main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter", an attempt to redeem Darksiders, 33rd update, 19th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 4, 2011.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005

Luçien was already standing outside when our small star ship arrived above his hunting lodge. He gave a friendly wave when we became visible through the view port. As soon as the ramp came down he stood on it, ready to help with the luggage. He wore his leisure clothing - a comfortable leather trouser, a wide Udaler shirt and high riding boots.

First Luçien shook hands with both Father and Grandfather. Then I received a bright smile from him. He would not touc

2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    He would not touch me or give me a hug with others around. That was not in his cultural upbringing.

That really does make me sad.

?Do not be frightened! Apparition does not hurt. Just hold on to me.?

Say that to those who Splinch themselves in Harry Potter!! :p

When he stayed with me, he would only speak in the languages that I had learned in the past and hold a relaxed conversation with me.

Nice way to maintain those skills and to remain relaxed.

His patience with me was flawless, but my cooking skills were not.

[face_laugh]
    I?m glad you changed it :)

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update with the caring Lucien

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    A sweet moment!

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Baby girls and boys are both sweet and cute[:D]

She spat dark prophecies about the Chosen One. It was dreadful to see.

It is a shame they couldn't have done something about the future.o_O

It is a lovely song and a beautiful post.=D=

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

[face_dancing]

I might have a second job from Monday on. So I will work fulltime from Mondays to Fridays and, being a teacher, even in the weekends.

Therefore I am glad that pants edited the greatest bulk of this fanfic already and that she make all the past 26 updates possible. Thanks, dearest!

[:D]:*[:D]

Anyway, here is another up-date now!

Chapter 19: The confession

Now and then, Father and Grandfather visited us at the lodge. Sometimes even Taran came, when he was, as he put it, ´in the right frame of mind´. The commander suffered dearly from his old war injuries. Being exposed to Force lightening far too often had a great influence on his brain functions. Around Luçien and me, he was always relaxed and happy though. Somehow we were able to clear his head and keep him positive for days on end until his primal instincts took over and he would have to leave for a brief time.

All in all, my life consisted of music, art, history, politics, dancing, languages, strategy games, writing letters, secret sword fights and visits of dear persons.

When autumn came, colouring the leaves of the deciduous trees in breathtaking hues, the official hunting season had begun. Luçien scheduled a meeting with Parhelion and Dran Syn od Kerb. I still had not met the young noble man from the Eastern Prairies. For some reason, he was hidden away from me.

Taran, already feeling the excitement of the hunt, had run off without Luçien, leaving the entrance door wide open. The smells of the awaking forest wafted in.

I had come downstairs, already dressed and ready to start the day. Luçien did not like me to loiter around in my nightgown. He was more strict with me than he had ever been with Isabeau. But he explained more of his actions to me.

?I know you are used to a lot, Grianán,? he said, ?But I would rather have you not come down when t

7. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Luçien did not like me to loiter around in my nightgown.

Which is understandable, especially given the company he keeps. At least Gri understands.

?Taran did something stupid, did he not?? I concluded.

[face_laugh]
    I know it?s not a funny situation, but her reaction tickles me.

?His heart is broken beyond repair. The shock was too great. He will either become a Dark Sider like your mother or chose suicide.?

?That is not true. Not Sereno. He enjoys life to its fullest.?

:(

And now I need to concentrate on the baby again. It does not stop crying.?

Ugh, annoying!
    Singing helps! :)

As a toddler I had not paid much attention to him. Now I took the time to study him.

Ah, the price of growing up.

Luçien pressed me firmly against him. His heartbeat was loud and fast. ?Due to her mother´s dark past, Grianán is in danger of the Holy Inquisition. I cannot stop her
    from fulfilling her destiny in the future, I fear, but I can give her some years of stability and happiness.?

Adequate reasoning, believable reasoning, and ? as he & Gri?s father are friends ? not all that weird. Parhelion can?t see anything too odd about it.
    (well, okay, he can, but Lucien gives good reasons)

But never dare to criticise my relationship with Grianán again. I am an adult and many years her senior. This something that I will never abuse.

HA! But she?ll make you!
    See, this almost makes me like Lucien. Almost.

8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I'm liking Lucien more and more.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I second that. Lucien is really complex but with a nice core

10. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    It remains interesting, both the story itself and your efficient yet emphatic description of how they settle in together (your previous update), as well as to see how it changed since the time you would come to me every week(day) with a new bit you had written, and to finally fit in pieces that you recently read out to me too.

Having hoovered today, I sort of see where the inspiration for that came from :p
    Was great by the way, watching them together, one after the other. Having to wait half a year in between was quite tough!
    Yes, true, and even then it takes a lot of reading, and using the language, to get proficient, once you have the sounds down sufficiently.

It will be pretty busy, but I think the job is a great thing for the future too, as the other school might not have a place for you next year (with their troubles), it's a higher class of education so that you can use the fact of being native German better in education, and you will possibly have the change to finally teach English again, in the Netherlands.

Besides, I'll keep cooking, creating a nice meal when you get home, don't worry. We know you do better than Grianan in the kitchen when you focus on it, but I'll still try to give us some very tasty meals!

By the way, Parhelion, at this point, is an old bore, and a bit of a creep. But he also has a sharp eye. It is partly tainted by prejudice, but still sees some of the truth clearer than his little brother. I am sure he'll learn to appreciate Graian, and realise that his own way of dealing with his brother is less healthy than hers, ultimately.

