main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Catagory explinations...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by farraday, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Why is it FanForce Europe and FanForce General the only catagories with explinations?

2. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I don't know, good point, especially considering they might have the most unambiguous names on the boards. Fan Force General "General discussions pertaining to FanForce", and FanForce Europe "European fans, meet here!"

Good question farraday.

3. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
  4. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Why Carosel? Just because the only two that have it are FanForces? I think farraday wants to know why the rest of the JC as a whole does not utilize this feature, or why FanForce does. :)

5. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    What Xie said but with my weight and authority and general wonderfulocity behind it.

6. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    *kicks self*
    Oh, I get it now. My bad. Sorry [face_blush]
    You're asking why those two categories are the only ones that have descriptions whereas the others don't, right?

7. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Yes my captain.

;)

8. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Perhaps the rest of the categories are considered self-explanitory? Or perhaps whoever's responsible for that never noticed, in which case farraday may have just single-handidly saved the world as we know it.

9. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Perhaps the rest of the categories are considered self-explanitory?

So "FanForce General" and "FanForce Europe" aren't self-explanitory?

I think it's the second one.

10. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

That's a very good point.

11. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Either way, couldn't this have been asked in a PM to Kad? :confused:

12. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    You're asking farraday, the original '+1' poster if he could've asked a question in a PM that otherwise nets him a minimum of 3 more posts? [face_laugh] lol, good luck ;)

13. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    <eyeroll.gif>

Courier, while Rumour and general opinion are widely considered acceptable sources of information in this case they have failed you completely.

And Gay-Len if I had known Kadue is the only one who could have possibly answered my question and that all other mods are completely clueless in this regard I probably would have directed it toward him. However since the two uses of the feature happens in Forums where Kadue spends very little time, for some reason it wasn't as blatant apparent to me as it is to your insightfulness that he is the one and only font of knowledge.

Of course I'm just a foolish little poster, maybe you could explain everything to me since you're obviously much more intelligent then I could ever hope to be.

14. Emerik Lonestar

Emerik Lonestar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 1999
    Of course I'm just a foolish little poster, maybe you could explain everything to me since you're obviously much more intelligent then I could ever hope to be.

[face_laugh]

15. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    I second the [face_laugh], and add my own Zing! to it.

16. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2001
    Obviously, Europeans are not as adept at the masteries of category nomenclature, and there was the worry that they would wander into FanForce Oceania or Afghanistan by mistake instead of FanForce Europe, or into Beyond the Films: The Expanded Universe instead of FanForce general if there were no helpful explanations present. We must all pity the poor Europeans, and pray that one day they might master the art of forum navigation via gut instinct, and until that day we should provide the helpful reminders that FanForce Europe is the category with all the European FanForce forums.

17. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I don't think I want to decipher the post above mine. Blooming run-on sentances.

As to the question at hand, it's purely because only the people in charge of those two general areas have felt the need to use them. Most of the categories are mainly self-explanatory, or can be worked out from the forums within, but there isn't a problem with people adding a blurb about the category if they feel the need.

Although the neat-freak in me will now have to sit down and come up with something for all of them now because I have to have consistency. :( :p

18. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2001
    FanForce Europe types get lost easily. Signs help them find where they?re going. No one else needs signs like that.

Run-on sentences are more fun than short and curt sentences, as the extended medium they provide allows for greater range of thought and explanation and exploration of ideas and concepts, despite the drawback of being occasionally nearly incomprehensible due to the increased numbers of clauses, nouns, verbs, adverbs, and what have you.

19. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    FanForce Europe types get lost easily. Signs help them find where they?re going. No one else needs signs like that.

Right... [face_plain]

20. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    oh, the power of sarcasm

21. Abner_Doon

Abner_Doon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    //is frightened by the cutting wit and sarcasm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.