Before "Cat litter", an attempt to redeem Darksiders, 33rd update, 19th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 4, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    It didn?t help that my mother was a sinister woman towards her enemies ? and she considered my grandmother to be one of her enemies.

Yeah, well, she?s the kind of witchy person who tends to only see the ?bad? in people.

None of my siblings seemed to be able to perceive the universe as I was, so I kept my experiences to myself.

While the experiences would scare many, it?s unfortunate that she didn?t share. I think many would benefit from them.
    And then I remember she?s a babe. ;)

I eventually began to avoid staring into the shadows because they stared back at me.

Yeah, that?s very frightening.

I feel so bad for her, a baby, who has to worry about whether she?s evil or not. :(

I had to make myself known to at least one of my siblings.

I agree, and I?m glad that she has someone she trusts enough to turn to.

I did not mention Luçien though; that secret I would keep until I came of age.

Understandable and fair enough.

His grin was winning. ?Your secret is safe with me for now. Be free to share it with whom you want.?

I love Eleos :)
  2. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    poor baby to have all these powers. But she has a nice friend in Eleos
  3. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    It didn?t help that my mother was a sinister woman towards her enemies ? and she considered my grandmother to be one of her enemies. The war that they lead was filled with ugly words. My siblings and I were embarrassed with how they behaved towards one another.

:( Such enmities can put a strain on everyone around.

I tried to be with my grandmother as much as possible. It eased the pain that she was in for the time being. But I was no healer.

That's sweet of her. Company alone can help some.

My skills were of a different nature. I was not sure what they were good for yet. It was all very complicated. None of my siblings seemed to be able to perceive the universe as I was, so I kept my experiences to myself.

Poor little one. Sounds very lonely.

As much as I enjoyed seeing the rooms and hallways of the castle, I eventually began to avoid staring into the shadows because they stared back at me.

That must be so scary! :eek:

That was the only concession that Isabeau would make to somebody as young as me. She did not want me to be taken beyond the boundaries of Dún Barr.

Probably a smart idea. Who knows when Lucien might come back to "finish the job" or something like that.
    But so cute how Eleos takes care of his little sis! [face_love]

Just being with my elder brother was bliss. He was sweet and devoted, even if that meant changing my nappies. He did not mind. His love was genuine.

[face_love] Awww. So glad she has a strong connection with him. That explains why her (spoiler for everyone who hasn't read "Wolf Whelp")kidnapping and torture affected Eleos so much.

Thus far my young life was full of wonders and merriment.

I'm glad her life hasn't been touched by darkness yet.

I liked the artwork it created, such as the transcendent crystals of snowflakes, or icy layers that glittered in breathtaking colours.

Beautiful description of winter. That's what I like baout the season, too (it's just too cold for me). Reminds me of the song "Winter" by Unheilig.

All of my brothers and sisters flourished in the Force. Yet I could not help but notice that some of my skills could not be matched to theirs. I started to believe that I was different, perhaps not even in a good way.

That's great burden, indeed. She thinks that she's using te Dark Side? [face_worried]
    Someone as young as her shouldn't need to worry about things like that. But she had to grow up way too fast.

If I had been a normal child growing up on Sapuhru, I would have been carried out into the dune sea, forced to survive on my own account. My nanny did not think anything of those practices; however, her heart had been softened during her time here. For that I was grateful.

Me too. Survival of the fittest? Hate that. And definitely shouldn't be done with children.

?You can feel it, too, don´t you? The Living Force as much as the Unifying Force??

I summoned a weary smile.

Éleos nodded at me. ?Just as I thought. Then you and I are the only ones who can.?

Wow, that's a surprise.

?Grianán, you are a very clever, little thing. I give you credit for that.? He tucked at my nose in tender jest. ?But I have been around for much longer than you are. Long enough to tell that you are hiding. You are not really bonding with us, why??

In a telepathic family, that is going to show sooner or later if someone doesn't bond with the others.

There was only warmth and patience in his eyes. He would not yell at me, he would not force me in any way. It was not who he was. His soul was so gentle, soaked with light and belief.

Aww, I like him!

Luçien was in so much trouble because he could not reach out to others. Bit by bit he had alienate himself from his surroundings. And in the end, from himself.

Yepp. He didn't even get very close to Sionnach. Glad Grianan decides to let people in.

But I shared all my other weird sensations with him. What happened when I had skin contact with objects, animals or persons. That I
  4. DarthUncle Force Ghost

star 5
    Such a sweet yet poignant update!

