main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter", an attempt to redeem Darksiders, 33rd update, 19th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 4, 2011.

1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Well, that is the only thing I cannot promise you, luv.[/]

LOL yeah, yeah

I do not know what arrangements your cursed mother made with her old mistress, but I insist on spending some time with you before my mad half-sister comes for you.?

Ah, Lucien. Poor Isa

If you would start to feel less guilty about things, then your judgement would not be so clouded all the time.?

So freaking true.

?Is this how the Dark Side sneaked into your heart??

His lips pressed together but he answered me with a calm, even voice. ?No. I was not alert enough in other ways.

I like that he is aware of what?s going on around him, what HAS happened to him and around him. Therefore, he?s able to understand that there is dark in him and that it was his own inattention, his own fault, that didn?t prevent it.

During several occasions he played the violin for me.

Awwwww. More people should definitely know.

?Sionnach is not happy that I do not want to spend the feast days with her and the children.

Well, I mean?can he blame her?

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005

Okay, here as promised my update:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art%20Studies/PB060099.jpg]

I could not hear the entire conversation between Luçien and Sionnach, but I was able to sense their differences. When she finally left, she was very quiet. I watched her vanish into the forest again, hugging herself. She allowed herself to break out in tears when she passed the tree-line.

Luçien joined me at my observation post. ?That did not go well at all,? he muttered.

?That surprises you?? I looked up to him, studying his tense face.

?She takes the whole marriage business more serious than I do. Especially the part of caring for one another. I do not need to be cared of! Why can´t she leave me alone when I want to be? I give her enough time and space to be with Skje. She should concentrate on him. I do not need her attention.?

I took his hands and made him look at me. ?You are blaming her for your mistakes. Again!?

?Grianán!? His eyes turned into slits.

?I understand why you married her. It is about the legacy of Garou´s heritage, right?? It helped to be a royal princess and know about such things. ?But you never explained that to Sionnach. It would have made a big difference. How is she supposed to know everything if you don?t tell her? You never told her about Lisiére either.?

He growled again and tried to rip his hands free of mine. His twin sister´s name held a lot of power still.

I held tight and carefully lifted his fingers to my mouth and kissed them. That always worked for my siblings. It soothed them in unbelievable ways. ?I know I am only eight and should not speak to this like you. But my parents had their problems, too. Children see a lot. More than adults want us to see.?

?Your mother´s marriage was at least a marriage formed by love.? He looked exhausted, but too tired to put up a real fight with me.

I continued, encouraged by his near-silence. ?You were the one who married her without asking. She does not even know that it was an invalid marriage.?

He laughed hollowly and his chest trembled. ?You sound like your grandfather now.?

?Thanks to him, I know a lot about Sionnach.?

Luçien frowned at me. ?Narthex discussed my marriage problems with you??

I frowned at that. ?Of course not. He is a valet. But I am good at filling in the blanks. Got that from him I suppose.?

3. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Actually the mad half-sister is Mórag. Isa is his step-sister via marriage only.

OK then yes, she is QUITE crazy

?But you never explained that to Sionnach. It would have made a big difference. How is she supposed to know everything if you don?t tell her?

Exactly!!

Children see a lot. More than adults want us to see.?

*nods*

?Can?t you see the glory in leaving a being alive now and then??

No, ?cause he has a hard heart.

And I would like to give her back in one piece when her holidays with me are over.?

Well?I guess he DOES see the glory in leaving a being alive :p

We should honour everybody around us to make him or her feel important.

I like that!

For an Elf he was rather hairy.

I like that distinction you make between ?just elf? and ?werewolf elf.?

?Relax, Grianán! When the Commander tells you continuously that you are not on his food list, then you really can believe him.

Yes, well, I?d be nervous too!

That was the moment that I really began to like Commander Taran Cú Síth.

He is definitely fun, entertaining, and a good friend (though a bad enemy).

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the werewolf and his comments on what Lucien is doing.

A nice and funny update

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Very good!

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Maybe not on the food list now, but who knows what will happen later.[face_worried]

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

@};-@};-@};-

I would like to thank everybody who is on my update list, even my busy husband DarthUncle and Chilla, more busy and stressed out than him.

It means a lot to me to have a loyal club of readers, who take interest and care of what I write.

Here is the new update:

The next evening, Taran winked at me, closing a little discussion we had about the obligations of a daughter of the House Tjiehenet. ?Your family has a mountain residence. It will be expected of you to know all the local dances and the entire catalogue of Elfin dances. I will help your father launch you into society when your time has come.?

?That still might be ten sun years from now on

8. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    [b ]Taran was not easily convinced. ?Then you better start liking it, Grianán. It is part of your heritage. [/b]

[face_laugh] Sounds like me to my students sometimes.

