Catholicism

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by TrainingForUtopia, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimball_Kinnison Chosen One

star 6
    I was simplifying a bit, and there are actually different dates for Easter, depending on what part of the world you are in (and which calendar they are using, Gregorian or Julian).

Although, I haven't seen any sources showing that Holy Thursday falls on a day other than the start of the Jewish Passover (13-14 Nisan). Do you have any sources I could read that would give more details?

Of course, it doesn't help that the Jews no longer have an ecclesiastical authority that determines the start of the calendar, and so various methods have been used by different groups to approximate when Nisan should start.

Kimball Kinnison
  2. Darth_Overlord Jedi Master

star 4
    For example, in 2008 Easter (Gregorian calendar) is March 23 while 15 Nisan on April 20, completely missing each other. That I got from here

3. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Is anyone else watching the coverage of Pope Benedict's Visit? Its the White House lawn ceremony right now. I am soooo glad I get EWTN, as they have the best coverage.

edit:

Happy 81st Birthday Papa Benedict!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.