main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter", an attempt to redeem Darksiders, 33rd update, 19th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The last part was sweet.

Well at least Morag can't bother her anymore.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet with the werewolf and his caring for her.

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for answering that quick and long, dear Misty.

Yes, the Taran that Gri came to befriend with is sweeter than the one that Sionnach knows. That is easy to explain. Gri is not family of blood. He does not blame her for his wives death in child birth as he does indirectly with Sionnach. Mostly, he is in the right frame of mind around her, because she makes him feel at ease and connects himself with his civilized Elfin nature. Okay, as civilized a ruffian and war veteran can be. They also recognize and respect the warrior in one another. Sionnach was never a warrior, but a healer.

As for Mórag, she is gone, yes. But she still has two half-brothers alive. Both have their own ideas how Force users should be and how they should act. With one of them Gri will have a duel of wills that none of them will ever forget. As we all know from spoilers in "Wolf whelp" there will be at least one forbidden kiss. But what about the nightly visits? Are they fiction of the rat pack? Is Gri really the type for that? And is Lucien indeed the womaniser that the sun system believes him to be? But no matter what romantically will go on or not, there will be a sword fight at a point. There will be blood and there will be tears. Because on top of all there is the dark side of the Force. And as the author of "The revenge of the sith" wants us to believe, the dark side is always patient.

Read on carefully, because Gri is our change to come closed to the truth about Lucien as possible. It might still be a year and 1/2 until he tells us from his own point of view in "Human nature".

Persons can be complicated. I like the bad guys most. Especially those, who have class or cannot be easily labelled.

Once I read a brilliant short story from the King Arthur circle. "Meditation In A Whitethorn Tree" by Jane Yolen. Merlin, the great magician, had ended up inside a tree and reflects his life. It has gone wrong because of three women. Igraine. Morgan. Guinevere.

When I re-wrote my entire story from German into English, I flirted with the idea of a different point of view. We all cling to it. Ben/ Obi-Wan is right. We cling to it like drowning people. Nothing else matters.

To our Grianán here it matters to save the man that she loves since she is a child. Not what occurred between them until until now. She has a vision of his true self. Is she a desperate romantic? Or wrong like so many women who before her who believed that a man can change for the better?

Please stay tuned after the move.

4. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    It seems that being in any school system around the world leaves you more vulnerable for viruses?

?I would have joined them in death, if I could have. Luçien had other plans for me.

Yeah and his plans are so corrupt that I wouldn?t have blamed her if she joined them in death.

?His hate for you clouds his judgement. He did not recognize me in the least.?

The mark of a deranged man.

What was it with Darksiders and their lack of vision? Their lack of sympathy; their lack of humanity; their lack of everything.

If only we knew?

?Pardon me for saying so, but you chose this. All of this. There could have been love. You turned your back on it.

It is very, very sad when people do that.

?Once I tortured her several times, Arcana was as obedient as a young lamb. But you, you are indifferent to all that I do to you.?

*pulls lips back in anger[/b]

Mórag was dead immediately and knocked out of the saddle.

It?s too bad she didn?t suffer.

In the fever visions that followed my rescue, I was consistently tempted by the dark side of the Force.
    ?
    I declined all.

:) And that is why she is Gri.

I do love Taran.

I swore to myself that I would get the Order off his back. No bean feasa would hunt him down for Mórag´s unfortunate death.

I would hope not! He?s really come to grow on me.

?Yes, she loved you in her own special way. So much that you are her heir now with all the duties and rights that come with it.?

*sighs heavily.

I like the blessing that she left him.

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I was just on-line for school, filling in marks that are due to the system on Thursday 12:00 am, when I glanced at the open JC tap and yes, it is you.

So I called out to my husband. "Oooooooh, pants read it, during the week after all the editing and betaing."

And he called back from the kitchen: "This is why she is superpants, is she not? I still have not read by the way and you had Chilla on the phone this weekend. May I feel guilty now?"

6. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    LOL superpants :D

That's the curse of being a teacher - too soft-hearted at times. *sigh*

Yes, can't blame Taran for the swift murder. As long as Gri was safe, that's all that mattered.

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, Gri had continuously lost blood into the snow. She was tight to a rancor by a powerful Darksider who had tortured her in the past. Taran did not think. His body simply reacted with the instinct of a wolf.

And yes, you are super, dear pants!

8. TheBride

TheBride Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    Okay, update list check:

* SWpants666
    * earlybird-Obi-Wan
    * Lady_Misty
    * Gkilkenny
    * Tyrannus230
    * DarthUncle (busy)
    * Chilla (even more busy)

See you all after the move as said above!

