main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter", an attempt to redeem Darksiders, 33rd update, 19th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 4, 2011.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That was the point, dear bird.

:D

See you again when I am back from the Mountains and the date that you suggested for a meeting is okay.

2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I think the Ooh was the shaman way. I don't remember at the moment.

3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Anyway, thanks for trying to remember, dear Misty!

*is back from the mountains & had fun most of the time*

But I also caught a dreadful cold. That is less fun. Especially with that red, swollen nose of mine. The amount of handkerchiefs that I need is amazing.

Anyway, let me present my next update to you guys.

I hope Chilla who is rather busy with her studies these days catches up with us soon. It was nice to see her and Shawnkyr in person again two weekends ago.

Gkilkenny seems also to enjoy herself more off-line and hopefully on her boat.

As for my husband DarthUncle, he tries to drop a comment here and there. I know, I know, I know.

Anyway, I need to update today because my parents will drive me back to the Netherlands. We start rather early tomorrow morning and they will be off again Sunday afternoon. Then I need to prepare my lessons for Monday & correct class tests for Tuesday.

Okay, here we go again. Grianán is now in training and in the hands of her godmother Mórag.

Warning: Physical torture.

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art%20Studies/PB080005.jpg]

While my slow descent into the heart of darkness began, I found understanding in the tortured souls of both my mother and Luçien. In learning of the reasons for their actions, I was able to make different choices for myself.

Mórag punished me more than once for my insubordination, but I bore that with dignity. We both knew she could not damage my body permanently for I was a royal serpent-spawn. The political consequences would have been too catastrophic. She was too clever to provoke another Star Wars on my behalf. Her personal reasoning though was that I had rare gifts that were too precious to destroy.

On its own, Clairsentient was the most commonly overlooked psychic ability. My power in it though was augmented by other psychic skills. I could not help being a ´seeker of truth´, an iarrthóir na fírinne. For me, the past was entombed in the presence, always.

Over the course of the sun year, Mórag took me with her on her journeys like a lap dog. During Force witch trials, I had to gather evidence and present it to her. She knew exactly when I was withholding information, and punished the accused even more dearly for my act of rebellion.

One afternoon I killed a young boy out of mercy before Mórag could do her worst. I Force choked him quick and efficiently, breaking his neck with my telekinetic powers.

?You consider yourself very clever, Grianán,? my godmother shouted at me, not caring that the entire village witnessed our dispute.

?Actually I don´t,? I answered calmly and knelt in front of her, my head bent down and my arms stretched away from my body. ?I am but a vessel of the Force. The light side of it.?

A murmur went through the village hall.

I did not look up to see that Mórag had dragged the boy´s younger sister out of the crowd by her hair. ?The more you tighten your grip, the more you will lose it to the dark side,? I commented softly, but audible to everybody. ?This is not about diminishing evil; this is about you being hurt.?

Invisible hands broke the bones in all of my fingers. I cried soundlessly, biting my lip to prevent myself from screaming.

?Anything more you have to say, or do you want the girl to share her brother´s fate?? Mórag spoke triumphantly.

?You took the last living family member from her.? I looked up, dizzy with pain. There was more than one bone fracture piercing my skin. ?Nothing that you can do to her can be possibly compare with that pain she feels inside. Death will only be a relief.?

A single bolt of Force lightening went through me. I convulsed and fell on my back.

?You are a hopeless case,? my godmother cried. ?You never do what you are told and you never shut up.?

With that, she stalked away and left me on the floor. The parish community looked uncertainly down on me. Two men, who had thus far masked their presence, moved forward to help me

4. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I think I hate Morag.

5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    ^You think? ;)

We both knew she could not damage my body permanently for I was a royal serpent-spawn.

Yeah, but she?ll get as close as possible, the witch.

Invisible hands broke the bones in all of my fingers. I cried soundlessly, biting my lip to prevent myself from screaming.

See? I?m so glad Gri got away from her.

?Can you tell me how you intended to play harp with twelve broken fingers and bones sticking out like the prickles of a hedgehog??

At first I wanted to *snerk* and then the implication of his words hit me.
    Morag truly is terrible.

You should be at the royal court, having sweethearts like your sisters do. But your blasted mother forced you down on her path, playing an aire échta for my mad half-sister.?

AGREED!

?I also fear that your brother is up to something, but I can see no way to stop him. Perhaps you can stick to him for a while and let me all about it.?

[face_laugh] The two of them together do cause their own trouble ;)

I was asked to teach music, art, and history. And when we were not in the classroom, I taught the children about life and love.

And it?s so wonderful to read of. It makes me smile.

A hooded person stood in the middle of the room, radiating the madness of the Dark Side. And all around Luçien were my students, dead.