I have to mirror Pants remark about wishing she would share and then recalling her youth as I read on. You show her knowledge of what her powers do as well as how much she doesn't know about people and the force, and the world around her, yet, very well doe.

Perfectly illustrates her: a wise girl, but a baby still. It was sweet, funny, and a clever way to show how young she is, and how long the days are, full of wonder and events, colours and food and nappies, and how world shattering if one is waiting to be fed or to have ones nappy changed :)

Then it is left to me to apologise for leaving it so late to read and reply here. My only two defences are a busy week, and being unaccustomed to first seeing an update online, instead in an email/on a USB-stick with a request to edit it at a date that is closer than I would prefer :p

I'll attempt to do better, and believe I may have already have partly mended it by actually replying here instead of simply saying something when I hand that file back to you in an edited form. I would almost consider it was all part of a cunning plan to get me here ;)
  5. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    Excellent and it took me a while to read everything I'd missed. =D=
  6. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks for sharing that with us, dear Misty. That is very courageous of you.

That she has and it helps to understand his reactions in "Wolf whelp", does it not?

7. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    Arcana is who she is and nothing in between.

Mm, that is very true.

Adults did not realize what was in their best interests.

LOL! Not always, this is true

Since my revelations to Éleos, I felt more comfortable with my own siblings again. It was essential that we were there for one another.

I?m glad she was able to be comfortable with them again, and that she recognized her strength. Feeling the death of a sibling though?I can?t imagine. Not just with her, with any Force sensitive.

The Dark Side already stained her legendary beauty.

It?s bittersweet imagery there.

All will be well.?

Yeah, maybe. From a certain point of view. [face_plain]

Holding me did not help Isabeau to let go of her guilt and worries.

No, it wouldn?t :(

There seemed no peculiar pattern to the flakes landing in the open landscape, which allowed my mind to wander.

Yeah. That sounds better than focusing on the tension and situation.

With her wild emotions she had set the rancors mentally on fire.

That is NOT a good thing at all. She?s a freaking crazy lady.
  8. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    What I'd do for a nose like that!

The Dark Side always has a price. Just like doing drugs and drinking have a price.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    action packed update

And she experiences a lot being so little.
  10. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Glad Grianan decides to let people in.

Which is her greatest strength and yet her greatest flaw.

I'd phrase it the other way round: It is her greatest flaw and yet her greatest strength.

Aréte took advantage of this fact and was able to lure Isabeau into the wilderness to teach our nanny how to ski. It was a plan to that all the serpent-spawn had agreed on.

As someone from a desert planet, Isa wouldn't know how to ski. I like how the children conspire here. It shows how much they love Isa.

The soul of Aréte wailed in pain and was silenced in an unmistakable way within one heartbeat. She had been burned out of existence in the truest sense of the word.

:_|

I turned over in the cradle to face Daná. Her terrified features told me that she also had felt the death of our elder sister. We held a short telepathic conversation before she reached out to our favourite brothers.

Even though the occasion is sad, I have to say I really like the way the children are able to interact.

The fits of our mother had reached a dangerous level.

:( She's falling rapidly. Losing her child will only make things worse.

The two druids who had murdered Aréte failed to notice us. They were leaning over a huge gap. The snow around them was coloured with the leftovers of our sweet sister.

:eek: Why did they do it?

Immediately Éleos volunteered to calm her, sending his thoughts straight into her head. ?I am sorry. There has already been enough bloodshed. I cannot allow any more of it, Isa. We must end this deadly circle or the Dark Side will forever haunt our family. I will help you, Isa.?

I was surprised that the children are trying to save the druids who have killed their sister, but this makes perfect sense. Stop the cycle of violence.

Éleos changed our common plan within one heartbeat and shared his visual sensations with her. I even saw myself looking up to my elder brother.

Like Paul Atreides and baby Leto....

Éleos started reconstructing the body of our murdered sister, but there were limits to his powers.

Not only did they kill her, they also cut her apart? :eek: [face_sick] :_|

The Force ghost of Aréte patted my head, reassuring me: ?He will not die, Grianán. Neither will you. All will be well.?

Having the Force ghost there comforts me a bit.

Her emotions from dancing so close at the edge of the Dark Side made the animals uneasy and unpredictable.

Uh. That's bad. And Arcana is too far gone to notice. [face_worried]

?For his druid brother seems to have taken one of my sons. And I will torture this foul creature here until I know where Èleos was taken.?

