main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CauldronCon 2005

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Obi-Wan_Jalopy

Don't take this as a final answer, but since the CauldronCon site has a section aimed at vendors, I take this to mean that there could be collectibles dealers displaying at the convention. CauldronCon is meant to be more like a European-style convention for fans run by fans, so that's why it will also have panels with the celebrities and meet-and-greet opportunities. I have asked the event organizers about how successful they've been lining up collectibles dealers and should have a definite answer by tomorrow.

The Super Mega Show in New Jersey will require more of a drive than CauldronCon would, so that too should figure in your decision about which show to attend (although we have nothing against New Jersey...our long-timers know how we feel about the people there :) ). And if you're still thinking about Super Mega Show, I'd like to inform you that Boston will have its own show run by the same people called Supermegafest. That show will be on the weekend before Thanksgiving (Nov. 19-20) at the Framingham Sheraton. You can check out this thread to get an idea of what last year's Supermegafest was like.

I'd like to take this opportunity to also welcome you to the board, Obi-Wan_Jalopy, and we invite you to our July meet, which is being discussed here. We're pretty good people to hang around with (or at least we like to think so), and I think you may find a "home" with us. :)

2. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Here's your final answer, Obi-Wan

There will be a vendors' room @ CauldronCon, but it's not going to be the size or magnitude of the one @ Super Mega Show. My contact said if the vendors are going to be the only reason you go to CauldronCon, she doesn't want you to be disappointed.

We still hope you come to CauldronCon, but if you decide to go to Super Mega Show, pay the FanForce table a visit and tell the New Jersey people we said hi. :)

3. Obi-Wan_Jalopy

Obi-Wan_Jalopy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005

Wildstar,

Thanks so much for the information and kind advice. I certainly appreicate it.

Judging by what you have said, perhaps I will wait for the "mega show" here in Boston; that way I can hit some dealers but also meet all the nice people on this board.

In the meantime, I will keep my eyes open for events in the area.

Again, Thank you.

4. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    yes and welcome to the forum... and we are sure you will have a grand time at the local conventions.... just stay away from those pesky IMPS... < looks for cover to consiel self..... since I am on of them lol >

5. PadmeSusyQ

PadmeSusyQ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    Hey folks. Has everyone ordered their tickets to Cauldron Con? It is going to be so incredibly cool with what I consider to be the trifecta of Fantasy/SciFi. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter theme.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do the Friday night dinner and the Saturday night or just all day Saturday since that's the costume party day.

Anyone else making plans?

6. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I'd like to go, Susan, but, as I think you know from my IM conversations w/ you, transportation will be dicey. I've figured out I can take commuter rail to Salem then a bus to either the Liberty Tree Mall or Danvers Square, but it's my feeling the Sheraton Ferncroft is further north than Danvers Square. I used Yahoo Local to get a list of taxi services in the area for the final leg, so there may be hope.

Eric and/or Sarah, if you go that Sunday, can I tag along?

7. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    this was posted on another forum by a friend ....

"Well if anyone is planning on going but waiting to buy tix at the door I got this last week."

Dear members and friends, this is a plea on bended knee for your help.

The numbers are just not there with sales for the convention. And I believe some of the trouble is lack of INTERNET BUZZ. I really need everyone to make some waves on the WORLD WIDE WEB this week. Go to websites, to fan lists, to any place you can to make a NEW NOTE about CauldronCon.

Please, do this for fandom. Boston area fans are great and we can support this kind of convention, we just need the chance!

RING THE BELL at every Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars site you can!

PLEASE, do this today. I need 200 tickets sold by July 11.

SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE !!!!!

8. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    It is at the Musuem of Science starts on Oct 27th - April 20th 2006. I am a member of the museum and have been getting flyers about it. Tickets go on sale for members on August 1.

jorge (the newbie) lol

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Welcome to the board, Jorge (chewy). I don't know if it's too late for you to make plans for the meet today, but we'd definitely like to see you at future meets. The August meet is probably going to be CauldronCon, but we're still not sure yet. We'll also have Wizard World Boston in September, the Museum of Science exhibit in October, and Supermegafest (a convention/autograph show) in November. It might be good to also check the "Upcoming Meets and Events" thread, as that's where ideas for what to do for future meets are discussed.

We hope to see you soon! :D

10. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I wish I could have made it to the gathering today. Unfortunately when I found out about it I was already scheduled to work for the weekend guy. What fun that has been. lol I have been reading Han Solo adventures and battling sleeping. lol

Thanks for they welcome. I will take a look at the schedules and see what I can attend. I occassionally work weekends at my part-time job so that could put a damper on things. But I will be going to the SW exhibit on the MOS in Oct. Probably on the member preview day.

J

11. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Sorry to hear that you had to work today, working on the weekends stinks. When I worked at a Assisted Living facility last summer, I had to work mainly weekends too.

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just an update...because of scheduling changes, the Star Wars guests are now Rena Owen (Senator Nee Alavar, but she may be better known as the voice of Tuan We of Kamino, the "Mother of all Clones") and Jerry Greene (R2 builder).

13. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    2 days away ... who is going ?????

I will be there with the REBEL LEGION group...

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I doubt that I go. I have some other things planned. It sounds interesting, but it doesn't seem like it would be something I would enjoy unfortunately. I don't get into the whole meet and greet thing with celebrities. Plus I am not an autograph person either.

I hope you and everyone else that goes have a great time. :)

15. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    If anybody is going to the con, have fun. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.