:_|

And yet she will still stand up for him.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes Morag is real bad and leaving us with a cliffie;)

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Ooh Morag is worse than Lucien[face_worried]
    I am tainted in your eyes, because you want me to be so. Parhelion has the same problem with me. You are truly siblings. Luçien is less fanatic than the two of you.?

and now the next chapter and I'm sure Morag is evil and someone should run her through.[face_laugh] [face_devil]

sorry you came back with a cold. Hope your feeling better now.[:D]

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am way better and thanks for commenting again, dear Gkilkenny!

Well, I have more for you and anybody else. To be honest I am very excited to post this. It was not easy for me to write this, but I did.

Jacen harming family members and beloved ones inspired me writing this.

I also could not help wondering about the tattoos of Ventress and many of the sith in the Legacy comic series.
    Grianán had to pay the price for my curiosity. I myself would never go for tattoos.

When I watched "The girl with the dragon tattoo" on ZDF, a German TV channel, around Christmas 2011 I was spooked out a bit. Such a great movie, even though it is very violent.

It was also funny, because I wrote the following update also around Christmas. But Christmas 2010!!!

Another funny coincidence is that I bought all the three books of the Millenium trilogy during my winter holidays 2012. And today, after having finished reading book 2, I come to post this update.

Warning: Physical torture.

I woke up lying on my belly in the empty common room. Iron shackles bound me to the low table I was on. Instead of freeing myself with the Force or making myself known to Lucien, I wanted to know what would happen. I had to find out what he was capable of. So much depended on it.

?I left you alive for one reason only, Force witch.? His smooth voice sent waves of pain through my throbbing skull. ?You will bear a message from me to Her Holiness!?

Something told me it was not a message that would be written with ink, pergamentus and a feather. A knot of terror built within me.

When I went to reach out in the Force, one of his hands flashed out to grab a fistful of my hair, yanking my head upwards. At the same time, one of his leather boots came down on my back very hard. Two ribs broke, maybe three. I was shocked to be exposed to such ruthless violence.

?Don´t make me destroy you!? His words were like cold wind in my ears.

While I sent tables, chairs, plates, goblets and cutlery flying against him, his boot was pressing more and more against my spine. He swept the attacking objects away as if they were just little sand flies.

?You are beaten,? he ensured me coldly.

One of his leather gloves sailed by my face, shortly followed by the second one. I dreaded the reason for this action. A Lidérc male never displayed his hands in public. As expected, bolts of electricity erupted from Luçien´s fingertips.

My light shield did not hold up against the aggressiveness of his Force lightening for very long. He was stronger than I had given him credit for. And I had not been ruthless enough to best him. Pain crackled into my skin, making me cry out and jerk against my bonds.

Luçien informed me casually, ?It is useless to resist.?

The air was loaded with blue electricity, hurting my already sore eyes. The same electricity continued to race through my veins, poisoning them.

Again he struck down.

I heard my own voice whimpering, as if it was coming from someone else. As if it had gained a life on its own.

Luçien could have killed me easily, but my death was not his goal. His skills with his arcane Force gift allowed him to keep me conscious. There was no mercy.

My vision was blurred with exhaustion and tears, when suddenly an item of frightening familiarity dangled in front of my nose. I felt one of his hands dig deep into my hair. A torture mask for Force sensitives.

When he wrenched me backwards, I was forced to stare directly into his gleaming eyes. The mad abyss of the dark side reigned them. He was alone out there, lost in the darkness that he had created by his own doing. That drove me more to despair than anything else. How was I ever to help him, when the situation was so bleak?

?Now the real work can begin.?

10. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Iron shackles bound me to the low table I was on. I felt rather exposed clad only in my underwear, yet I remained calm.

Its horrible and rape-like.

Luçien could have killed me easily, but my death was not his goal. His skills with his arcane Force gift allowed him to keep me conscious. There was no mercy.

I really can't stand him, redemption or not.

For me, that mantra did not work. It was even more impersonal than the touch of Luçien.

:( :( I truly hate that she couldn't block him out.

?It is handy that I know remedies for Force lightening injuries. It helps that I was a victim of them in the past.? Taran pressed one of his pointed ears against my chest.

*hugs for Taran*

This may make her stronger mentally (and maybe even physically) but she definitely didn't deserve that torture. Stupid. Lucien.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    that's what the evil of the dark side brings to Lucien. He is now like Vader and Jacen

12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Lucian needs his brain checked.

13. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Very good work with this story. :)

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

I tried to piece together where I had failed. My enthusiasm for redeeming Luçien certainly had not been helpful.

