main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter", an attempt to redeem Darksiders, 33rd update, 19th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    This part of Wolf Whelp seems so long ago. I barely remember it.

Her grandmother seems to love her.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, wait for next Wednesday then, dear bird. It will be a much smaller update again, but full of excitement as well in ways you cannot imagine.

3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Yes, sometimes I cry when I write, too.

Doesn?t surprise me at all.

Compared to their father, the twins knew how to make me happy, even in their afterlife.

Yeah, well, look who their father is.
    ;)

Now I cried openly, remembering the burned body of my mother.

:( Poor Gri

Countless human presences entered the villa. They were in for murder and havoc.

Very, very scary

?That means?, Grandmother shouted, ?That this is still my house. I thought that made it clear to Kairos. I do not wish to see any of you in here while I am still alive.?

:D Her grandmother is an awesome woman.

When I picked it up, I saw that it was a hood. It had two holes in it for the eyes.

*shivers* Creepy. Sounds very KKK to me.

?Am I really your favourite?? I asked her shyly.

LOL she?s not supposed to have favourites! :p

I did as requested, glad that he finally used my name instead of calling me dreadful things.

Hmph maybe he can learn.

I gave him an explanation that he could understand. He was a parent, despite the way he behaved at times. ?She waits for Isa.?

Sometimes, even those who do evil, can emptahise with good deeds of others.

?Ah, go on then! I hate crying children! They are a nuisance.?

I AGREE!!!

I like how you fixed this. It flows much better! :)

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I like that it ties in to wolf Whelp and Grandmothers are wonderful.[face_love] [:D]

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Because "Wolf whelp" ended today I updated here as well and my new update day for "Cat litter" will hence be the Sunday.

:D

Chapter 9: Against all odds

When I woke up I was not in the company of Luçien any longer. Grandfather held me in his arms instead. We were lying in a bed with silk linen in a little, airy room with a lot of transparent curtains. The morning sun shone through the windows. I wore a clean nightgown and my hair was done nicely.

My fingertips glided up and down my plait, my gift of touch unfolding. Luçien had braided my hair, crying all the way through it. I found that touching somehow. He was really guilt ridden. Polysýndeton, his twins, their nanny, Mother, Adamah, Phosphorous; he had mourned them all. Still did.

?Grianán!? Grandfather kissed my hairline. ?You slept through it all.?

I was cross with myself for missing everything. ?What happened??

?The crisis unit came to get everybody off planet. Misera asked me to give you her greetings. Without you, none of this would have been possible.? He continued to stroke my hair. ?You were

6. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    That must be so hard on such a young girl.

Death is always a shock, especially if good byes can't be said. I lost a sister and grandfather that I loved dearly. My grandfather's death was expected but his body was cremated so I never saw him. My sister died from a viral infection that moved to her heart and weakened it to the point that it stopped beating; she died in her sleep. She's been gone nearly seven months now.

A good song to listen to is 'The Curse' from the movie Rigoletto. It's a movie that takes place during the Great Depression and it's about a young girl that loves to sing and has talent but everyone notices another girl in town who is a better singer. Well a disfigured man moves to town and buys the house that the girl's mother rents and to make a long story short the man is a gifted singer/pianist/composer and he teaches her how to tap into her abilities. She goes to a competition and while she's there (she wins) the misunderstanding townspeople beat him so badly that he dies the next morning.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXs6FMdMtmM&feature=related

7. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    The elderly generation is always good for a surprise.

I agree.

Ah, grannies have their own rules.

[face_laugh] that they do

I rather have crying toddlers back than teaching moody teens.

Nah. Moody teens you can tell them to grow up and guilt them. You can also send them out of the room. Can?t do that with babies.

Luçien had braided my hair, crying all the way through it.

Because it makes him think of his daughter?

To return to the Embassy for common meals with Luçien was awkward. Among us, he could allow himself to eat without a veil.

I?ll bet that really was awkward for him, especially at first.

?Right now, Sionnach is still in shock and that protects her like a cocoon. She should not be anywhere near ground zero when she becomes more aware.?

Mph very, very true.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice update with her arguing with Lucien

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    He threw his head back and roared with laughter. When he was more collected, he answered, ?Killing is an art form of a different manner. A pencil cannot keep the enemies of the House Ankou at bay. Nor can a sheet of paper expel the sinners from the soil of Sapuhru.?

I gnawed on my lip, considering. ?Killing is not a nice hobby.?

?Hobby? Your father can afford hobbies as a retired senator and prince consort. I have no hobbies. I have callings and duties.?
    she is gaim arguing with Lucien[face_worried]

=D=

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for the link, dear Misty, and thanks for sharing such a painful chapter of your life with us that openly. [:D]

A good valet always brings subjects straight to the point.

I wonder what you make of the next bit of the chapter, dear bird.

That is typically Grianán for you, dear Gkilkenny. She cannot help that. Especially with him.