:_| She's so evil.

My soul left my body behind for a while and went after Èleos. The druid, who was transporting him through the mountains, was impressed by him and his courage. My brother?s life was in no danger.

I'm glad to hear that. If only Arcana would see it that way.

She would need to overcome her guilt on her own.

Naturally. A child entrusted to her was killed before her eyes. That would be hard on anyone.

The treacherous yellow of the Dark Side lit in my mother´s eyes.

:eek: That's scary!

But she would not. I felt it coming. The mixture of physical and magical damage to her body would cost my nanny at least one limb.

:eek: Oh no! :_|

Good update, even though it's very dark and sad. I hope Eleos will be able to return soon.
  11. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6

That is what I wanted to make clear with all of my three stories, dear Misty. Thanks for pointing that out!

Life does that to you, dear bird.

12. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    False accusations nearly destroyed my family.
  13. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually there is a long text in Wookiepediea how the Dark Side alters the outer apearance of a Dark Sider.

I believe it. I don?t want to read it but I?ll bet it?s very interesting.

At least she had something to hold on to. A protégé that is alive still.

Mm, very, very true.

Chapter 4: Hazy shade of winter

Helplessness held us all in its grip.

:( Poor kids. I hate that feeling.

Adults really are good at being idiots at times. *sigh*

Then it happened. With one hand, my mother reached into the Force and began choking my nanny. I was horrified.

I feel so bad for Isa and Grianan both. I hate that Isa had to deal with that and that Grianan had to witness it. Even worse is the fact that Grianan can actually feel it as well.

My mother smirked at Isabeau for her remark. ?Then keep it that way, for Mórag can smell the fear of others and turn it against them. This is why she is the head of the Order of the beanmna feasa, and the High Inquisitor.?

*shudders*

?I am Adamah.?

That was a lie, because my sister was a little girl of seven summers and not a fully grown woman.

[face_laugh] Oh she is too cute.

?You are the Light of the Force, at least within this family. We all need you to bring the balance back.

It is so much to put on such a young child, on anyone, really. Ah, but she truly is.

Friends could be chosen, it seemed.

Yes! :)

14. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    all your stories are coming together in this chapter

Love to see the development
  15. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Grandmother Techné put all the blame on Isabeau for the death of Aréte and the disappearance of Èleos.

Poor Isa. She's already blaming herself enough.

Adults were good in blaming one another instead of granting one another comfort.

True.

I was the first who picked up the currents in the Force. Breathing became hard for me. It was as if the Dark Side had manifested into a physical form. All my senses were alert.

At first I thought it was Lucien, but now that I know who it is, I'm not surprised.

?I am not here to impress you. Actually, this time I am here to let you know that you went too far.?

Too far with what? Maybe Arcana didn't listen to you as you had wanted her to? o_O

Isabeau stepped between the two women. In the face of the upcoming Force storm, she remained calm.

Brave woman. =D=

"I hope Èleos did not do something to offend you.?

I'm glad he's back. Hopefully Morag hasn't been able to taint him with the Dark Side.

Unfortunately, I was not able to walk off like my father and my elder siblings. Trapped in my mother´s arms, I had to suffer in silence.

Poor Grianan.

Then it happened. With one hand, my mother reached into the Force and began choking my nanny. I was horrified.

Isa has to bear so much. It always surprises me that she's still with this family. Then again, she has nowhere else to go.

That was when I started screaming at top of my lungs. I could not have any more of this violence. Screaming did not make me feel better, but it was the only thing left to me.

I'm glad Grianan found a way to act.

Suddenly Mórag MagUidhir was in my head. ?I can feel you, a brightness in the Force. But you are also privileged with the Dark Side. You will pledge yourself to me, Grianán!?

NO! Grianan will not become her apprentice! That would mean a second Arcana or Lucien....*shudders*

Priviledged with the Dark Side? Because the Dark Side is strong in her family? Or is she vulnerable to it because of her deep connection to Lucien?

?That cannot be! Not to my little, useless half-brother! You did not!?

Why does it not surprise me that they are related? o_O

? Mórag is a member of this family, too. One of our oldest relatives. She is many times my great-aunt.?

Oh. So Grianan and Lucien are actually relatives, too.

?Are you her dark acolyte?? The realization put Isabeau in a state of shock.

?No.? That was a meek lie and Isabeau knew it.