?It is licentious NOT to marry a person whom you have children with.?

Then maybe you should have kept it in your pants and waited til you got married first?

?And suddenly I had to bring her into exile.?

How bad did he feel about that?
    And Gri, apologizing now won?t do anything. He has to show that he means it.

?There is no need to raise the dead either. I let them sleep in the ground where they belong.

Ooohhh I agree completely.

?You take the art of Necromancy too lightly, my little dreamer. Its study draws people in with the promise of power and riches. Their souls become corrupted in the process.?

*shudders*

?But evil is everywhere, Grianán. Should we combat it? Ignore it? Is it possible to do both??

Ugh, I hate how true that is. And I don?t think it?s possible to do both.

Am I to promise you that I will never ever talk to any ghosts again??

?That would be sufficient.? He nodded.

Yeah, but it wouldn?t help! Not only do THEY talk to Gri, but they help her too.

?Luçien, you can also do Force lightening. You do not only use it to light the chimney fire. I saw that in Isa´s memories that used it to kill Solitaire.?

Hah! Fair enough!

?You dare to interrogate a nine-year-old girl about witch craft? Who do you think you are? Dawn itself? The incarnation of justice??

While I don?t like Lucien, it really is better to explain to a child as early as possible the dangers of something.

They became enemies when it came to my well-being this was something I had to stop. They needed to stay close friends.

*nods

Good luck with the strike and pay freeze.

And I like the edits you?ve put in :D

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update with all the intrigue and the nice things like making cookies and the snoring;)

11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I'd give him a slap. What a way to treat a child!

12. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Well, that was nice. Since it felt like quite a while ago, I read the two previous updates before reading the last one. I guess I'm too used to long updates! It is a very different experience, just being a reader now (though I do recall some of the earlier versions of this stuff, from some months ago, but they have changed thanks to further work on it by you and Pants, no doubt), nice to be surprised.

I very much like how her meeting and week with Taran turned out.It is odd, or rather, oddly logical I think, how Grianan can be afraid of things, like the child she is. For example with meeting an imposing and rather rough Taran, or fearing what she did with Lucien (the soul bond). And at the same time, on a mental level planning and deliberating things that other children do not (need to) do. It must be weird to understand and see so much, including the darkness in people, but the light too.

It was a nice foreshadowing how you quickly indicate that Grainan, untrained though she is, feels much of what Luciens hands have done when he touches her skin.. Creepy, but I suppose she's used to it (imagine how her mothers hands felt to her sometimes ...).

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

@};-

I can see that my up-date list has a new reader. Correct me if I am wrong, but the following people should be interested in "Cat litter":

* SWpants666
    * earlybird-Obi-Wan
    * Lady_Misty
    * Gkilkenny
    * Chilla
    * DarthUncle

Anybody on or off here? Please tell! I am not a mind reader.

14. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Pants, dearest, we deal with a man here who has severe trouble to open up to others

*grumbles* yeah, yeah

Really though, you do have me feeling bad for him more often than not. And it's funny that I'm so against it now when, with Serpent Spawn, I adored him!! [face_laugh]

And awww, don't worry about it. I don't need a DVD. :)

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Lucien is a demanding kind of person isn't he.[face_shame_on_you]

Maybe a slap or two would put him in his place, or maybe not.[face_worried]

Happy birthday dear friend and I received the chrissy package.[:D] @};-

Hope all goes well with the strike.[face_good_luck]

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am evil, I know. [face_devil]

Anyway, here is my promised update:

On my last evening, we played cards together. When I had won a series of three games I was asked if I could sing for them before I went to bed. I chose some ancient songs from Terra. They had the solemn effect that I wanted them to have. Especially the song ´Lily white, comely queen´.

?This day day dawes
    this gentil day day dawes
    this gentil day day dawes
    and i must home gone
    this gentil day dawes
    this day day dawes
    this gentil day dawes
    and we must home gone.

In a glorious garden grene
    sawe i sitting a comly quene
    among the floures that fresh bene
    she gaderd a floure and set betwene
    the lily whighte rose me thought i sawe
    the lily whighte rose me thought i sawe
    and ever she sang.

In that garden be floures of hewe
    the gelofir gent that she well knewe
    the floure-de-luce she did on rewe
    and said ´the white rose is most trewe
    this garden to rule by rightwys lawe´
    and ever she sang.

His gentle deed in glory who was proud and grand
    so I sit here a lilly white comely queen
    gentle fear beheld that saw she did love anew
    in his blossom a flower most true
    and for knoweth lilly white virgin queen.?

