what the sith council will be about tonight!! What next and how do we plan!
  16. djtom FF Indy Knights CR Indianapolis IN US

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Just FYI....

I wrote up a story about the midnight madness, that went out to all Metro Network radio station affiliates here in Indiana this morning.

(Indianapolis, IN) -- The next movie in the Star Wars Saga, "Episode 2: Attack of the Clones," doesn't open until May 16th. But the build up begins tonight at the Toy-R-Us in The Castleton area. The store will open at midnight to give fans their first chance to pick up action figures, light sabres, and other new items that will be on sale in connection with the movie.

There will also be members of the Indianapolis Star Wars Fan Club, the "Indy Knights," on hand. Some will be dressed as storm troopers, bounty hunters, and other characters associated with all five movies. They will also be promoting the Star Wars Celebration coming to Indianapolis May 3rd through the 5th.
  17. thraken76 Jedi Knight

star 2
  18. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice write up Tom. Thanks!
  19. TK-616 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Exciting times or virtual disaster, only 7 hours away.
  20. Lukes_Hand Jedi Padawan

Does anyone know if TRU will have the novelization on sale too? I'm doubting it, but wanted to check. I'm more interested in getting the novel tonight than the toys, though if I'm there I'll probably pick up a couple of those too.

I've thought about going to WalMart or somewhere else instead, but I've been unable to confirm at the 24-hour stores if they'll have all their crap out right at midnight or "sometime after." I wish I could sit around all night waiting for them to stock the shelves, but sadly that can't happen.

Thanks!
  21. Club_333 CR Indy Knights Indianapolis, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    just drove by tru a few minutes ago.. the line was at least 75 feet long at that point.

good work shara!
  22. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    You boys looked bad-arsed standing there on tv.

Sorry, but little Lucas wasn't cooperating, I was about ready to head down.

Chicks dig the armor!!!
  23. Emuboy Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Let me give a HUGE thanks to Shara and everyone else that made this possible.

What. A. Blast.

I was third in line at 7:00pm. The first ten of us there had a great time freezing our buts off and getting our geek on. :)

Thanks again. The entire experience was VERY enjoyable. I hope to start making the Indy Knights meetings soon.
  24. SynthLord Jedi Knight

star 1
    Westfield Walmart rules. They had it all stocked and ready to sell. No crowds and the employees were very cool. I found everything I was looking for. What a great night. Thanks to all who diverted the circus to Hassleton.
  25. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    I just want to say thanks to everyone who came out. It was a great time! Thraken, TK-616 looked great as usual, and thanks to Fyberdyne for coming out so late. Also, thanks to Fox 59, WISH 8 and Gary #1, and Channel 6 for coming out. Thanks also to Sony Music for providing 25 posters as giveaways and for bringing the AotC soundtrack. We did a lot of promoting C2 and the Indy Knights. I think from the response about 85% of the crowd if they weren't already going to C2 that they are now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.