That explains a lot! And Morag wanted Grianan? Heck no. (Although I already know Grianan will stay with Morag for a while.)

My mother pulled all her pride together. ?I serve nobody but my self."

And your emotions. They are controling you.

?I am Adamah.?

That was a lie, because my sister was a little girl of seven summers and not a fully grown woman.

[face_laugh] That was cute.

?Little one, I know it is not fair, but life never is. You need to be strong. Not only for yourself, but also for my sister Arcana. She killed me when she was in one of her dangerous moods."

And then Arcana regretted it deeply and performed some horrible things with the unborn child. I swear, this woman is almost as bad as Lucien when it comes to irrational behavior.

?I will visit you more often if you want me to. It would help you to understand your mother and her situation better.?

That will be great. Maybe Adamah will even be able to dampen Morag's influence on Grianan's life.

?You are the Light of the Force, at least within this family. We all need you to bring the balance back. Understanding and love will follow in your wake, even though you will suffer most of your life.?

Adamah is spot-on about Grianan's life. Again, this reminds me of "the Children of Dune", where Leto begged his sister (mentioned in the movies) to find a way for him to die so he wouldn't have to make all the horrible sacrifices. He, too, knew that his life would be full of sufferings. But he still faced it.

?But do not
  16. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    That's not something that I caught, but makes a whole lot of sense!

However, I know sometimes when a woman dies, her child can be saved, as long as the extraction is immediate. So maybe "Her unborn child couldn't be saved" would have worked better?
  17. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Yepp. That's sounds better to me. :)
    Of course, that's assuming the child has already developed for several months by then and will be able to live outside the womb.
  18. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks for sharing this with us, dear Misty. Unfortunately there are always stories like this in each family. I wish life was different and better. Fact is, it is not. We all can see that in the SW universe as well. Family members turning against one another, developing hate and fear towards each other.

19. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Be gone evil Force Ghosts, be gone! Leave the child alone!

The scariest thing that ever happened to me were the night terrors I had as a small child. Thankfully I don't remember any of them exceept one bad dream that I remember quite well.

I posted a new story, The Chosen One. It's a massive AU.
  20. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    I told Aranea that she can visit any time that she feels up to it. And here she is. Hallo there, little warrior.?

And it?ll be good for Grianan. :)
    Friends are important, Isa!

Aranea was a very devoted swimming teacher. It was Isabeau who came for me later on. ?If Grianán would have drowned, you would be in trouble!? she let Aranea know.

Some people are too worried with children. I understand why she doesn?t trust anyone else, but that?s unfair to Grianan.
    I?m glad Isa warmed up to her.

?Listen, I know that I have a problem. My sister died due to it and my mother... my mother was...? Her voice trailed away once more. ?Grianán, what if I turn against any of you by accident? Are you really safe from me??

You know, you really make me feel bad for her. *sigh*

Tears ran over my puffed cheeks. I could not only see the evil Force ghosts, I could hear them as well.

:( Poor Grianan

The fact that she was also the 7th child of the second set of septuplets would make me fear for her future if I didn?t know of most of it.

The royal crypt was the opposite of the Force vortex. Here was no serenity and peace to be found.

Yes, well?look at who?s buried there.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Poor child with all those dark forces surrounding her

Great update and artwork
  22. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    ?Mio bellissimo principessa!? she screeched like a parrot, causing Isabeau to settle automatically into a combat position. My beautiful princess!

[face_laugh] I find it amusing that Aranea just bursts into the Godqueen's chamber without asking for permission to enter. Isa's reaction is both funny and sad: Funny that she's considering Aranea as a threat and sad that apparently the family has so many enemies that even children can be potential dangers.

?Certainly...? Started my mother.

?Not!? Finished Isabeau.

[face_laugh] Love the interaction between Isa and Arcana here.

"What about learning to swim??

Huh? I thought Grianan couldn't even walk yet....Isn't that a bit too early to teach her how to swim?

Aranea touched her own forehead. ?Dark thoughts, dark deeds. They leak into us children as well, and can drive you mad. But there are choices. I made the right ones because of Grianán here. You know what I mean, don´t you??

Great part! Love how grown up Aranea is.

My brothers and sisters did not like it though.

Hihi. I remember the way they behaved towards the Rat Pack later.

Only Éleos tried to make a deeper acquaintance with the orphan on my behalf.

I can see him doing that. Like you said, he really has a lot of Luke in him. And I can see him move mountains for his little sister.

