main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter", an attempt to redeem Darksiders, 33rd update, 19th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 4, 2011.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    The next update will be on Sunday and I intend to update every Sunday from now on. RL forces me to take on a third job or to live in my home country again without my husband. I would like to option 1. The third job. So I will only find time on Sunday to up-date.

2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

Well...he does redeem himself, and I'm all for second chances. But he has no excuse for what he's done. He's a manipulator and an abuser.

3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    We both know from "Wolf whelp" that the true legend of the fall is still to come.

[:D]

In the next chapters Grianán will tell us and Ben Skywalker, who is still tortured by his cousin Jacen aka sithly madman, what happened to her from the moment of her arrival in the family castle until it was brought to the attention of Èleos that she was missing in action. It is going to be a tough ride because we have a Darksider who is blinded by pride & prejudice.

So has Gri the stomach to face the dark? Lucien´s? Her own? The dark side itself? What exactly is to come? What are the true dangers? Anger? Fear? Loss of self-awareness?

[​IMG]

I know that you know, pants. But know that you know more than anybody else as my beta, will the journey be the same for you? Of course there are no excuses. For me the dark side of the Force is a choice. But it can certainly turn into an unhealthy addiction.

4. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Indeed, but in some ways wanting to save him might help her to find that belief again and give her purpose :)

Yeah, but those murders wouldn't actually make things better for a lot of people. I don't think it would harm Isa much,
    she seems to be able to cope with it, but still, it will only serve to increase the bitterness towards her brother; that is already (I think) causing her to be biased, as without it, she would have been able to help Grianan with her feelings for that brother, and now she can't.

Revenge doesn't fix anything, though at first it might feel quite satisfying, the act that incited that revenge is still there, hurting, and when someone is killed as revenge, there isn't even a person left to imagine taking revenge upon and it will be still too little.

Aww.

Good to see an update up again, has been a long time. And since it has been a long time, it was also useful to have the other chapters posted before so I could freshen up my recollection of where in Grianan's story we are ;)

I imagine Dran and Lucien being quite anxious, very good, let them sweat, they should be nervous!

I think Lucien is an unfortunate person with a lot of power and too little understanding of the world, who never fully grew up and is still stuck in discovering the world isn't all about him. He often means well (when the dark side doesn't lead him so astray that he can't see reason, common sense, or truth), but he also pities himself too much, always wanting to feel the hero who is forced into action (or he'd be useless I suppose, so don't tell him he isn't needed! - [note that here I am probably using inside knowledge to judge him, not fair :p ]).

I guess it is very human to make yourself blind to the truth if it would show you in such a harsh light, but he chooses not to really take responsibility himself, time and time again.

Anyway, Grianan has chosen a touch path for herself, and she too suffers from wanting to protect everyone else maybe a bit too much. I hope [well ...] she won't be hurt more because she keeps too many secrets for herself so other don't have to know the worst (something she at least shares with her love, I think).

On a personal note/rant: that's what I find most frustrating about her. Did any one of you read the Shannara books? By the 2nd book I loathed the writer for making his druid dude [oh, spoiler of sorts] make the exact same mistake again of not telling his avatar/hero the big issue - of course it almost goes wrong; please wise one if you trust someone to do the world saving, trust them enough to tell them all the facts, "need to know basis" usually falls short. Really. And writers: think about using that, and don't even think about using it a second time. Unless you do it with some twist that shows how stupid it is intentionally. Thanks. Oh, no I didn't mean you here AzureAngel2 of course, I know you are quite aware of this rant :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005