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    4 kilograms that is a lot in such a short time. Kids seem to bring all their sickness to school and teacher catches them.[face_sick]

My fingers cramped into the bedlinen. What was it with Darksiders and their lack of vision? Their lack of sympathy; their lack of humanity; their lack of everything

Powerful words from Grainan.[face_dancing]

She?s been through so much and now has she been saved but although Morag is gone her half brothers are still a threat.[face_worried]

One evening I woke up completely fever free. Taran threw his head back and howled with unconcealed happiness. ?Out of the dark, back to the light.?

Finally she?d well.[:D]

I took care not to remind him of Ruadhan, his only son. ?Then I will be your godchild.? A werewolf would do a better job than a real fairy godmother.

He took care of her and she will keep him safe and set him free.

Lovely update and talk to you soon after the move love Geri.[face_love]

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The move took place and I am NOT happy. What is wrong with my old posts? They look horribe and contain weird signs. *grumbles into her not existing beard* Okay, I am at work and there is not much that I can do about it. I must stand in front of my class again in about 45 minutes.

And what about THIS: As you might have already noticed from clicking on your stories, they've been cut off at a word limit. DON'T PANIC. There have been some coding issues, but they WILL be restored. Please let any of the mod team know if you have any questions.""????

Anyway, I also hope that I get back my icon that I won due to some fanart contest ages ago. *is in a very grumpy mood now*

I will take time to react on your comment soon, dear Gkilkenny. A cloud of German grammar hangs above me right now.

Anyway, I would like to thank the glorious, witty & hard working pants to have been my beta for the entire book. While the boards were moving, she did beta the entire "Cat litter" fanfic and it is by no means a short story. I would like her for her patience, support, brilliance & effort.

She did the first 4 chapters of "Human nature", the last book of my saga, but due to the upcoming wedding & her school duties plus a private life full of family, friends, books & films that needs to be cherished, she does not know if she can go on being my beta.

If she does not, I can fully understand that. Being a teacher is a job that has a weird working shedule at times. And it demands a lot.

I can also remember how busy it was when I was to marry DarthUncle.

Anyway, thanks, dear pants, for all what you have done in so far. If you fel up to edit one chapter per month of every two month I would feel honoured. If not, I would like your advice for finding a new beta.

I hope

* Misty
    * the bird
    * GKilkenny
    * DarthUncle
    * Tyrannus270

will return as my readers.

Chilla might be too busy with her study year in Asia.

Anyway, I will update tonight and hope to have some old & perhaps even new readers with me.

11. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    No grumpiness. They got the boards going but are still working on some things. If you have major issues tell a mod - including the one about your icon.

Let's not worry about HH right now as this one still has 17 more updates chapters - which means about 34 updates once or twice a week. :)
    But you're very welcome :)

Make sure I'm on the PM list too!

12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    The Boards will be fixed in no time. :)

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am really NOT happy here when I look at all my old posts that are in total chaos with all the signs wrong and half of my posts are missing because they seem to contain too much words. I have two jobs & no time to fix THAT on my own. Well, I update now what is missing and HOW MUCH the new policy lets me.

Okay, update list check:

* SWpants666
    * earlybird-Obi-Wan
    * Lady_Misty
    * Gkilkenny
    * Tyrannus230
    * DarthUncle (busy)
    * Chilla (even more busy)

And update of what is missing:

Yes, she loved you in her own special way. So much that you are her heir now with all the duties and rights that come with it.”

I began to sob hysterically. Taran held me close as I clung to him for a while.

I was the most unlikely High Inquisitor that there was. Mórag must have done this on purpose, to teach me some sort of lesson.

For the next few days, neither of us brought the will up in conversation as I thought it over. Taran broke the silence one morning. “With your godmother dead, let me take her place at your side. You need protection from yourself.”

His offer was a surprise. “Are you sure that you really want to do that, Carcra?”

“Around a certain age Elves start getting sentimental.” He clenched both hands about mine, touched as usual when I called him by his soul name. “You and Sionnach are the only family that I have left.”

I took care not to remind him of Ruadhan, his only son. “Then I will be your godchild.” A werewolf would do a better job than a real fairy godmother.

Chapter 23: Coming home

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art%20Studies/PA020109.jpg]

We waited another two sun weeks until Taran gave me clearance, and we set off together.

Travelling around in the Vallum Ventii around midwinter was always dangerous, but it was a challenge we both were prepared to take. It was like leaving the living world with all its distractions and obstacles. Time, space and fears played no role for us. We simply focused on the task ahead of us and that was reaching Dún Barr. The breathtaking beauty around us was our reward: frozen glaciers, the colour games of the sun shine on the vast surfaces and the purity of the land.

We took care of ourselves and each other.

We made enough breaks to keep our strength and ate well.

We warmed each other at night like wolf whelps in a bed nest would.