Okay dear readers. Our clever, brilliant pants has worked very hard of us to eliminate my mistakes and to get rid of the unnecessary ballast here & there.

The next update mentions a great SF and STAR WARS author. I could not help having [link=http://en.wikipedia.

11. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    :) I'm glad to help!

I had offered Luçien enough distraction from his recent heartbreak. He longed for more.

Stop. Making. Me. Feel. Bad!

?Little girls that stay on the wrong path might get killed by a witch hunter when they are of age.

[face_laugh] Ah, he's so blunt. I do enjoy that, at least.

?Star Wars and unicorns? That is a culture clash, Grianán. You are a serpent-spawn of Cunabula. Blood and darkness should be to your liking.?

Yeah, well, little girls are weird :p

?Real life is different, Grianán. People get hurt and die.?

*shrugs* yeah, so, it doesn't mean they can't be happy along the way.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update with Lucien and his stories

real life books;)

13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Lucien better behave or he's getting nothing for Christmas, or whatever the Star Wars equivalent is.

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Excellent fan art.

not good to be sick or have accidents around Christmas I hope your family will be well.Sending you [face_good_luck]
    and wonderful wishes for Christmas.
    [face_love] Geri.

15. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    This is why I know so much about you, Grianán. Your father loves you very much. He can talk for hours about you.?

He has a strange way of showing his love. *sighs*

?Code 3757, city temple, Polysýndeton, Amnion,? I blurted out.

Smart girl. Straight to the point and giving all necessary information.

Now I cried openly, remembering the burned body of my mother. ?Mom,...she... Dark Side fire... and dad... his heart...?

That must be so hard for her. How can Lucien not see this?

They were in for murder and havoc. Each of them had scary thoughts concerning my family.

Wow. And Grianan knows their thoughts. I'm very surprised she didn't grow up to be embittered or sarcastic towards life and other people.

I was paralysed by a confusing amount of feelings. It amazed me that one single person could have such contradicting thoughts.

Great description of this Hyperion.

?That this is still my house. I thought that made it clear to Kairos. I do not wish to see any of you in here while I am still alive.?

I like how she stands up to them and protects little Grianan.

"Poor Hypoxia. You always were the apple of her eye, yet you have brought her nothing but shame the past years.?

Techne knows how to throw her punches.

?One of the royal freaks has disappeared. A girl. Three years old. Blond curls. Very small and bony. Let us find the little bugger and kill her off! I want her dead before the rest of the city gets destroyed.?

Urgh. Killing a child. :mad:

On the floor, just inches away from me, lay a white piece of cloth. When I picked it up, I saw that it was a hood. It had two holes in it for the eyes.

That made me think about the Ku Klux Klan.

?But I have Midi-chlorians inside me,? I probed.

That's so cute.

?Force user or not, you are family. I will not give you to the blood hounds of the Human League. The primary meaning of my religion is love, and if I am to end up in hell for loving my own granddaughter, so be it.?

YES! I so love Techne for this!

When Luçien finally rushed into my uncle?s office, he reminded me of one of the guardian angels that framed the temple roof. He was a darker version though. There was nothing serene or beatific about him. He had lost his wings long ago and carried his stalwart scimitar at his side. Murder and blood lust lay in his eyes. They could turn yellow any time.

Great description of Lucien. The twin's deaths will have pushed him even further.

I did as requested, glad that he finally used my name instead of calling me dreadful things.

Well, as long as her grandma is here, he will behave. I'm more worried what will happen when they are alone.

I did my best not to put the entire blame on him. He also had paid a high price today.

That is true. Still, I'm surprised she's so calm. She lost family members as well. But maybe it's less terrible for her because she can see the dead and knows that they are fine.

?Don´t!? The new sympathy in his tone sounded genuine, and for all my heart knew, it was. ?Better pity yourself, Grianán.?

Pity yourself for the things you will still have to suffer through, some of them at his hands....grrrrr.....*grumbles*

"We need to get Arcana back to her home world. She clings on to life for her little ones.?

Lucien has his kind moments.

Rarely.

The archbishop thought for a moment. ?All right then. But only because it?s for the children.?

Parhelion seems to have a soft spot for children.

Something exploded inside my skull. I never had believed the night to be so bright and so hauntingly beautiful.

Wah! Don't die! (well, I know she didn't die, obviously...)
    Great line!

[b]Luçien had braided my hair, crying all the way through it. [/b]

Ehm...not sure what to make of this part. Why did he braid her hair? Hm... I think I'll read on.

[b]He was really guilt ridden. Polysýndeton, his twins, their nanny, Mother, Adamah, Phosphorous; he had mourned them all. Still did. [/b]

[face_sad] So sad.
    Don't make me sy

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Reading is important for Gri, being Agathos daughter. And Lucien, being Agathos friend since many years, learnt to be fond of books, too.

Well, Misty, we all know he is a troubled and troublesome person.

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    She's so sweet!

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    [:D]

Must be due to her large consumption of chocolate which is as big as my own!

