main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Castlevania

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Axle-Starweilder, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  2. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I believe so, but it's been a while since I've played C:AoS, so I can't say for sure.

Yup. I thought it was alluded to in C:AoS.

3. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I was a huge fan of Castlevania 1, 2, and 3 (my favorite of which was Castlevania 2. It was my first RPG! :cool:). In fact, I think it's safe to say that the Castevania games were my favorite games on the original Nintendo. I played number 4 on the SNES but never got into it enough to ever want to buy or beat it. I haven't played another Castevania game since then. Are any of the ones that came out after 4 any good?

4. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Will it work with the new Harmony / Aria combo cartidge?

5. Sith Bane

Sith Bane Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 14, 1999
    Definetly! There's Symphony of the Night on the PS1, Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness on the PS2 and a couple of Gameboy Advance and DS titles that are really good.

I've just beaten Curse of Darkness and I'm still working on beating the Trevor mode on Dawn of Sorrow.

6. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i love the different modes they give you to play in. and yes, i'd have to say Symphony of the night is most deffinately worth it if you can find the means of picking one up. it's so choice.

so, last night i fought an iron golem in aria of sorrow. goodness gracious me, i must've fought that guy for an hour and a half straight. you can't use any attacks on him that take away any more than 1 hp at a time and the guy has 9999, which is more than any other character or boss in the entire game. and what did i get for beating him? NOTHING! well, nothing save the satisfaction of being able to move on to the next room and turn the game off for a few hours. but yeah, that went on forever. but after i figured out that i couldn't do much to him, i just sat up in the corner and kept capping him in the face with my handgun.

7. DarthVader6669

DarthVader6669 Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    naw dude...the best Castlevania is CASTLEVANIA SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT....for playstation

8. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    that's what i said.

9. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Dude, use the Killer Mantle soul.

10. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    ha! yes! i just found that out this afternoon. my goodness, i went and killed him like thirty times for a sense of self satisfaction. plus i scored his soul too. but man oh man, did i ever want vengance on that bastard.

11. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Konami just announced that it's re-releasing both Aria of Sorrow and Harmony.... in one cart for the GBA. A two for one deal.

12. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Oh, I love Castlevania. The music, the level designs, the crazy boss battles... It's an amazing game series.

I love all the 2D games (this is a series that should always be in 2D). So far, I've only managed to beat Symphony of the Night and Super Castlevania IV, though I did get the "bad" endings on Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Picked up the 2-for-1 GBA cart- playing Harmony of Dissonance right now (figured I'd play through in chronological order) and I must say the size of the castle is quite impressive. Going to take me some time to even explore the first two "sections" to their fullest.

And I know it's been a very very long time since I've played a CV game, but ya know, there was a certain simple thrill at being able to simply brandish my whip all around me in any direction, hehe.

How do the other GBA CV games stack up to these two?

On a sidenote, it's kinda funny that the flip-style manual I have has the covers reversed- the HOD cover is atop the AOS side and vice versa, hehe.

14. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    I've liked all the Castlevania games that were on the GBA, so I'd recommend all three of them plus Dawn of Sorrow for the DS.

I'm actually pretty excited for the new Castlevania game coming out for the DS: Portrait of Ruin. That is looking pretty nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.