Whu bother trying I think there is no hope for Lucien,

Gripping chapter =D=

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Okay, a short test for the update list:
    * SWpants666
    * Lady_Misty
    * earlybird-Obi-Wan
    * Gkilkenny
    * DarthUncle
    * Chilla
    * Tyrannus230

Anybody on or off?

However, here my new update for you all:

While Taran carried me towards the infirmary, I felt weightless and airy. I was like seed fluff, that the wind takes from the meadows on its journey through the mountains.

?When you went away to join the beanmna feasa Luçien became gloomy. He really pined for you, even read some of your love novels. Then one thing led to another when Parhelion began to visit him too often, filling his ears with religious talk. You know how pious our tom-cat can be and how unhealthy that is for his direct environment.?

We entered the infirmary.

?I started to join Luçien, Parhelion and Dran on their hunting trips, because I missed the comradeship of the army. I kept telling myself that we would master the art of madness together, Luçien and I. But soon I disliked his methods. I am not cruel by nature, and witch hunting is another matter than destroying a Force witch in one clean go.?

A single tear ran from my eyes on to his pale skin. He shivered a slight bit before continuing.

?Soon there was too much fighting, too much disagreement on how things should be done. The tension built up over the years. I told the boys beforehand that it would be my last raid with them. There is more honour in attacking a single bean feasa in the open than using the Force to wipe them all out in their own home. However, I would not stop being their companion.?

I liked his definition of honour better than Luçien?s. Also his hunting methods were more accurate and fair.

?I cou

16. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    ?When you went away to join the beanmna feasa Luçien became gloomy. He really pined for you

Mph, well he needs to suck it up.

I told the boys beforehand that it would be my last raid with them. There is more honour in attacking a single bean feasa in the open than using the Force to wipe them all out in their own home.

:) I love Taran.

And :( Poor, poor Gri.

?You were born into the Mother Jungle of Cunabula. To be aligned with the Living Force is essential for you.?

*nods* Agreed

Álainn was the only woman I was ever intimate with. The rest I simply ate. I am not a rapist or murderer.?

It made me feel better hearing this. All the legends about him were wrong.

It?s quite unfortunate that people listen to rumours, not only in this story, but IRL as well.

May our paths not cross again soon! I might not be in my right state of mind then.

*mutters* At least he has a reason for it!! AND HE WARNS HER!

I can't believe we're at this part already!

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    At least she's recovering.

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    She is recovering and being surrounded by greenery. That sure is nice

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Lovely autumn weather and she is on the road to recovery.
    Nice=D=

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yepp, Gri´s life is not always bleak and horrible.:)

22. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Good surroundings for the healing. [face_good_luck]

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hi Ty! A belated Saint Patrick´s Day from me and a new update. That you hopefully like as well.

My husband took basically care that I survived the last 48 hours.

I do not know which virus hit me, but I lost 4 kilogram between Saturday night and Monday night. Still weak and dizzy. Get feed a lot of chicken soup, dry bread and have to drink tons of tea.

But here my update and mind public transport (dangerous places obviously!) and being a school teacher (working with too many student who aim at one´s health too, even without solemn purpose).

Since I started teaching I seem to pick up the rarest viruses. Must wear an invisible sign saying: ´Please enter system!´

Anyway, once I skim my e-mails, I can also update for my enthusiastic readers because the big move is on us and then nobody knows when we all can update fanfic, fanart and threads again.

Chapter 22: Breathe

Mórag swept into the infirmary with the swiftness of a winter storm. My heart sank when I beheld her temper. The plants around me became grey as ash; the leaves curled up and crumpled into dust.

I swallowed against a surge of nausea. My stomach was not stable enough to master another meeting with the dark side so soon.

Her voice was like the cry of an attacking raven. ?Why do you look like one of your ancestors? Are you already practising how to be a mummy??

My answer was faint. ?I am also happy to see you, godmother.?

?Spare me the niceties, Grianán!? she yelled. ?They are all dead. An entire generation of beanmna feasa! I saw their graves in the in-yard.?

My shoulders tightened. Inspiration struck me. ?I would have joined them in death, if I could have. Luçien had other plans for me. As it is, I have a message for you.?

?More messages?? Mórag spat. ?You seem to think that I nothing better to do than read from dusk until dawn. You mistake me with your father.?

It was pure and mindless madness, but I answered, ?With all the investigations going on and bonfires burning, no. You are very occupied bringing order and peace to the realm, just as your half-brothers claim to do with their own cleaning actions.?

?Careful!? she warned me.

My skin prickled though I stood firm. With slow movements I started removing the bandage around my left arm.

Dumbstruck, Mórag looked at me when the damage became obvious. ?Tattoos of the Brotherhood of Shadows??

I started freeing my head. ?Yes, and they are spinning all over my body. Once Luçien started writing, there was no way stopping him.?

