main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Caufields Halloween Parade!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LordZannah, Aug 25, 2011.

1. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    [face_pumpkin] Hi there everyone! Didn't know if you all knew about this, but Caufields is having a Halloween parade in Louisville on Friday Oct. 14th, beginning at 7:pm. The link is included here:
    http://baxterparade.com/

So far as the parade route, here is what the site says::
    2011 PARADE ROUTE
    The Caufields Halloween Parade will begin on Bardstown Road in back of the Mid City Mall. The Parade will proceed North on Bardstown Road to Baxter Avenue and end at the Baxter Avenue Morgue on the corner of Baxter Avenue and Lexington Road.

Since it's going to begin behind the Mid City Mall, I know there are some fairly large "public" restrooms inside the Mall, which I'm sure we can utilize for a changing area.

We can stage at the back side of the Mall, just outside of the back doors.

Also, I can drive my truck down to where the parade route ends, so we can have a ride back to the start of the parade route and our cars. The neat thing is that we'll also have ample parking behind the Mall. All I'd need is for someone to follow me down to where the parade is going to end, so I can park my truck there and have a ride back to the starting point.

I have the application to walk in the parade, and I'm going to list the unit as "From A Galaxy Far, Far Away, The Star Wars Costuming and Fan Groups".

The amount of attendees I can get committed from each group, will determine how I go about filling out the application.

All of the groups represented, will be lined up within their own troops, and will be named off in the description area provided in the application. That way, if anyone has banners, they can hold them up in front of themselves and stand out as separate groups within the combined Star Wars unit. Sound good? >;~)

Do you think this would be something that some of you all would enjoy doing? If so, Just give a shout out. I'm hoping we can get the LGA represented in the parade. What FUN!! =D=[face_skull][face_pumpkin]]-}[face_alien_1][face_clown]:eek:[face_dancing]

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thank you for organizing this!

3. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks Mika, but so far, no takers from anywhere. I thought people would like to get in their costumes and walk in a parade, but it's not looking like it. No response from the Merks, and no takers from TDE. I'm not anything but a forum member on the Mid-South Garrisons boards, so I sent Capt. Midnight a PM, asking him if he'd post up there for me. So far he hasn't done so, but it could be that he hasn't checked his e-mails yet. I'm still waiting to see if there is any interest from them. Do you think anyone in the local Rebel Legion would be interested? If so, please feel free to cross post to their boards. [face_dancing]

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks! I got my next work schedule today and I'm available for the parade but like you only if other people bite, we want a good showing...we don't want to look too pathetic and lonely by ourselves :)

5. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Hi there! Looks like we'll have about 10 to 12 people walking from different groups. Can Sarah walk in her Imperial? That would be awesome! It looks like you are our only Rebel so far, but your pilot would be oh so cool! Can Avante aka Obi-Wan come down for it? We also have some Merks showing up, and some possible 501st. I contacted Capt. Midnight, and he says it's very possible that him and his wife can make it. Their son also wears a Stealth Pilot.. so we're looking good for participants. I've sent in the parade information and received a confirmation, so we're on. =D=

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looks like we have a good count and early weather report looks good. What time should we meet keeping in mind we'll need extra time to get our vehicle situation worked out.
    Sara's working. I don't know what I'm going to wear yet since this is for fun, not for official trooping. Just about showing off our love of Star Wars. Anyone else? Relin? 11-11? Cungr? Jammies...you want to skip shaving this week, put on your hat and go as Filoni?

7. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Probably won't know till very last minute whether I will make this or not..and what to wear? hmmmm

8. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Oh well..... here's the deal gang.

I just received an e-mail from the parade organizers. They are in a spot with where everyone is to assemble. The Mid-City Mall has bailed out for some reason, so now the organizers are scrambling to find another location. They are thinking that they will even have to create a new parade route.