And Heulwen, she seems a bit spoiled and weird in Wolf Whelp, with perhaps too much jealousy of everyone else that had Lucien's care, though in Cat Litter she just seemed wilful, cute and clever kid. Come to think of it though, that act of doing what she thought her Grandfather would have wanted (his ashes dispersed in the ocean of Amnion), did get Isabeu, Lucien's half-sister with a complicate bond of hate/love to him, killed. Not her intention, I'm sure, but I think she might be a bit of tragic figure, that little girl.

On to the new update. Hm, did you read parts of this to me recently, the part with Heulwen? Wait, you (re?)wrote bits of this over the Christmas holiday while in Germany and had me read it to you in the 2nd week of January, when you were back here, right? I fear that's on camera?[face_worried]

I recall that we discussed how I liked that you show that while Lucien is evasive and closed to Sionnach, Grianan is closed to various

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    It is wonderful that DarthUncle is there to help you, I had the same with my husband when I was working long hours and he got home before me. He would have dinner on the table when I arrived home. So sweet.
    Good luck with the new job.[face_love] [face_good_luck] =D=

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

That is good to hear, dear Misty, but the story is not finished yet. It will be an emotional roller coaster. Please keep me updated how your feelings for him are. I am always curious on this one. :D

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the caring Lucien when she is becoming a woman.

A nice and fitting update for Valentine

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Did you also notice something else?

Less italics and broad words.

:D

I went backwards until Chapter 10. The rest needs to be done during the holidays and it will also help "Human heritage" in future.

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    When my sister started she knew what had happened but instead of asking for our mother she asked for me.

I knew that I was becoming a woman but it was still startling to see the results of it. No little kid shirts and pads. [face_blush]

That was sweet of Lucien to comfort her.

16. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Pancakes would be preferable to that herb concoction.[face_sick]

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

18. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    ?You should not touch me!? I called out. ?The rules of your people forbid that.?

?Oh,? he beamed. ?I will do penance for overstepping them later. This should be a happy occasion, Grianán. You have now crossed into young adulthood.?

:rolleyes:
    To be fair, when company isn?t around, he truly doesn?t show care for the rules.

?I also could use my Force healing powers on your pain, but I want you to deal with it by yourself.

A good idea

?I would love so much to tell him about you. That you never abandoned him. That you always stayed his guardian angel, even though his own deeds forced you to do that from a distance.?

Aww. I think he would like that very much too.

The Gwyllion led a secret and calm life, always alert of possible invaders. Their cousins, the Daoine Side and Sleah Maith, conducted murderous raids on them, which they called ´the Clearances´. It was an almost innocent word for all the bloodshed and destruction that was caused.

:mad:

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

I already update today because I will be gone to my parents in Germany tomorrow. Travelling on Sunday morning is better than travelling Saturday afternoon with a large migraine.

Next week I will not be on-line at all, because I will be in the Harz Mountains. To be precise, at the ski club house. There we have no internet access. I look forward to a nice week of skiing, painting, writing, walking and enjoying myself with NOT school related things.

Having two jobs at two different schools in two different cities pushes me a bit to the limit so I better go back to my roots during the brief winter holidays.

And here is my current update for you guys. Grianán has two more teachers now.

Chapter 20: Silent all these years

?One sun year should be enough,? Helygen told me through the dense smoke of the sage fire. ?Your body and mind are flexible. Your Force powers considerable. Before me you had other teachers. They did good work. Normally I would start training you as a toddler, but I can work with you due to your background.?

I coughed a bit, because the sage burned strongly in my lunges. ?What do you want to teach me exactly about the Unifying Force??

?Becoming one with it completely. Not via the mudras that Clementia taught you on the Holy Isle though. There are other ways.? She poked my chest. ?Your body is just a vessel. But your soul, it can dance between the stars and the planets.?

?How?? I asked curiously.

?The Force is everything, and everything is the Force,? Helygen chuckled. ?Once you realize that, Grianán, you can leave your body behind like a snake leaves behind its old skin. Your spirit within is perfect, whole, and aligned with the Force. It never dies. It cannot be injured, hurt, or betrayed for it is perfect.?

The words came automatically. Èleos had put them into my heart a long time ago. ?There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.?

Helygen was delighted. Her owl like eyes shimmered brightly. ?Now I understand why the son of the Skywalker was so keen on having you for himself.?

20. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Yay, vacation!

?Becoming one with it completely. Not via the mudras that Clementia taught you on the Holy Isle though. There are other ways.? She poked my chest. ?Your body is just a vessel. But your soul, it can dance between the stars and the planets.?

Such a beautiful way of dexribing it.

Look, the Unifying Force has no sides. We do. Every Force user has to decide for himself or herself.

*nods* 100% agreed

Another trade that I shared with my power animal was that we were both keepers of secrets.

Oooohhh yes

?You already are an animal. Reptile genes in a human body.?

Yep, she?s definitely not one to mince words.

I hate how she thinks Gri is tainted because of it :(

She crooked an eyebrow. ?Marquise Riwalan raised a little fighter, I see. Perhaps you can serve the Holy Inquisition as a punisher like your mother did.?

UGH just shut up.

That did not convince me. It was the most dreadful death one could imagine for a two-year-old boy.

:_|

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I wanted to change s.th. in Chapter 2 and ended up here instead. Perhaps it is my migraine or my thread acts weird. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyway, here is my update list. Anyone on or off? Please tell!

* SWpants666, our brilliant main editor
    * Chilla
    * earlybird-Obi-Wan
    * Lady_Misty
    * Gkilkenny
    * DarthUncle, husband & muse

PS: Bird, did you notice? The amount of i and b is less now. Starting with Chapter 1!

23. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
  24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Ooh because of the shaman way that Helygen introduces Gri to?

Or ooh because of Mórag who is mean and loony?

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the update and yes I noticed that;)

Great flowing read