main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter" (re-loaded), an old fanfic in a new coat

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 8, 2012.

1. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Well, so far that sure was more simple than I imagined. Of course 'now is when the fun begins' :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Stay put, dear bird, and you will find out!

Awww, despite packing my bag about 570 kilometers away from me you had time to read the last update. Well, perhaps, husband mine, you can read THIS update here, when you are back in Deventer on Sunday night:

Visually, I was a whirlwind of doom, but inside I remained as calm as the eye of a storm. I used fast and powerful blocking techniques on my attackers. My shoulders, arms, elbows and hands did not only disarm several soldiers but caused serious injuries, mostly open bone fractures.

It was not my aim to kill, but to delay my irrevocable arrest. I needed to win time for the evacuation going on down below in the former torture chamber. My final plan was to talk to Heulwen, even though it might be the last thing that I ever did in life. But I believed her to be redeemable.

“Princess Grianán, what an unexpected pleasure,” said somebody in a broad Terran accent.

All the remaining soldiers around me froze. Then the first man saluted curtly; the rest quickly did the same.

I admired Admiral Zahn for leading the ground troops. Like my ancestors, he wanted to be in the middle of action instead of watching from a safe distance. He obviously did not ask his men to do something he wouldn’t do himself. Mother would have approved of it very much.

“Oh, nein, das Vergnügen ist ganz meinerseits, Admiral,” I bowed gracefully. It would have been unwise to show this man anything but respect. Oh, no the pleasure is mine, Admiral.

“How have you come to speak my mother´s language?” he asked with surprise and admiration. He even lowered his laser gun.

“There are many things that you do not know about this planet and its inhabitants,” I answered crisply.

“It is nothing personal.” He sighed audibly. “I do what I can to help my people survive.”

“By committing genocide and burning entire planets to the ground?” My eyes turned into slits. “I have read some of Terra´s historical records. Some of those described the environmentally destructive effects of colonial occupation. Colonization always comes with a high price; not only for the devastation the nation faces in the attack, but also the souls of the attackers. I wonder what your one and true god thinks about this.”

From his sharp intake of breath, I could tell that Admiral Zahn wanted to say something to me, but he did not get a chance.

Something hit me hard in the back. I dropped to my hands and knees, feeling the stone floor becoming soft as my consciousness wavered. Helplessly whimpering, I closed my eyes. I was unable to fight or resist the burning weakness that spread through me.

“Lieutenant Solo!” I heard the Admiral shout, while my senses were waning. “I was in the middle of a well-mannered conversation.”

“It was a boring conversation, anyway,” a relatively young voice said. “And I put my gun on stun as requ....”

“Solo, I like a man who takes initiative, but...”

The rest of their words were wiped out as unconsciousness spread through my body and mind.

(To be continued!)

I am sorry that my update is so short, but I am busy with another project & need to prepare the clan meeting of my husband´s family for tomorrow!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    wise words about real life are woven into your thrilling update

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Really? I was not shot down recently. Please explain!

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Seems like Solos find certain conversations boring.

I still don't see how this is going to end well for Gri.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Short updates are perfect for me [:D]

even though it might be the last thing that I ever did in life. But I believed her to be redeemable.

Oh, Gri's heart....

“How have you come to speak my mother´s language?” he asked with surprise and admiration. He even lowered his laser gun.

That made me laugh.

“It was a boring conversation, anyway,” a relatively young voice said. “And I put my gun on stun as requ....”

I'd snerk 'cause he's a Solo but al;ksjdf;aerjlksdn;laksasfkj dude wth?!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    I'm still around. A nice update!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It cannot be all about action, drama & humour, sweet bird.

Well, let us see how this will develop, shall we, my dearest Misty. (PS: Do not forget to give me links of your updates, because I am not always very alert!)

Okay, I am in a hurry, folks. Much things to write & perhaps paint today. So, here we are:

The next thing I processed was able to process was the steady hum of a small aircraft’s engine. My eyes fluttered, but they would not open immediately. Grit made my lashes stick together. Bracing myself for a bit of pain, I tore my eyes open.

Gray steel walls surrounded me. I was in some kind of cargo hold. And I was in handcuffs, luckily without a torture mask. I also was laying on a stretcher with a rough blanket thrown over my legs. As far as I could tell, I had a head wound, which had been skilfully bandaged.

Nearby, perhaps in the cockpit, a fierce discussion was going on.

“You will end up in the brick for the rest of our campaign, if you go on like this, Templeton,” complained an exhausted voice.

“Why?” I recognized the second voice, but couldn’t place it. Just because I stunned the princess, before she could pull any of her Force tricks?”

“You should take this more seriously. That woman in there is dangerous.”

Laughter ran through the ship. “I am not frightened of a magical field, Murdock. Nor of persons using it. The stun shot brought her down like any mortal being.”

“She is no mortal being. The rumours about her...”

Impatience was evident in the voice of my stunner. “But her blood is as red as mine. And I bet she will be in pain when she wakes from her stupor.”

“Did you at least give her one of those masks as the Admiral requested?”

“She has a fairly severe head wound. I did not want her to choke under… wait, where are you going?”