On the morning of my first birthday, my mother was jittery as a young eopie.

I'm wondering why Arcana is so nervous. But maybe it's just because she's celebrating 7 birthdays at once.

I tried to look extra sweet and adorable. It worked, because my mother started laughing.

[face_laugh] Grianan as a baby is so adorable. I'm very glad she had such a (mostly) happy childhood.

?Listen, I know that I have a problem. My sister died due to it and my mother... my mother was...? Her voice trailed away once more. ?Grianán, what if I turn against any of you by accident? Are you really safe from me??

Awww, I'm so glad Arcana is thinking about that. She's right to worry. After all, she loved her sister dearly, but still killed her. The people she loves aren't save from her. But of course, her fear will only take her further down on the spiral of the Dark Side.

My mother sniffed. ?Can you help me? I know that is a lot to ask of somebody so small, but I cannot make it on my own.?

I'm glad she realized that. I think that realizing that you need help is the first step towards healing.

My grandmother Tamisra was nothing like I had imagined. She was a mummy, one of those dead corpses that are rolled in bandages.

For some reason, I read: "She was a mummy, one of those dead corpses that rolled around in bandages." xD

"Like you, I was just the seventh daughter of her second set of sextuplets."

That is a worrisome conincidence.

"But somehow she knew I would outlive all my other siblings.?

That is so sad. :(

"This place has haunted me as long as I can remember. I wanted to stop people from dying on me, but the more I tried, the worse it became.?

I know she doesn't want to lose the people she loves.
    Is she also afraid that those who die will go to a place like this?

One of my ancestors had come face to face with me, threatening me in unspeakable ways.

It's so sad that this family has so many Dark Siders.

"Be all the things that I could not achieve myself.?

That is so sad. It has to hurt a lot to realize that you've failed....

Good update! Nice new paintings, too! I always forget Arcana has blond hair. xD

=D=
  23. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6

Dear Misty, your new story is great and intrigues me very much.

As for those dreams, are you sure they were just dreams? I know many people who had more than just dreams.

24. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    How mean of him to torment a child! :mad:

I'm pretty sure the dream I had as a small child was just a frightening dream. I was in out church but at the same time it wasn't our church. Three men when sitting on the couch in the foyer and they just watched me as I called for my mother. I went down a hallway a short distance and it was twisted so I went back and entered a room that was dark with what appeared to be medical beds along the wall. I the middle of the dark room was skeletal thing that was really tall and it was holding something it moved and I told it to stop at so point I screamed and then I woke up in my parents bed.

I do believe that I have had dreams that weren't dreams though because I have dreamed of something and sometime later will experience deja vu.
  25. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    Isa never had any.

Yes, but she should still know better, IMO.

Isn't that a bit too early to teach her how to swim?

Water is a natural element for babies. Darum gibt es in Deutschland auch viele Babyschwimmkurse. I also did one with my mother once upon the time.

Yeah, I was put in the pool at 6 months old.

Chapter 5: Fragments of a childhood

I liked it out here. Three of the four elements were with us: the water below, the cloudy sky above and the warmth of the sun radiating through our bodies.

It does sound very peaceful and relaxing.

The types of Dark Siders were very interesting. The fourth is definitely the worse :(

Now Aranea composed an impish grin. ?It helps that Grianán is no ordinary and unaware baby. I also have no crazy plans for her, like most of the adults around her.?

:D All so very true.

The changes you?ve made work perfectly!

Growing up in a household with a Dark sider gave no chance to enjoy an easy childhood.

:( It?s so sad. I feel so bad for her.

To have been made an outcast by her own biological mother, even though it had been only for a couple of sun hours, had left a deep impact on the baby. I did not want her to become prey to the Dark Side due to the grudge that she carried inside her.

Poor tot. Isa was awesome to help her out.
    Was Luna a Force sensitive? I can?t remember.

Luçien tried his best to gaze at me neutrally, even though his thoughts were in turmoil.

Heh, can?t hide much from her!

?Do not pretend that you do not remember our last meeting.? He crocked his head. ?I can sense that you do. There is a cold intelligence behind those grey eyes of yours.?

That?s for freaking sure.

The tears of a child in distress were something he could not deal with well.

That?s because children cry over stupid things :p

?Agathos is a dear friend. I honour the trust he puts in me. Therefore I will never move directly against one of his children.?

*mutters* So he has some morals. Hmph.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade