main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter", an attempt to redeem Darksiders, 33rd update, 19th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Ah, I see. I learnt to swim only very late in my life (when I was 10), so maybe I just didn't consider it that small children can be able to swim.

?You win. There is no real discussion possible with you.?

[face_laugh] That's because she can't talk yet! :p

The secret service stayed at a reasonable distance and left us our privacy. My mother had fought hard for that special privilege.

Oh yeah, I can see the problems of privacy vs security.

The second group is of those who crave for dark knowledge and the powers that are connected with it: the power-hungry.

Paaaaalpy.

And the fourth type is the worst: the cleaner. They believe that they alone have the stomach to face the Dark Side of the Force and twist it for the benefit of everybody else. That plan always backfires. Good intentions can be the step towards doom.?

Aranea's explanation of Dark Siders is great. She hits the nail on the head with the forth category. Lucien and Jacen right there. I also liked your use of "The road to hell is paved with good intentions", transported into the SW world.

It was a a bliss that Èleos and Sereno agreed on my Force training to begin so early. As my elder brothers they wanted me to be prepared for worst case scenarios.

While I see a need for it, I still think it's way too early.

Defense yes through a shield, but "quicker than your opponent", "don't hesitate"...that's not things a toddler can do or understand at that age. My opinion.

They saw defence as the best form of attack. My light shield improved, as well as my ability to move items around with telekinesis.

Mora and I learned how to walk together when we were eighteen sun months old.

That's cute.

I loved to crawl in my father´s bed and to listen to his stories until Grandfather Narthex came with a tray with three mugs on it. Two with coffee and one with hot chocolate.

Love these family moments.

My nanny wiped the sleep out of her eyes. ?Gathering low life forms, I see.? she commented dryly.

[face_frustrated] Isa! A baby is NOT a lower life form! Neither is someone without royal blood one.

"Just let me sleep on for another hour, ma petité.? Grumpily, she turned towards the wall. ?And when I wake up I want coffee. Can we agree on that??

*snorts* Not a morning person, I see.

Sorry to hear that Luna has such a sad past. But I'm glad Aranea and Grianan are taking care of her.

All her life, Adamah had to fight her disappointment for being different. She was Force blind and begrudged us for our abilities. The worst for her was that she was no telepath. That gave her a difficult position among us. The most simple things would escape her notice, which made her even more cross with us. Especially with me.

Yes, that would definitely be hard on her. I'm sad that she has developed a grudge.

Our nanny proved to my sister that her worth depended not on her Force skills, but on the things she was able to do for a community. This would matter a great deal when she took the crown of Cunabula one fine day.

Smart move on Isa's part. A god queen that is community oriented...that will be good.

In the mornings, my father belonged to me.

I can see the kids fighting for some attention of their parents. With 13 children, I'm sure some want to have their parents for themselves for a little while.

He had come for me and not for my father. Of that I was certain.

I suspect the same.

?Why you hate so much?? I asked straight out.

=D= Great question. Spot on.

"It would pain me to hurt him by hurting you. So you are safe for the time being. Use this time I give you wisely.?

Ugh. So he would kill a child if it weren't for that.

?Your infamous mother summoned you back from the dead. The real you is dead. You are just a demon from another dimension.?

This is such a sad and cruel thing to say to little Grianan. If he knew her, he'd know that it isn't true.

?What is that for?? He asked.

?You hurt me,? I mumbled. More te

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

There were also giant otters, bull sharks, arapaimas, and other water inhabitants. I could all feel them woven into the carpet of life and death. The Living Force was experienced in all of its richness in the river delta. I liked it out here. Three of the four elements were with us: the water below, the cloudy sky above and the warmth of the sun radiating through our bodies.
    I like that ?Woven into the carpet of life and death.[face_dancing]

Four types of the darksiders seems simple enough and logical.[face_skull]

The handkerchief had told me all I needed to know. I took all my courage to ask, ?Why are you always that mean to everybody? To your daughter? To Sionnach? To Isabeau? To...?

Luçien grabbed my chin and looked me hard in the eyes. ?If you want to stay alive around me, little princess, you should stop asking questions like that. I have executed adults for less insults. Don´t push it!?

Risky asking such questions of Lucien. He will torment her.[face_worried]

Very spooky [face_worried]

Great post=D=

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to read this too[face_dancing]

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I love family time and she seems to love it as well.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely update with Issa and Lucien

7. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Luna is indeed Force sensitive, but she simply was not wanted by her own mother. In the Ophidiea culture the mother can decide to do anything with a new born that she wants to do. The choices of a mother determine the faith of a child. Normally those unfortunate die, waning away from hunger, thirst and neglect.

But Luna´s mother knew that Princess Grianán would walk that way in the early morning hours...

Ah, got it. Poor girl :(

In many ways she is the teacher of his frozen heart.

That she is!

I wanted to write some nice things once in a while.

We like when you do that! :D

The only ´normal´ person from the rat pack is Mora, who becomes a therapist and joins fovea centralis to become one of the top field agents.

Oh I really like that.

Chapter 6: The gift

Luçien tried to act charming. He was good at it.

Yeah. He?s the kind of person who?d smile at you while stabbing you in the back.

?Princess Grianán,? Answered her brother Phren in a hushed voice. ?Can´t you see? The grey witch eyes. Daddy was right about her.?

I was sitting here thinking ?Haven?t I read this before?? Then I remembered I?ve beta?d this for you! :p

?I am glad that I was not born as a Lidérc. Come here, my little Force witch,? My father said to me in a soft voice.

:D I know! Not touching would be terribly unfortunate!!

pretending to be a playful, innocent child. It always worked with them and made them smile.

Yeah, but to me it?s eerie thinking of her like that, even though she IS 6. It?s just?creepy to me, because of how her mind is.

More smiling would do him good.

This can be said of a lot of people.

8. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Luçien tried to act charming. He was good at it.

Doesn't surprise me. He's a deceiving slime-ball.

Luçien had loosened the veil around his throat. This way he was able to artistically enjoy his kok, a breakfast roll with chocolate filling.

Wait, I thought Lucien hates chocolate and thinks that it's evil?

But to me, it gave the impression that Luçien had to hide a lot from the universe, perhaps even from himself.

Very fitting part.

?Daddy!? The girl shouted and ran over to Luçien in order to hug his knees with wild affection.

That was cute.

Soul relationship was not as I had imagined it to be. Most of the time, it hurt like stinging needles.

Great description of the soul partnership with Lucien.

?Can´t you see? The grey witch eyes. Daddy was right about her.?

WHAT?! Lucien, you told your little children these lies??? :mad:

My father laughed heartily and patted my head. ?Witch eyes? No wonder that I feel constantly bewitched by my daughter."

Aww, sweet Agathos. Always seeing the best in people.

?I am glad that I was not born as a Lidérc."

Not being allowed to show affection in public must be terrible. I would hate it.

He embraced me and held me close. Laughter erupted from my throat. His beard tickled so nicely in my face.

I'm glad she has such a close bond with her father. And the line about the beard was sweet!

?Gran-da clean. Daddy clean. Granny Techné not mad now!? I announced, pretending to be a playful, innocent child. It always worked with them and made them smile.

So sad she has to pretend. :(

A woman was kidnapped by desert nomads. She had been tortured very badly. Her body could not take it any more; the wounds were too severe. The love for her husband and her step-son was not strong enough to keep her alive. In death she hoped to be granted to get a glimpse of her other son, the child that she had received due to a Force miracle. Her blood slowly became cold. Life leaked out of her.

I made a shrill sound like the sea gulls circling above my head. Another vision followed, even darker than the first one.

A man in black, wearing a hooded cloak, killed all the people in the desert camp. Not only the men, but the women and children, too. He slaughtered them like animals and not like people.

Great how you've tied in the movies! =D=

Grandfather Narthex and father made us walk through a labyrinth of streets and small side paths. All the houses were adorned with green plants and a sea of blooming flowers.