Top that off with the fact that I've had "lots" of people cancel out of being able to walk. I've lost all of my Merks and 501st, and it seems that I'm the only Dark Empire member able to walk... so that pretty much is that. I canceled our participation. I'm still thinking about going down and just hanging out with my daughter for the fun of it, so maybe I'll see some of you all down there.

With the parade peoples woes and Darth Life, this just wasnt' our year, but next year we might be able to pull it off. Other than that... I have some very good news. Very good!! I always hate to end something on a negative note anyway, so this is just what the Dr. ordered.....

Appo's deployment is going to be for the six month period.... and since he left a full month earlier than the rest of the unit .... he'll be back the first of November for keeps!!!

I received this info today... and I don't mind saying that I'm threw the roof!!!! Hees-ah Comming Home!!!! [face_dancing][:D][face_love]

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    WhaaaHooo! That is GREAT news! [face_dancing] What a great early holiday present.

Sorry about the parade but that much confusion/chaos/uncertainty we don't need. This should be a fun event for us. We shouldn't have to worry about where we're going to park or change. I guess we'll see what they pull off this year and re-evaluate next year. I'll probably just stay at home and watch "Clone Wars" Friday night then.

Thanks for the time you put into this Zannah.

10. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    YAY! YAY! YAY! This is truly awesome news! I am over the moon happy for you, Zannah![:D][face_dancing] I can't wait till we get our Commander Appo back!

11. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Oh, the time spent was well spent. It was one of the things that kept me busy in a positive vein. Everyone is most welcome, it's all good. I'm not upset about it at all. I plan on watching Clone Wars myself.

Wow... all of the sudden, I only have about three weeks to wait for my Appo/Bane to get home. I'm in a state of shock... but in a good way. [face_dancing] Only last week, he was saying that he was pretty sure it was going to be the full duration... and now, the six months is already gone! WOE!! Time flying was the word and I'm so thankful it did.

Well, on with the show everyone, and again, maybe we can show the parade people how it's done next year. We'll walk right off of Lucas's silver screen and right in to their faces! [face_dancing]

12. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm still not shaving.

13. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    JAMMIES!! [face_laugh]

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Random thought...wasn't there a St Patrick's Day Parade in the Highlands last year?

15. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Yep, there has been a St. Paddys day parade for a few years now. Hmmmmm.... are you coming up with some kind of plan Commander? [face_thinking];)

16. JeanineMor

JeanineMor Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2011
    I actually did go to watch the parade, since I am from the other side of town I had a hard time finding somewhere to park so ended up near end of parade route. By the time the parade got to where I was on Baxter it was way too dark to get any good shots. I did see 5 Star Wars costumers participating

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1594467159747&l=35f98feba0
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1594467399753&l=0edece7bca

and they are at 42:20 in the really dark video shot at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7TcvNleFcg

There were really long gaps in the parade, people next to me left as they thought it was over about halfway through. It would be better if it started at least an hour earlier just to have more available light, and preferably move to a weekend so wouldn't have end of rush hour traffic to deal with.

If they don't move it earlier, doubt I would go to it again unless I was marching in it.

17. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks so much for the shots of the parade! Not sure who the S.W. costumers are.... hard to tell, but I don't think I know them. Yea, this thing was haphazard to say the least. I'm kinda glad it fell threw for us this year, we have too much to contend with to be a part of something that hasnt gotten the kinks out yet. I feel this parade has some awesome potential in the future. But we'll see how it goes next year. I haven't given up on it, but they need to provide us with a staging area where we can store cloths... armor is a bear to deal with when you don't have anywhere to keep your street cloths. Either a staging area.. which admittedly is a high expectation for this kind of parade, or get someone with a van. We'll see how it all goes next year. I think a Halloween parade would be fun if it's done right. It's all in the planning. ;)

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, thanks for those pictures. I remember Dar met some Star Wars costumers last year at the parade...maybe it's the same group? I was hoping we'd hear from them but I guess not.