[cathiecat] OK, TFF! Let's help out here

Discussion in 'Tucson, AZ' started by Boga-the-Magnificent, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    I spent some time with cat yesterday at the hospital. She is going to have a few needs when she goes home since her insurance isn't sending her to rehab.

1. She is going to need some meals brought in. She is on heavy medication and needs food. On Fridays she only eats fish. She said yesterday that fast food like Burger King and Carls Jr. isn't sitting well with her so this would have to be something homemade. Right now she needs nutrition . . . as well as fiber ;)

2. She needs folks to come and just sit with her and assist her if she needs a drink or something. This isn't going to be lifting her or anything . . . just making sure she has fallen and can't get up.

3. My mom is going to donate her walker with a basket on the front of it to her so that is one thing that she and Jake won't have to get.

cat has given so much to Tucson and I hope we can all give back to her now.

I'll be going over in the mornings to sit with her. If anyone else has time to help out [I know we are all on busy schedules, etc] let's coordinate with Jake.

Thanks all!

Hope

edit:

I just spoke with Cat and she talked to Worldcare [the place that we accepted donations for during our Hurricane Katrina Fundraiser] and they are going to be helping her out with some needs she has. Go Worldcare! [face_dancing]
  2. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    i have a wheel chair she can borrow...........
  3. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if she is going to need a wheelchair. Jake could answer that better.
  4. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    K, she has friends (and Jake) she will be taken care of, no worries
  5. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    I will help out as much as I can any excuse to cook my wife would take immediatly, Ill bring some stuff over as soonas Im over this cold!
  6. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    I will help out as needed, as I always do.
  7. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank everyone so much. I would have been lost without your visits and thoughtful gifts of flowers and other things..and loans of reading material and not to mention Damien's quick jaunt to the store for me in my time of need for Prunes!!!I am really glad to be home and just taking it slow and soon I will be back to 100%.. though only 98%human.. I am now officially 2% cyborg.

I might actually have a need for a wheelchair.. it depends on how much I feel like getting out.. and how Jake feels about pushing it.

so very thankful to have the incoming food offers and will look forward to seeing you when you bring it.. Jake has bought us some frozen meals to tide us over .. and I have to admit we will go broke if we eat take out every day. We have some stuff in our freezer that can be cooked though not sure what all there is to be honest.. if anyone wants to come over at any time for visiting or whatever.. feel free.. just call and let us know your headed our way.

Certainly we look forward to having lots visitors :)

however.. gotta go get some sleep for now.
  8. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Jake has spoken and said that we might use the wheelchair.. though not for a couple of weeks.. as I am not supposed to leave home for the first few weeks except for doctor's appointments.. albeit I did in fact go out today.. and immediately saw why the doctor told me not too.. so I will be listening and staying in for the next few weeks with the exception of two doctor's appointments.

today a guy came over to give me my Bone Growth Stimulator to help my body in accepting the new bone and healing faster. Pretty nifty device.. doesn't appear to do anything.. but then again.. just because I can't hear it or feel it does not mean it is not working.. it is something that my neurosurgeon felt strongly about.. and it makes me feel more cyborg anyway.. kind of like I am charging my new parts for two hours each day!!

Thanks to Dustin and his family we are having Lasagna tonight for dinner.. thank you very much for all that food you brought over.. easily six or more complete meals.

Had an interesting day.. if you ever want to hear about it.. drop by.. by all means.. not all that intelligentof a story.. but quite amusing and a good way to teach me about the benefits of staying home like a good girl and not over doing it.

World Care did indeed follow through with everything we needed.. Jake did however buy a hand rail for the side of the bed for me.. it was very difficult to get comfortable in bed and Jake has now fixed the whole bed where I can get more comfortable with every turn.. but no twisting.. I feel like swiper (from Dora) saying.. "Swiper no swiping" instead it's "Cat no Twisting" behavior modification runs rampant in my household at this time.

thanks again to everyone that continues to help.. I figure I will just make this my thread for posting how I am doing each day.. since my name is in the subject. Hope that's okay with everyone.
  9. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, you can post in your thread. :p

I'll try giving you a call a bit later to see if you need me to swing by tomorrow.
  10. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I would love for you to swing by tomorrow!
  11. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I wound up sleeping tonight for a few more hours than intended.. now here it is 11pm and I can't sleep at all.. oh well.. I am enjoying myself.. looking at dresses on the internet.

Hal.. nice to see you yesterday and today.. thanks for the visit..

Jada.. I had a very nice time today with you over.. I am looking forward to that again.

DSJ.. your wife's lasagna is to die for!!! Truly wonderful!!

Mugen.. again sorry for this morning's outburst.. I was just thinking no one was in the house at all and I kind of got scared... I am more than sure I would be okay.. but to wake up from a dead sleep and for an hour to think I was totally alone.. I finally couldn't take it and had to see if anyone was there anywhere..