That sounds like a beautiful place. I think I'd like to live in this city. Somehow, I always imagine it like a Roman city, with many buildings made from white stone and large temples, just with flowers everywhere.

It was just a pity that he had to look so gloomy. More smiling would do him good.

Ehh...I think I would find his smile creepy.

?Could it be that you are following me, little princess? Do not turn it into a habit! For your sake!?

Already developing a complex, Lucien? Not everything Grianan does has to do with you!

A faint shimmer of darkness lingered around him.

Perfect! Shows how he's slowly falling.

=D= Great update!

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Force users can have a normal life if their environment lets them have one.

Well, there will be more Lucien & Isa soon.

10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    My mom nearly feels that about my father's ex mother-in-law. She wishes that she would either die or move to the other side of the USA.

Two of my siblings broke our TV once. it was my slightly younger brother (we aren't twins) and the sister after him. They were arguing about something and because of the fact that I was really mean to this brother and mom had asked me to leave him along. I allowed them to fight until they knocked the TV over. Mom was less than pleased when she came home.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    She is seeing a lot for such a young one

Nice update

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    The power of hate is strong and it can make a sane person evil, if they're not careful.

=D=

13. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    *sings very loud the chorus line: "Free faaaaaaaalllllling" and does not know from which song that is*

Probably Tom Petty - Free Falling.

I suspected him to be family of Luçien. They had a lot of common.

*snorts* Wouldn't surprise me if they were related.

Suddenly the adults began to talk about bodyguards, the possible dangers in the city, and murder.

Did they suspect something? Have a bad feeling?

"Especially not with your dirty little mind tricks.?

*grumbles about Isa* Stop behaving that way.

Isabeau was determined. ?My lords, milady, Narthex. Have a pleasant day. I will be back at dusk.?

Too sad she didn't overcome her fear of water, otherwise the tragedy might never have happened.

He was unveiled and looked completely different. More like a real Amnionian citizen. Even the colour of his skin was different. But he could not fool me with his masquerade. I would have recognized him even if he had shape shifted into a rancor bull or a sea gull. My soul knew.

Apparently he has something planned and doesn't want anyone to recognize him. Like kidnapping Isa without anyone knowing it was him.

?Nothing,? I sniffed, tears flowing over my cheeks. It was a silly idea of mine anyway. Isabeau was his step-sister and therefore Luçien would not harm her. That was not how siblings acted towards one another.

Great lines!
    So she was afraid he would kill Isa? Wow....that says a lot if she's even thinking about that.
    She's the only one who has recognized Lucien? Gah...if she had said something to Arcana....they would have made the connection immediately when Isa disappeared.

When he decided to throw me a kiss, I was very worried, and not only for Isabeau.

That would freak me out, too.

?I will not waste money, time and resources on her, Arcana. That nanny of yours might as well be fish food by now.?

Grrgh. I dislike this uncle.

My mother started Force choking my father in front of our entire family. I stepped in between them without thinking, getting my share immediately. I dropped to my knees, panting as hard as my father. Star dust danced around me. My windpipe almost got crushed.

Woah! :eek: :_| That is terrifying for the family! To see their father choked by their mother and then little Grianan as well. I can't believe Arcana is so far gone already. :(

I felt horrible for her. This had been one of those dark moments that she was so afraid of.

It was. But she really lacks the self-control. That's so scary. And again, it will only make it worse for Arcana.

Logic slipped away from her easily. Death piled up around her as others found it to be more difficult to meet her expectations.

Great part!

The ugly laughter of my uncle filled the room. ?Now I know why you married her. You like it violent in bed, don´t you? "

He disgusts me, this brother.

?Vedo whye cawas badna?? She asked in a soothing voice, raising her free arm graciously towards me. Do you want a drop to drink?

I found this a bit strange. Grianan is how old? 3, 4? I remember that my little brother suddenly disliked mother milk, so I'm a bit confused that Grianan would still drink it.
    But different culture, different customs...

