main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Cause For Concern (Han, Luke, Leia) one shot humor/drama/silliness-Author Replies 11/28/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Cause for Concern
    Author: brodiew
    Genre: dramedy, silliness
    Timeframe: between ANH and ESB
    Characters: Han, Luke, Leia
    Summary: Han and Luke aren't talking. Leia tries to mediate.
    Notes: This vig was born out of a first sentence suggestion from another site. "They had nothing to say to each other."

They had nothing to say to each other?yet neither one made a move to leave. That could be accounted for by the impatient frown on the face of Princess Leia. Her hands rested on the table that separated Han Solo and Luke Skywalker.

?This is ridiculous,? she said firmly. ?You two are acting like children.?

Han brought his hands together, cracking his knuckles loudly. He never looked at the Princess, keeping his steely gaze on Luke?s equally stern face.

Luke drummed his fingers on the table, waiting for Leia give up so he could put some space between himself and Han. Perhaps, he?d go to the flight deck and tune the drive system in his X-Wing.

?Come on, boys, just talk it out,? Leia persisted. ?I?m not leaving until you two shake hands.?

Han stood and jutted his hand across the table. Luke stood and met the hand with a firm shake. The two men looked at Leia, breaking the shake and turning toward the door.

?SIT!? Leia exclaimed, her infinite patience nearing a breaking point.

Both men stopped, considered the consequences of defying her, and returned to their seats.

Han folded his arms and Luke sat back putting his boots on the table.

?Now, what is this about, hmmm? Did someone get their feelings hurt??

Han?s lip quirked and blossomed into a mischievous grin. ?Nah, that?s not it.?

Leia looked at Han, glad that one of them had finally spoken.

?It?s about Han?s ego and his inability to admit he?s wrong,? Luke added, looking at Leia blankly.

Han shook his head slowly in incredulity. ?Listen, Your Worship, the Kid is delusional. He?s walking around in a dream land. I just tried to bring him back to reality.?

?No, Leia, don?t listen to that foolishness,? Luke said, returning his feet to the floor and sitting forward. ?Han asked for my opinion once, before we met you. I gave him my honest opinion. He?s been trying to prove me wrong every since.?

Leia looked at Han. ?What was the question??

?Wouldn?t you like to know,? Han said, voice full of swagger. ?Besides, the Kid has it all wrong. His answer may have been truthful, but it was slanted. He had his own agenda. So, was it really honest??

Leia?s head was swimming with the ambiguity of the whole situation. Her patience was at an end. ?There is a war on, Boys. When two of our heroes aren?t speaking to each other, it?s bad for morale. Bad morale is bad for me. What?s bad for me can get very bad for you. Get me? Now spill it!?

Leia, hands on hips, her fierce glare burning holes into each of them, waited.

Han unfolded his arms, placing his hands on the table, palm down, and look into Leia?s beautiful brown eyes.

?Luke thinks you?re in love with him,? he declared matter of fact.

?What!? Luke exclaimed, standing abruptly. ?That?s a lie!?

Leia blinked, speechless.

?Ever since the Deathstar, Luke has been walking around in a lovesick daze; absolutely sure that you return his feelings.?

Luke turned a shade of red that Leia had never seen. It was somewhere between barely contained rage and abject mortification.

Luke pointed a shaking finger at Han. ?You?re the one that said ?She?d sure look good on my trophy shelf!??

Leia head jerked Han. Her eyes flashed in indignation.

?Is that so?? Leia said, icily.

Still seated, Han raised his hands in surrender. ?Yeah, I said it. But that was before I got to know you.?

?Yeah,? Luke added. ?That?s when he said you?d look good out an airlock.?

Han hunched his shoulders in resignation. ?We all say things in the heat of the moment. I happened to mention that one to Luke after you and I fought over my leaving. But, it?s nothing compared to Luke having R2 keep your original message so he can watch it over and over again. ?Help me

2. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_laugh] Brodiew, that was great!! I loved it!! [face_love] That ending was perfect! [face_laugh] Feel free to write scenes with our heroes more often 'cause you do a wonderful job!! ;)[face_batting]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

3. LittleCat

LittleCat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2008
    Oh my goodness, this is a wonderful piece Brodiew! There were too many hilarious moments to list!

?I?m not leaving until you two shake hands.?

Han stood and jutted his hand across the table. Luke stood and met the hand with a firm shake. The two men looked at Leia, breaking the shake and turning toward the door.

?SIT!?

[face_laugh] Hilarious, I can totally see them doing this!