;)

19. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    During the day, I was allowed to visit him in his office, preferably before breakfast and after I had dressed. He gave as much paper as I desired. The crayons he lent me belonged to the twins.

That?s cute :)

?Life is green.? I glanced up at him expectantly. ?The Living Force is green.?

It is!!

?Do not worry! I will let you know before I come for you, Grianán,? he said calmly. His eyes told me that he was not joking. ?And there will not be any torturing. I will make it quick.?

*thinks about what I just betaed*
    I know he means about killing her, but really? REALLY?!
    No torturing you slimy?RAWR!!!!

?It is just forbidden to mention the dead.

I understand why, but it still makes me sad.

?This is not possible,? He growled. ?This cannot happen to me. I am immune.?

Bull. Get over it and change yourself.

But I needed to understand Luçien.

That?s a frightening concept :p

She was just tired and happy to be re-united with us.

I can?t blame her :)

?Your quick wit is remarkable for a three-year-old. I can feel that the Force is strong in you.?

That?s for sure!

I was upset that nobody saw the real dangers of the Dark Side of the Force. It lay not in the destruction of buildings and life forms, but in the creeping shadows that attacked the goodness of the heart. Healthy minds that had been twisted beyond recognition, and dark ambitions that could be kindled the wrong way. Hate and anger only strengthened negative energy.

I just love this paragraph. It describes the Dark Side perfectly, and the effects of negativity.

?Why would you do that with your soul??

?His had so little light,? I confessed. ?Was that wrong??

1. My freaking question exactly
    2. YES because you?ve stained your soul by doing it. Hmph.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes a sweet girl and having to go through all of this.

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

See, what I just posted for pants.

Anyway, being in Christmas spirit and after having Chilla on the phone last night, congratulating my husband for his birthday. I decided at short notice to give you guys a special Christmas update.

This update is only possible, because pants worked very hard for all of us. Please be so kind and drop her a Christmas PM. She deserves our appreciation. Without her as my beta this fanfic would be full of mistakes.

And here we go, the promised Christmas update:

Chapter 11: Fragments of the past

On-board the space ship, that flew us back to Draconis a couple of hours later, I developed a severe fever. I feared that it had to do my sudden departure from Luçien. I felt so weak without him. It almost hurt me physically.

In addition, fragments of Nanny´s life haunted me. All of the memories were fo

22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I feared that it had to do my sudden departure from Luçien. I felt so weak without him. It almost hurt me physically.

Ugh.

The bad memories of Isabeau were more in number than the good ones, making my blood race.

It makes me feel bad for Gri, but it makes me feel even worse for Isa. :(

?I sleep enough.?

?My sources tell me otherwise.?

Different points of view ;)

?Do not use my name that often,? I suggested bitterly. ?It wears out this way.?

*nods* and he has no bloody power over her.

?Try not to wash your hands in innocence as it is futile!? I yelled. ?You have no idea what you will unleash.?

?I fear, I do. But whatever will be, will be.?

EEEVILLLLLL

?This is Bertha,? Aranea introduced a little toy bantha to me. ?I want her to be with you to remind you how old you actually are.?

[face_laugh]

?Why are you dead?? Aranea asked with a reproachful undertone. ?Could you not have waited until Grianán is better? That was very selfish of you.?

*rolls eyes* What a frelling stupid question.

?You will be the wings that I can wrap my daughter in. You will be the hands that hold her shoulders. You will be the eyes that watch over her. I cannot always be around.?

That?s just gorgeous

23. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Poor child!

I hope that she gains some control over her abilities.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    blending the stories into each other
    wonderful to see all coming together

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

She will heal for now. The trauma was too big and therefore her sense of touch went berserk.

I am glad that you noticed.

O:)Merry Christmas everybody, I must hoover the house before my husband´s family raids us with boxes of Czech Christmas cookies.

Thanks for reading this fanfic. That makes me very happy.

The last year was the most difficult of my life and writing & painting helped a bit deal.

What also helped were you guys.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas & a happy 2012.

Due to the curtsey of our beloved, hard working pants I am able to have another Christmas surprise at hand.

From today on things will get very busy until the 6th January. When I am with my family in Germany & meet a lot of old, dear friends, I do not think that I will be able to update much. Or even be on-line.

My friends made plans to lure me away to the Christmas market (which is held in my home city until the 30th December!!!). Invite me into restaurants. Have shopping trips with me just for the fun of it and not really to buy stuff. Show me all their photos & tell me their stories.

Therefore I decided at short notice, and because pants made this Christmas miracle possible with her sharp mind & even sharper eyes for editing a text, to post a Christmas special right now. (My husband can be busy without me in the kitchen for a while!)

At the end of the chapter Grianán sees a midwinter angel visiting the castle... but I won´t tell more.

In 2012 all updates will be smaller again and just take place on a Sunday. This is not only because pants & I have less work this way, but shorter updates are easier to read & enjoy. Plu