There was so much to gain from each other in the hostile climate that we moved in. Talking was no necessity, and we spared our wheezing breath. Our cooperation lay mainly in touch and eye contact.

When the Saxum Lucis drew close, I gave him the traditional travel blessing in Basic.

“May the blessing of light be on you - light without and light within.

May the blessed sunlight shine on you like a great peat fire, so that stranger and friend may come and warm themselves at it.

And may light shine out of your two eyes, like a candle set in the window of a house, bidding the wanderer come in from the storm.

And may the blessing of the rain be on you, may it beat upon your Spirit and wash it fair and clean, and leave there a pool where the blue of Heaven shine.

And may the blessing of the earth be on you, soft under your feet as you pass along the roads, soft under you as you lie out on it, tired at the end of day; and may it rest easy over you when, at last, you lie out under it. May it rest so lightly over you that your soul may be out from under it quickly; up and off and on its way to the Goddess. And now may Darach bless you, and bless you kindly.”

With a wry smile Taran shifted his shape. He had asked for my permission before he did so. I was even allowed to watch. It revealed much to me.

The myths take no account of the agonizing pain that goes hand in hand with the transformation into a werewolf. There lay open madness in the act itself, but also wild joy. Taran embraced the animal in himself.

While I carefully folded his clothing and put it into a hollow tree that he marked, the large grey wolf with its massive paws and many scars watched me good-natured. His nostrils took my scent in. He remembered our comradeship, the ties that bound us.

“Have a wonderful winter, Carcra!” I got down on my knees very slowly, reaching out for him with my palms turned upward.

The wolf passionately licked my hands and went on to my face.

“Off with you!” I laughed. “Take care until we meet again!”

There was so much that I wanted to say, but I did not. I was not his conscience. He would choose who was to live and to die. It was his stomach that made the choices in the end. It was the law of the wilderness.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes, nice to see you back with your story. Love it[face_dancing]

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Glad to have you back! :)

It's good. :)

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, you two back in my "Cat litter" thread. The new boards might be fun & joy. Just coping badly with the move still and having some kind of trauma here. So much work to do, so little time for myself. And I also burnt my apple moss tonight, making the entire house stink badly. =((

Sorry, once more that I did NOT speak to you personally on the phone tonight, but had my husband DarthUncle call you. I was also afraid that I would start crying on the phone with exhaustion & frustration. [face_plain]

And yes, Misty, it is a pleasure to see you, too. :D

The poem that I used is a Scottish prayer that I changed a bit to make it fit better into my story. [face_idea]

By the way I meant to use another picture link but it seems impossible to edit that. It is NOT fair confronting people with new rules when they still trying to understand all the changes.

[​IMG]

17. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    A werewolf would do a better job than a real fairy godmother.

hehe, especially him!

There was so much that I wanted to say, but I did not. I was not his conscience. He would choose who was to live and to die.

Ah, but sometimes our words affect others.
    Still, I love Taran

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, seeing you, my beloved beta before I went to bed makes my heart sing. Now I am already more cheerful! Yes. Taran makes a good godfather. Actually he is THE godfather!

Right now, I can not edit old threads and restore old links, but this is the latest summery of events between Grianán & Lucien:

[​IMG]

Well... somebody has been hunting Force witches so enthusiastically, that his own righteousness is drifting into fanaticism. To bring back peace & order to the galaxy, to see evil where no evil has been before, can lead straight into the arms of the dark side of the Force.

My next up-date is on Friday.

19. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Oh yay I'm glad I made you cheerful!

I don't know if you PM'd everyone or not, but I didn't get a message, and I'm not following the thread. Just making you aware of that.

*hugs*

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I still need to figure out how to do a PM list in here! Everything is so new and confusing, that I simply went trying out things instead PMing you last night. But I will from now on you receive a PM or even better e-mail. [:D]

Okay, here is another short update from "Cat litter", just to get me used posting on the boards. I think from Sunday on I will just post once a week. Real life can be pretty busy.

Here it is, update 35:

The closer I came towards the midwinter castle, the more my heart grew heavy. I would not only be reunited with my family, I would see Luçien again. My scalp prickled with dawning apprehension. A sheen of sweat gathered all over my body. As the unwelcome memories of Suaimhneas flooded me, I hugged myself tightly.

There had been a time when I had been whole. When my connection to the universe had been immaculate and uncomplicated. I had wielded the Force around me with no exertion. Devotion had been my greatest strength back then.

I had not even been afraid to mouth my opinion to Luçien, knowing too well about his reverse to inflict any kind of pain on me. Not after Polysýndeton.

Tears pricked my eyes. I tilted my head back as grief and longing laced through me.

Luçien´s irrational fear for my safety and personal development had brought us both to the darkest place imaginable. The dark side of the Force itself with all its hazards. If I was to save him. I had to believe again. I had to somehow reclaim what I had lost with the temple raid; my faith in him and the healing power of love.