“Saving our arses.”

I heard military boots coming closer. Without thinking, I broke my handcuffs open with the Force and surged to my feet. I also reached out for a large crate and blocked the entrance with it.

Rattling noises echoed through my prison. “Argh, she locked herself in, Temp!”

“Right, after she freed herself from the cuffs. Sure.”

“Stop being sarcastic and help me to open the door.”

I heard intense cursing. Then my stunner spoke calmly, “Come back here and brace yourself.”

“What are you intending to do?”

“Something that the princess will regret more than we will. Shut off the gravity field and strap in.

(To be continued!)

9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I truly do not like the sound of the last line.

That would explain the lack of replies if you weren't getting alerts.

I am pretty sure that The Chosen One is one that you have missed. I haven't updated anything in a bit; silly me.

Sent from my PADD using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess." Han Solo - Dark Angel

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Yes, Gri does have a good heart. :)

And I was in handcuffs, luckily without a torture mask.

Right? Finally she's not being tortured.

“She is no mortal being. The rumours about her...”

Doesn't give you the right to disobey your commanding officer

“Something that the princess will regret more than we will. Shut off the gravity field and strap in.”

I know it's bad but it just made me laugh

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Uh oh a floating princess? and with all weightless things floating around the door won't be blocked

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    So, following up a cliffhanger with a teaser ending in another cliffhanger? Well played dear Azure :) No gravity isn't a great help with the head wound,and neither is vacuum, force might be useful though.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Okay, let us go on here. There will be surprises, folks.

Templeton Solo was a skilled pilot. His flight style was ruthless and witty. He flew in suicidal maneuvers in an attempt to smash me. Without my Force skills I would have been lost. Levitation kept me in the air and a white shield saved me from containers and other objects that were flying about. I also concentrated on keeping the entrance blocked.

I heard muffled screamscoming from the cockpit. It sounded like Solo’s horrified companion.

With my eyes closed, I could easily see Murdock biting his knuckles. In the Living Force I could also feel Ceilonwyn. Its green carpet spread underneath us.

When the ship flew normal again, I heard retching.

“No wonder you are with the ground troops,” boomed Templeton Solo. “Stop it!”

The vomiting continued.

“You will clean up the mess before we are back at the base, Murdock. Let us check on the princess while we are still in orbit,” suggested Templeton Solo. “If we are very lucky she is just heavily injured.”

“But we still need to find an excuse for the Admiral,” the other soldier got out. “He wanted her alive and well.”

“Then he should have given her a lift himself,” snorted Templeton Solo. “I'll switch on auto-pilot.”

I listened intensely, while the men worked hard to clear the entrance to my cargo bay.

Then I felt her, a black abyss of hate at the edge of my consciousness. Heulwen. She was approaching with another space vessel. And she wanted to blow me out of the sky.

“There is no death,” I said, while I gathered all my powers. “There is the Force.”

[​IMG]

Epilogue:

Ben Skywalker looked at me, waiting for me to continue. I had nearly dragged him into the Force vortex, bending the rules of time like I had bent the Force when I had been still alive.

Jacen Solo had not even noticed. He was too proud andblind in more than one prospect. The shroud of the dark side had fallen. The son of Leia and Han could not be redeemed by anybody at this point. He would tread on more dangerous and bizarre paths. It would be left to a close relative of his to stop him. The Force sometimes worked in harsh ways.

I turned my concentration to the descendant that still could be saved. “Do not give in to your darker feelings. Resist them!”

Ben closed his eyes stubbornly, proving me that he had inherited the fatal Skywalker pride as well.

“Grianán.” Isabeau reached out for me. “Enough! Let Luke figure out this one. It is his influence that will do the most good.”

I gnawed on my lower lip. “I had to try.”

“I know,” she purred. “It is your nature to do so. That is why I am here. And I brought more family along.”

I sighed, bracing myself for the inevitable.

“Sionnach, can you help me to get Grianán back into the Force vortex with us?” Isabeau snickered. “I would hate to use violence to make a point.”

With deliberate slowness I turned around to look into Isabeau and Sionnach’s shining faces.

Our family bonds continued even after our bodies were long gone. We all had to be Guardians of the Force. Our descendants’ choices had already greatly impacted the galaxy. If not for our intervention, the two men in front of us would havesoon brought it to chaos and eventual destruction. As it was, I could already foresee a mend in many breaks. If the young one stayed in control of himself.

“A family gathering in-between and I am not invited?” Heulwen’s sharp voice filled the room. She had chosen to appear in her desert robes and was almost veiled beyond recognition.

Isabeau raised a questioning eye-brow against her former charge. “I thought you were through with being negative and jealous with Grianán? Especially after taking Dawn from her.”

My niece stared at me with burning eyes but said nothing more.

I turned my back on her, faced once more with Jacen torturing Ben with the Embrace of Pain. My spiritual body shivered involuntarily at the sight.

“There is pleasure in pain,” Heulwen told me with a satisfied voice.

“I never found that to be true.”

She snorted through her thick cotton veil. “I would not be so sure,auntie. You are not as holy and perfect as the historical records claim. You have as much blood onyour hand as I do.”