My innocence and honesty came through the lyrics and music of the song. I had seen those two traits make people cry. It was a Force gift I had inherited from those who had taken advantage of their enthralled victims. Some had been simply murdered, others were turned into slaves. Luçien had his good reasons to be that fanatic about Force witches.

I had witnessed the destruction that such temptation could lead a person to. I would never be able to step on that path of evil. Through my songs, I made this known.

Luçien and Taran were subdued as I kissed them good-night. Neither spoke until I was almost out of the room.

?Sleep tight,? Luçien said.

Taran rose. ?Shall I come up with and position myself between your bed and the door, lassie? Just in case??

Luçien snorted, affronted.

?Thanks for the generous offer, Carcra, but it will not be necessary.? I started moving upstairs.

The silence behind me was ear shattering.

I had an idea. ?If it makes you all feel better, we can all camp downstairs. And you both can keep an eye on me tonight.?

It took them almost no time to move my mattress downstairs. They both decided to sleep on sofas on opposite sides of me.

We did not all go to sleep immediately. There was much storytelling and even a midnight snack. Deep in their hearts, which other thought to be twisted and evil, the realm´s most merciless killers were very lonely men.

Father came for me on the morning of the solstice. Grandfather was with him, of course. Both were in midwinter spirits. They sang a song at the door step before they entered the lodge.

We all had breakfast together, which extended into the early afternoon, due to all the food Luçien offered us. But at a point it was time to say good-bye.

I started with Taran who immediately gave me

17. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    the song ´Lily white, comely queen´.

It is a beautiful song.

My innocence and honesty came through the lyrics and music of the song.

Those words, as well as the lyrics, make me wish I could hear her sing it.

?If it makes you all feel better, we can all camp downstairs. And you both can keep an eye on me tonight.?

And see, that sounds fun :D

?My step-sister loves music,? he explained. ?It holds her madness in place. Learn that instrument, Grianán. Save you, it can.?

I believe it! Music is what holds life together (along with books/stories). :)

?Daná!? I called up the Adansonia tree that my twin sister was sitting on. ?Come down quick!?

She answered telepathically, ?You get your lazy arse up here, sunshine.?

Sighing, I jumped and with the help of the Force I went to sit next to her.

?See,? she commented smugly. ?There was no reason for me to climb down or for you to yell. Isabeau has jolly good ears and you?re acting as if this letter contains a secret.?

All of that made me laugh. It?s childish and sisterly.

?I want a little niece that I can spoil. She will grow up like a real princess and I will not allow anybody to give her sword lessons or any kind of weapon training.?

*snorts* Little spoiled ?princess-like? nieces are boring. My youngest is going to be a Batman-football-Star Wars loving techie. ;)

?Oh, Gri!? Tenderly Daná ransacked through my dreadlocks. ?You are not a great romantic, are you??

HA! Oh yes, yes she is.

?There will be a baby shower for our niece. And Isa had better enjoy herself.?

I will agree with Dana on this one!!!

18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Yes, Pants, a pretty song.

Baby girls are so sweet, but so are baby boys.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely song and a sweet update

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And her visions of the future will not agree with Isa. As I already described in "Serpent-Spawn".

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Obiwan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my delinquent tendencies".

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see all the connections between the stories.

23. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Hearing dark prophecies about the Chosen One must be terrifying.

I loved the lines borrowed from the movies.

24. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I found it! It?s chilling to hear (in a good way), and so calming. Her voice is amazing.

After those words were out of her mouth, she went berserk. The Force controlled her body and sent seizures through it. She spat dark prophecies about the Chosen One. It was dreadful to see.

It?s dreadful to read :(

She gave me a sharp look. ?I am not Mórag. I do not do titles. Call me Helygen.

I like her :D

Daná kissed me, strangely tearful. ?You better keep practising your martial arts until we next meet again, or I will bash your skull in straight away.?

[face_laugh]
    Ah, sometimes Dana humours me. Other times she really irritates me.

?Èleos, quick! Luna wants to get kissed by you.?

Hah! Siblings

?We have been able to secure you a position where you can be Luçien?s protégée until Mórag requires you.?

I know that it?s beneficial for her, but I still mutter about it.

25. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    I bet Helygen would like Yoda, though I don't know if she'd appreciate him putting those mushrooms into his horrid soups. Maybe it would explain his speech pattern ...

So this is how Grianan is publically shipped off to Morag just after the sweet lovable baby is announced, only to secretly being put in a position to work on Lucien for some years - eh, sorry - only to be educated by her more sane, though deteriorating brother while every one else is unaware (as we could read in Snake Spawn and Wolf Whelp, everyone seems to think her in the clutches of Her Unholy Darkness).