In order to cool my thoughts I took off my winter boots. I needed to feel the snow between my toes. Immediately it distracted me from the constant pain I had felt since the tattoo session.

When I reached the mighty draw bridge, I found it wide open.

The rancors and huntsmen alike shifted in anticipation at the thought of a winter hunt. Familiar thoughts washed over me.

I drew my grey felt coat closer around myself, calling on the Force to mask my presence. It was egoistic of me, but I needed some moments for myself.

Steadily I walked on, taking great care not to leave footprints in the snow. I glided inches above the ground.

I took the entire scene in.

My siblings Caelestris, Iocus, Blandita, Rubio and Calathus were there, fighting for the best mounts in humorous ways.

Shesha guards, that I knew and others that I did not, were on duty.

Father, looking older that I remembered him to be, would not join the actual hunt, but was out here to give his blessings. Soon he would retreat into the library.

Two Force knights of Éleos eyed the rancors with great concern and suspicion. Light Side crashed against Dark Side.

Prancing horses wanted to run wild and free through the snow.

My brother-in-law Draň, who had never been introduced to me officially, checked the weapons of his choice. He was the type of man who went for a slow and painful kill. It made me nervous, even though he was no Darksider with a shrewd logic. Just a bad person, hiding under a layer of sparkling charme and good looks.

Three loyal household servants, who all were faces from my childhood, served hot beverages.

And of course, there was Luçien, my destiny. He was in his desert robes, including that long, thick travel cloak of his. His sight made my heart beat faster in excitement.

Lisiére hovered around her twin dutifully. A tiny spot of light, almost invisible against his darkness.

But it was Isabeau who noticed me first, when I let go of my concealment. She could have tracked me down in a crowd of thousand people.

“Bonjour!” I spoke quietly, but her excellent hearing caught my words despite all the noise.

Isabeau's emotions were strong, and were sent to me in waves of delight. I had missed her very much. ”Ma petite!” she called out.

I let her take down my hood for I was done hiding.

The shock of recognition went deep into Luçien´s bones. I held his anxious, burning gaze for a moment, but then my attention was drawn to something else.

“What happened to your hair?” Isabeau was outrageous with grief. “And what has happened to your eyebrows? Why are they shaven off as well?”

I had to ease her distress. “It is only hair. It will grow back.”

Doubtfully Isabeau stared at me, her cat eyes wide with alarm. “And what about those dreadful tattoos? Will they grow away, too?”

I did not want to lie to her so I remained silent. The truth would only devastate her and drive her straight into a double murder.

“When I agreed on your training as a bean feasa it had never come into my mind that Mórag would cripple you beyond recognition.”

Were the circumstances different, I would have laughed out loud. She believed my godmother had done all this. What a fortunate coincidence for Draň and Luçien! I felt their investigating gazes on me. Impassively I stared ahead of me, making my expression unfathomable.

Intuition kicked in with Isabeau. “You look like one of those Nightsisters of Dathomir. Or even worse like the little sister of Darth Maul.”

Her visions of the future were funny and exciting at times. “I missed your clairvoyance, Isa. With you around I would not have made the wrong choices.”

I felt safe in her arms. No more fighting, so more running, no more hurting. It was just me and her. Everything else had to wait – my siblings, the hunting party and even Luçien.

The voice of an elderly man, saying my name as reverend as a prayer to Parhelion, echoed over the yard. “Grianán.”

I lurched towards the entrance of the castle kitchen. There he stood with his walking stick, a gentleman in every way. It seemed that he had been waiting for me at the door since I had left Dún Barr.

“Grandfather! I missed you so much,” I cried in delight.

His kisses rained down on me. “Come inside, my child. It must have been a long journey for you from the temple. Especially with those bare feet of yours.”

21. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I would not only be reunited with my family, I would see Luçien again. My scalp prickled with dawning apprehension.

Can't say I blame her.

The dark side of the Force itself with all its hazards. If I was to save him. I had to believe again.

And that is sometimes the hardest thing to do. [face_plain]

And of course, there was Luçien, my destiny.

Ugh. *rolls eyes*
    Sorry. I don't like him now. You know that :p

The truth would only devastate her and drive her straight into a double murder.

Oh, like Gri's body wasn't devastated?

I felt safe in her arms. No more fighting, so more running, no more hurting. It was just me and her. Everything else had to wait

<3

22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Being related to Darth Maul wouldn't be a compliment; for me anyway.

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    At least Gri feels safe once in a while. To be honest I have not felt thus in a very long, long time. Happy, yes. But safe, nope.

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    True, true, because we all what he looks like:

[​IMG]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Liked the update with her and her destiny. Lucien;)