Once, her fingers had been webbed, but a surgeon had changed that when she had been as small as her son. A lot of her body had been altered with a cutting knife and stitches.

That sounds awful. I feel so bad that her people need to hide their origin.

=D= Well done!

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Family stories are never easy. Force users or not. SW universe or RL.

[:D]

I am glad that you are a fanfic writer, dear Misty. That can be a good playground for emotions... and a way to work through frustrations(my husband says in the background).

She is an ancestor of Anakin. Of course her life is a roller coaster, also emotionally, dearest bird.

We will learn about that in one point in the story, dear Gkilkenny.

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Her mother feels the same way I sometimes feel about the pastor at my church. He drones on sometimes and I am not looking forward to Christmas Day. He'll probably will drone on for five minutes past the hour.

My guess is that something bad is going to happen.

16. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Long speeches and even longer ceremonies were part of the life of a princess, no matter what her age was.

Ew :p

Adults on this planet seemed to have big issues about racial matters. It was constantly on their minds, even more than sex.

And it?s terribly unfortunate that people can?t be accepting. :(

My mother rose with me in a swift movement. ?I feared he would never stop,? She whispered down to me. ?What a bore!?

Grr?.

?Did you also notice that I wear no underwear under this dress?? She answered sneakily. ?None whatsoever??

?I was wondering...? My father said, his eyes gleaming mischievously.

Ew, there are CHILDREN around!
    [face_laugh]

Dead was dead. All dead people should look the same. It was all very confusing.

*chuckles* I gree

?What does it look like to you?? Phosphoros smirked. ?Now stop acting stupid, Sereno! Save as many lives as you can! Off with you both!?

Creepy ending.

And the cool thing is that I forget details, so I?m looking forward to what?s next. :D

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yup creepy with her seeing the dead and things about to happen.

Cliffie;):eek:

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks of letting us know about the pastor, but never let him know. He might take offence. ;)

And yes, what I once mentioned in "Serpent-spawn" and described from Sionnach´s point of view in "Wolf whelp" is going to happen.

I had a master out there. :p

Okay, here we go, into the heat of the moment. This is going to be a very ugly ride, people.

The Dark Side has been unleashed by a girl whose Force powers lay latent all those years. To freely quote from Frank Herbert´s DUNE: "The sleeper has awakened!"

I felt like I was seeing one of those future visions of Isabeau. There was a lot of running, screaming, blood and dying.

The Force was unleashed, or better to say my sister Adamah was. In her most desperate hour, her heritage had come upon her. It actually used her as a vessel in the physical world.

Guns claimed a life of their own, shooting in every direction possible. Sometimes the laser fire hit living flesh, but in most cases only wood, stone or metal surfaces were shot upon.

People howled in confusion and pain.

Aunt Calothrix passed me by at one of the open doors, clutching to

19. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    *falls off of chair*

How horrible for that to have happened to her mother. I hope that she is either healed or can be helped painlessly into the Force.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW excitement for her and such pain to endure. All the destruction

21. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Children that are used a very open-minded society and who know their mother fairly well.

And children who just pay attention. Oftentimes, we adults think the kids can?t hear.

The Force was unleashed, or better to say my sister Adamah was. In her most desperate hour, her heritage had come upon her. It actually used her as a vessel in the physical world.

It?s just so sad, and I hate that Gri had to witness it.

My mother burst into flames. Instead of letting go of Adamah, she held her even tighter.

:( Poor Gri

?Please stop! Please stop! Please stop!? I repeated this sentence like a Force mantra as I cried tears of blood.

:_|

I said the first thing that came to mind. ?You killed Acheron??

He seized me by my neck and lifted me to eye level. ?What??

I don?t blame him for being so off-guard. First of all, it was almost completely random. Secondly?yeah, how could she know?

But he?s?.ugh, he deserves to have that pain thrown at him.

But it was just a cleaning robot erasing my blood. The robots were not such a bad invention, as my mother always had pretended them to be

[face_laugh] You know, that was a good reprieve from the madness going on.

22. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Fairy tales lied about a happily ever-after. My parents sure had none.