I remembered the terrible Star Wars that we all had participated in. The Force wounds we had caused; the murderous acts that we had committed. “I never claimed to be innocent.”

And this was why I was here right now, watching Ben suffer at the hands of his cousin Jacen. I would help the universe continue to exist until the last Skywalker had died out. The freedom of choice was a dangerous gift. Heulwen had proven that.

“This is why I am still around.” She leaned close to me in a gesture of pretended trust. “I am watching you, auntie. You can turn men into mindless animals.”

Sionnach took one of Isabeau’s hands and reached out for mine. “We should go.There is nothing for us here.Just pride, fear and anger.”

Heulwen gave her a hurt glance. Then she turned away from us, her eyes fixed on the suffering Ben. “Then go ahead. I will not desert him. The dark side is kind and generous.”

Her gloomy form was the last thing that I saw before I returned to the Force vortex. The long robes bereaved her of her female forms. She looked sinister in this outfit.

Heulwen was not only the primordial mother of the Tuskens; her misconduct had triggered the birth of a powerful religion that worshipped the nature of evil. Their worshippers were now known as the Sith.

So, I am afraid Lucien NEEDS to make the circle complete and enlighten us with what happened to Grianán ever after right? Here the prelude to my next story "Human heritage" rhat will contain all the answers to all the nagging questions that I left you with.

Prologue:

Shmi Skywalker is in agonizing pain. Sweat trickles over her weary features. She convulses in her crude bonds over and over again. Her back is an open mess of flesh and blood. Her abductors almost severed the spinal cord with the whip.

When I was still alive, I used to know everything related to the art of pain. I felt its flaming embrace early in life. It should have hardened me, but instead it had made me softer. Grianán knew that; as my soul mate she always knew. Perhaps this is why I was crueler to her than I was with anybody else.

When I look back, eons later, I can truly tell that love is a blessing. It is the only human heritage that is not loaded with negative energy.

I float closer to Shmi Skywalker, slowly so as not to startle her.

She can feel me in the Force and lifts her chin in surprise. “Whoareyou?” she mutters softly between her swollen lips. They are encrusted with blood and vomit.

“A friend,” I state and cup her cheeks in a tender gesture. “I would like to spend some time with you while we both wait for Anakin to rescue you.”

The mentioning of her son´s name enlightens the flame of hope in her hollow eyes. “Ani?” she breezes.

I nod encouragingly. “He will come for you.”

We both know that she is dying; nothing in the universe can stop that now. Not even me. I am but a ghost of the past. My healing powers are long gone. I can only help those of my blood line make the passage into the Force vortex. While not every Skywalker is able to join us, this one will. And she will be a great asset.

As for Anakin, he needs to make his own choices, just as I did in life. The future is always in motion, ready for each being’s ultimate decision. It is up to only them to choose the light or the dark. The Force itself has no sides, even though I ask myself if it has favorites.

Outside the tent, the Tusken tribe that abducted Shmi Skywalker from her husband´s farm goes about their nightly errands. From their point of view, they committed no crime. The ritual of claw and teeth is ancient. Heulwen once brought it to Tatooine while abducting my youngest daughter, Dawn.

The memory makes me shudder, but not for long.

My gentle companion here will not see another morning. But I will lend her some of my strength to set her eyes on her firstborn for one last time.

“May I tell you a story?” I ask her. “It will help you think of something other than the pain.”

A weak smile appears on her lovely face.

More here:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...rk-side-the-light-side-of-the-force.50014917/

DarthUncle likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great ending and the beginning of another exciting story

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    A shocking ending and a new beginning.

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  16. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Oh, nicely done, ending the story on a big cliffhanger, but still having it feel finished. And then the epilogue/prologue with shadows of the past that happen in the as yet untold future for us readers. I liked the tone as well, great closing, and new beginning too.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, folks. I invite you all to my new story of which I could not post the link any earlier:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ght-side-of-the-force.50014917/#post-50977269

And now I hope that my internet connection gets better again, because I long to skype with my dear husband DarthUncle who is dearly, dearly missed this weekend. Even going out into the Grunewald during my lunch break & making a ritual in my new special did not help to ease the longing in my heart today.

(PS: The heavy rain falls of the past days also destroyed the hut the children erected with me about I month ago. That hurt even more to see the ruins!)

18. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    “You will clean up the mess before we are back at the base, Murdock.

UGH so annoying. Like he wants to throw up.

Ben Skywalker looked at me, waiting for me to continue. I had nearly dragged him into the Force vortex, bending the rules of time like I had bent the Force when I had been still alive.

I always forget it's a part of a story!

“Enough! Let Luke figure out this one. It is his influence that will do the most good.”

Mph. True facts.

[b]“A family gathering in-between and I am not invited?” Heulwen’s sharp voice filled the room. [/b]

I roll my eyes at her.

“There is pleasure in pain,” Heulwen told me with a satisfied voice.

“I never found that to be true.”

She lies. She's with Lucien. hahaha

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Good to see the ending and the beginning of another.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, dear Ty, for taking some time to read AND comment! I know you have a hard & busy life. [:D]