MrWookie.. I am thouroughly enjoying the books.. could not read them much the first few days.. but now I am able to read more.. though I need a more comfortable place to read to be honest.. jake and I are still looking for a chair that I can read in and be comfortable.. plus watch tv.. I am not supposed to do those activities in bed right now.
  12. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Today I got my staples out.. all 13 of them!! Not 12 as I thought.. but 13.. in any case.. my doctor's medical assistant let me have the day out.. I was allowed to go out and eat and then to wal-mart as long as I used a motorized cart.. which I did.. and DSJ can attest to.. as he saw MJDS and I while we were there.. I was well behaved and did all as I was supposed to. I am home now.. wearing my bone graft stimulator and resting.

I did however get into a bit of trouble for overdoing.. I am not supposed to be housecleaning.. and yesterday I decided I felt well enough to do this.. and did.. and MJDS ratted me out to the doctor's medical assistant.. she told me I would have to find outside help.. as I just can not do these things for myself for a while.. which brings me to the only rough thing today.. I found out the sliding scale housekeeping program for the temporary disabled no longer exists for the rest of 2006 in Arizona... I was told the present Federal Gov't took away most of the funding for this program.. only continuing to give current funds to the temporarily disabled over the age of 60... and the funds that WERE alloted for the program for those people under age 60 were depleted by the end of February ... so I am out of luck on getting assistance in the home for housekeeping.. the program coordinator suggested I contact area churches and ask if someone would be willing to come into the home and do the work for me for a small fee an hour..that being the case.. if anyone knows of anyone with a few free hours a week on their hand.. I need someone to clean my bathroom toilet, sink, counter and floor; wash, fold and put away clothes; straighten my bedroom..and that is about it.. everything else the guys can handle.. just my bathroom area, bedroom area and clothes are the issue.. so if anyone knows of anything and/or someone to help me with this.. I am open to any and all suggestions. Jake is working hard on all of this.. but just no way he can do all of it and hold down his job.. plus he has begun to try and stop smoking.. he is doing quite well.. but already his stress level is up from giving it up.. Jake and Frankie are taking care of the downstairs very well.. but I just need more help than they can possibly give with full time jobs as well as their own personal duties.

I am not soliciting incidentally.. merely asking if anyone knows of anyone that can help me out in some way or another..

other than that..for the moment all is quite nice and good.. I am resting and feeling quite well, some of my neighbors stopped by earlier and brought me a few books on CD to enjoy.. so that will be nice for something different. I am really enjoying the visits from my friends and neighbors.. and hope everyone will continue to come and see me when your time allows. Definitely thanks once again to DSJ's family.. and also Hal and his roommate for the wonderful food, also the taco bell was awesome last night Mugen!! I loved it.. it has been too long since I had a good american taco!! I love Taco Bell more than most real Mexican food to be quite honest!!
  13. FORCEinept Jedi Knight

star 1
    Depending on how often I could probably do it, I'm inbetween jobs right now(taking time off to finish school) So every weekday I'm free to leave at noon. I'm not looking for money, my only concern is gas. Other than that I'd love to help.
  14. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    FORCEinept, I sent you a PM with my number so you can call me if you choose to.

15. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Jada.. thank goodness for you letting me burn up the phone lines chatting with you!! Tonight you and the Wook both saved me from utter boredom!!!
  16. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks MrWookie for your help and your visit. We all enjoyed having you come over this morning.. feel free to come for a chat any time you like.. I am pretty much always up by 8am anymore.
  17. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm having to drop off the kid early this week plus I have a tummy bug. I don't want to give it to you. [face_sick]
  18. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    and I have to admit.. I don't want your tummy bug.. please feel free to come chat and hang out.. after the bug is gone!! :)
  19. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    daily update.. feeling good now.. earlier today I had decided to see how long I could go without meds.. I went eleven hours.. but I paid for it.. I was in a lot of pain for a while. had to call the doctor even.. his assistant told me to stay on a four hour schedule for a while to build up the meds in my body again.. then go back to six/seven hour dosing schedule.. but NOT to do the eleven hour schedule again anytime soon.. lesson learned.. once again..

FORCEinept you get major kudos for not only being a great organizer and temporary housekeeper... but you managed to put up with my constant chatter for over three hours.. which anyone in this group will tell you is amazing.. it should count as an award winning touchdown for you in the TFF!! Thank you again.. and we are looking forward to seeing you again on Saturday for the meeting! Can't wait to try the cupcakes.. not to mention get to see them!!
  20. FORCEinept Jedi Knight

star 1
    Haha, thanks. It was nice to meet you guys. And I don't mind the chatting, my friends aren't exactly keen on the whole star wars thing, so it's not very often I get to talk about it. :/ Feel better!
  21. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    anytime you want to come over.. just call and come on over.

that goes for anyone else posting as well.
  22. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont think AMAZING is the word i'd use... :p
  23. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm planning to be over tomorrow. I've had a bad week with my sleep and it is throwing off my entire life. [face_frustrated]
  24. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    no problem.. I will look forward to seeing you then.. if something comes up I will understand.

Mugen.. I only have one thing to say to you..:p :p :p :p
  25. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Only ONE thing? Frankie, you got off easy!:D [face_whistling] [face_laugh]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.