But my FAVORITE part just had to be:

Luke pointed a shaking finger at Han. ?You?re the one that said ?She?d sure look good on my trophy shelf!??

Leia head jerked Han. Her eyes flashed in indignation.

?Is that so?? Leia said, icily.

Still seated, Han raised his hands in surrender. ?Yeah, I said it. But that was before I got to know you.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] You had me laughing so hard as I read that!! =D= Congrats on an amazingly humorous one-shot, but i have to ask, WHO (if there even is one!) is this other man? I really hope you write a follow up!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That was fun!!!! I can see them all acting like that!!! Leia was superb. [face_dancing] Han and Luke-- [face_laugh] Thanks for a laugh to start my day. :D

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was hilarious!

Kudos to Leia. She found the perfect way to keep Han and Luke from fighting and got them to join forces...though she may get more than she bargained for there :p

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    It's gotta be Rieekan. No other possibility! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

7. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005

[face_laugh] Wonderful! Drop me a PM if you post more of this, pleae! I want to know if Leia was bluffing or not!

8. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Now you've got me wondering who the "more mature" guy is. Several possibilities spring to mind. Any chance of a sequel?

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    More mature, huh? How about Chewie? He's got more sense than those two combined! [face_laugh] (Hey, she did say she'd rather kiss a Wookiee, right?)

10. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    [face_laugh] Hahaha! That was hilarious! You write them so well!

Who's the older man???? I'm DYING to know!

And this: Both men stopped, considered the consequences of defying her, and returned to their seats. was sooooo funny! Better they risk going through that awkward conversation than Leia's terrible fury, right?

11. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    =D= =D= [face_laugh]

That was so funny!
    You wrote them very good.

I'm sure she was just bluffing with the "more mature" person thing.

Zs.

12. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    OMG, OMG!!! This was superb!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    The very idea to let Leia mediate in a conflict where she is the cause is hilarious - and the dialogue was great!!!
    Yes, what indeed? [face_whistling]
    Great job on this!!!

13. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    dancing_star: Thanks so much, star. I do love working with the Big Three. I haven?t done a lot with Leia, but the great response here may produce more. I appreciate the support.

LittleCat: Thank you for the stellar review, LittleCat. I?m glad you stopped in. As for the mature gentlman that has Leia?s heart, he will remain completely?anonymous.

Jade_eyes: I?m glad I could be of service, Jade_eyes. It?s good to see you again. I haven?t been on the mush train lately, but you never know what?s coming. I had fun with Han and Luke in this. Leia was also a good as a mom trying to get the kids to stop fighting.

Kelia: Thank you for reading, Kelia. I?m glad you enjoyed it. And, you?re right, Leia has probably created a monster. :p

PonyTricks: Maybe?

Golden_Jedi: Thanks, G_J! I?m not sure if I?ll continue, but I glad you enjoyed it.

p_stotts: Thank you for stopping by, p_stotts! I?m not sure what?s next for this fic, but it appears that inquiring minds want to know. I?ll see what I can do. I have a kernel of an idea for a follow up.

dm1: Hello dm1! I?m sure Leia is up for that kind of relationship. Plus, it would be awkward with Han around all the time. Thanks for reading.

LASOS: I agree. Defying Leia would be much worse than sitting through a little lecture. I?m so glad you had fun with it.

zsuzsa: Thank you!

kataja: Wow! I?m so glad you liked it! It?s always fun to write these guys.

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

?There is a war on, Boys. When two of our heroes aren?t speaking to each other, it?s bad for morale. Bad morale is bad for me. What?s bad for me can get very bad for you. Get me? Now spill it!?

[face_laugh] And she's so right!!!

The "boys" were perfect, what a fun read.

15. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    This was too funny brodiew.[face_laugh]

I doubt Leia's involved with anyone. She probably just said that to get these guys to stop acting like children.

I'm all for a sequal. But then again, when am I not? :p

Great job.

16. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Valairy_Scot: Thank you, Valairy. Leai is a lot more brash during this period. LOL. I'm glad you found Han and Luke fun.

Lola64: You might be right about Leia bluffing, Dawn, but I'm not telling because everyne has their own opinion. I had a small idea for a sequel but now I'm not sure if I'll post it. Thanks so much for reading!

17. Obi-Waan_Kenobi

Obi-Waan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2007
    Hee hee, that was great. Leia's so adept at manipulating both of them. And how typical that Han and Luke team up in regards to the issue they were just arguing about.

18. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    [face_laugh]

Oh, that was good! Let me guess: she's actually in love with... Wes!:D[face_laugh]

Oh, goodness, what a battle between Luke and Han![face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.