?But he cares for you! How...?? She was bewildered

?His hate for you clouds his judgement. He did not recognize me in the least.?

I heard a soft gasp, when my face was bare. Cold anger exploded around her, causing currents in the Force. I felt gritty, but I held her gaze with my own. I caught a glimpse of my reflection in her midnight like pupils. I looked very young and vulnerable and lost. Was that hairless creature really me? My lips gave a bitter smile.

?Luçien merely wished to make a point. No more arrests. No more investigations. No more torture. No more bonfires.?

Mórag drew breath to speak, but then she shook her head. She was speechless, disgusted by the proposition.

I had not finished. ?Do me the favour and agree to this peace treaty! I do not wish to be trapped between the two of you again. Get it over with or more will end up hurt or dead.?

She stood fixed like an exquisite marble statue. ?I will not be emotionally blackmailed. Neither by Luçien nor by you.?

My fingers cramped into the bedlinen. What was it with Darksiders and their lack of vision? Their lack of sympathy; their lack of humanity; their lack of everything.

I dragged myself up to sit cross-legend on the bed. Sweat trickled all over me. ?As if I had the power to bring changes to your iron rule. You make me so tired.?

It was a challenge, but I had been silent all these sun years.

?If you could hear yourself at times, godmother! How can you be so unreal? You are the darkness that you try to fight. It is yo

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    action packed update with a cliffie before the move?

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I know I can be mean, dear bird.

[face_devil]

But considering the move and my spare free time, SWpants hards editing & beta work, I give you all the rest of this chapter.

Oh and before I forget mentioning it, an traditional Irish blessing is in it:

In the fever visions that followed my rescue, I was consistently tempted by the dark side of the Force. Unlimited power was offered to me by my ancestors if I only freed them from their tombs and sought new bodies for them. Luçien promised me to be my slave for all eternity; as long as I did what he said, dark pleasures would be mine. He would even take my constant pain away by healing my bones. I declined all.

Taran stayed at my side like a loyal brother-in-arms. It was very touching. He let me rest in his solid embrace. Cool compresses were put on my brow continuously. He shared his body warmth with me when I broke into shivers. His hands kept me safe from harm.

Cearcall a claidheamh. Circle of the Sword.

But the best part was the singing. Taran knew many songs of his ancient race. I liked to listen to them, no matter how sad and longing they were. Sometimes he sang of war, too. Of the glory of the battlefield; the ruthlessness of the Elfin warriors cutting down Ophidea like trees; werewolf corps fighting against Lidérc. Claw against claw. Fangs hurting each other. Violent words of dark beauty. I liked them, too. They stirred something in my blood.

Cearcall as oran. Circle of the Song.

Now and then there were hot beverages. They tasted awful, but they made me feel better with each sip that I had to take. I also heard spells of Elfin magic, arcane and furious. My Mid-chlorians did not fight against them. They embraced the star dust they carried. Creation had started this way once.

Cearcall a drùidheachd. Circle of the Spell.

Outside the winter ruled the land.

One evening I woke up completely fever free. Taran threw his head back and howled with unconcealed happiness. ?Out of the dark, back to the light.?

Soon I was allowed to get up and walk a little around. My legs were not used to holding my weight, so Taran supported me gallantly. During one occasion he told me, ?When I picked up your trail, you were reeking with illness. There was also fresh blood. From my experiences with Darksiders I concluded you were in a hostage situation. Know the mission, know your enemy, achieve the mission, kill the enemy. That´s all I need. It´s all any soldier needs.?

I sighed.

He looked down at me. ?I did not want to take any risks with Mórag. The rancor was harder to get down. It was a pity that you were squeezed between them. Without your light shield you would be dead as well. But I counted on the Force protecting its most valuable adept.?

Taran had burned both Mórag and the rancor and put their ashes in small graves. It was a conciliating gesture with a system he hated.

?Thank you!? I whispered, tears dripping from my eyelashes. ?I appreciate that very much.?

I swore to myself that I would get the Order off his back. No bean feasa would hunt him down for Mórag´s unfortunate death. Taran was simply a soldier who did not know any different way to react. About a thousand sun years ago he had sworn an oath to protect and survive. He still lived up to it.

?I also thank you for burying my students and my friends.?

?Don´t mention it,? he murmured.

?Can you forge another letter for me?? I breathed, looking down on the graves, hard in the frosty air.

?There is no need. Mórag knew your qualities.? Taran placed an envelope in my hand. The seal was open. ?Before I burned her I searched her thoroughly. She had this document in her possession. I took the liberty of reading it. It happens to be her testament.?

I stared at him in shock, and his large hands caught me before I could crumb