That's so sad.

The archbishop of Polysýndeton gave me a constant headache. Like my mother and Luçien, he was a powerful Force user, and he did not like to have any of us here. He could have easily hidden his thoughts from us, yet he chose not to.

Yes, Parhelion was a jerk back then. But I think he changed when he saw Sionnach's pain.

Adults on this planet seemed to have big issues about racial matters. It was constantly on their minds, even more than sex.

Poor Grianan has to see everybody's dark thoughts.

I could not leave the seat next to my mother as I wished. After the drama that had taken place yesterday, my grandfather had begged the serpent-spawn to behave nicely. It had been a very moving speech. I had to obey.

Oh no! I wish she had done something, talked to somebody.

I clicked myself out of the Force meld that my siblings used night and day.

None of the other children saw the man, even though their minds were linked? Too bad.

Something told me that it was not good to be able to see, hear and feel dead people. Luçien would not like that if he ever found out.

Uh, yeah. Don't tell him.

Then Phosphoros popped up next to my elbow. He was blue and transparent.
    ?It is a bit late for that now! A Force storm is coming. None of you can stop Adamah any more!?

Oh no, it's too late! :_|

?Are you dead, brother?? Sereno paled, which proved to me that he at least could spot Force ghosts and hear them.

Why didn't he see the dead man? Or can he only see his relatives?

And so sad that Grianan has lost her brother.

[b]The Force was unleashed, or better to say my sister Adamah was. In her most desperate hour, her heritage had come upon her.[/b]

[face_cry] Force-sensitive after all.

[b]?I hope they all die today, the entire freak show that Agathos produced with that reptile.?
    [/b]

I hate Kairos. [face_frustrated] Such a mean man. Racist. And pushing a child to her death.

[b]
    I turned away from the temple, just to see Sereno and Éleos sprint towards Adamah in the distance.[/b]

[face_cry] They are trying to save their little sis.

[b]Helplessly, I watched her walking towards her own doom, her back straight. There was no false haste in her movements. She had an appointment with death and she knew it.[/b]

Wow. That is brave.

[b]
    I prayed that Luçien had brought his family into safety. Their pretty yellow house was nearby.
    [/b]

[face_cry] No, unfortunately not.

[b]My mother burst into flames. Instead of letting go of Adamah, she held her even tighter. It did not matter to her that my sister´s soul was already long gone. It was the body she had given birth to nine sun years ago. [/b]

I admire her so much for this moment.

[b]Daná cried out in terror and Caelestris tried to calm her effortlessly. [/b]

It must be terrible to watch that happen. Lose a brother, a sister and a mother all in one day.

[b]My Midi-chlorians helped me to establish the impossible, but there was a price to pay. Blood vessel after blood vessel burst inside my body.[/b]

Oh no! Grianan, be careful!

[b]Despite what had happened, one of them was still alive and full conscious.[/b]

Wow! Just wow. The pain must be unbelievable. And she knew her death would be painful, but she still met it.

[b]His irises turned yellow. ?Can you speak to the dead, little witching?"[/b]

Oh no, he figured it out. And he has yellow eyes already. Bad, baaaad sign.

[b]Another thought came to me. ?The twins love you. They forgive you. So does Lisiére.?[/b]

Uh. That might be the wrong thing to say.

Wait, this is how he learned that his children are dead, isn't it?

[b]
    Tachys loomed over my shoulder, while her father ran off like a mad person. ?Now he is totally spooked out! You should not have said anything. Especially not about his twin sister.?[/b]

Wow, Lucien had a twin sister?

[b]?I also forgive you,? I went on. ?Skywalker was a bad daddy. Poor Luçien.?[/b]

So much compassion in her.

[b]Phren held up m

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh dear, such pain and suffering. What a brilliant post.=D=

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Arcana will die because it was her destiny. We already read about her death in "Serpent-spawn" and "Wolf whelp".

Yes, a Force storm is among the most dreadful catastrophes in the universe.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    action filled and with Lucien rescuing her[face_dancing]