CCG Trivia

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, May 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    There's trivia in the CCG? Yep, you bet there is ;) So let's see how much you really know about the card games...

Here's an easy one to start:

1. What is the only interrupt that can be deployed.
  2. pinbstr300 Jedi Knight

star 1
  3. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    Let The Wookie Win is correct.

Answers are in ( )

2. How many different versions of each of these personas?

- Obi-Wan Kenobi (4; Premiere, SE, EPP, Tat)
    - Luke Skywalker (8; Prem2P, Premiere, Hoth, Dagobah, DSII, EPP, EJP, EU)
    - Princess Leia (9; Jedi Pack, Premiere, CC, JP, SE, Endor, EPP, 3A, EJP)
    - Han Solo (7; Jedi Pack, Premiere, CC, SE, Endor, EPP, JPSD)
    - Chewbacca (5; ANH, Hoth2p, Endor, ECC, EU)
    - Lando Calrissian (7; CC x2, JP, DSII, ECC x2, JPSD)
    - Threepio (5; Premiere, Endor, EJP, EU, Tat)
    - Artoo (4; ANH, JP, EU, 3A)
    - Darth Vader (6; Prem2P, Premiere, SE x2, DSII, EPP)

- How many other characters (other than those above) have more than one persona. Name the characters.

(23; Wedge x3, Red Leader x2, Dutch x2, Owen x2, Beru x2, Lobot x2, Piett x2, Veers x2, Palpatine x2, Motti x2, Tarkin x2, DS-61-2 x2, DS-61-3 x2, Boba Fett x4, Dengar x3, Bossk x3, Zuckuss x2, 4-LOM x2, IG-88 x3, Jabba x3, Mara Jade x2, Dr. Evazen x2, Ponda Baba x2)

- How many starships have more than one persona? Name the ships.

(14; <i>Millennium Falcon</i> x3, Red 1 x2, Gold 1 x2, Red 2 x2, ed 5 x2<i>Executor x2</i>, Vader's TIE x2, Black 2 x2, Black 3 x2, <i>IG-2000</i> x2, <i>Mist Hunter</i> x2, <i>Punishing One</i> x2, <i>Slave I</i> x2, <i>Hound's Tooth</i> x2)

I'm sorry to report that no one got everything right. It seems as though there was a hang-up on Obi-Wan. Question is, why NOT count him I asked the question the day Tatooine was released so...;) Also a lot of you were hung up on the personas who are permanent pilots. No they are not characters but they are "personas" since you can't have a Vader down if you have Death Star Assault Squadron deployed (the Vader persona on DSAS is a valid target for Uncontrollable Fury). And finally everyone EXCEPT Bib F. forgot to count Jabba's Prize :D Yes that is considered a persona of Han as it states on the card.

Thanks to everyone who sent in responses.
  4. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    How can you just select one correct answer when I can see three already (hopefully) correct answers and copy them?
  5. 4Q2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I EDITED my answer before Anon and Bib ever POSTED. But that's okay. I'm just doing it for fun!

:)

I forgot about the new ....! Wait! I don't want to give out any hints!
  6. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    Yeah I just realized I should have had you people PM me instead. Okay, I'm editing the lists out so that they aren't there. I will assume that the three of you who posted didn't copy from someone else <g>

A note to 4Q2, Bib F., and "Mr. I Get My Exercise Jumping To Conclusions" Jedi ;) I do have your posts saved safeand sound.
  7. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    Do the alternate image cards from Tatooine count as separate personas or should we just avoid them???
  8. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    No AI images do not count. If we had been doing a contest for all the different cards (and I felt like driving everyone crazy :D), yes. But this is a poll just for the different versions of the persona. Thanks for helping to clear that up.
  9. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Not funny "Mr. I get my laughs at deleting and editing other people's posts" 84
  10. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    With the ships and personas I can only think of Executor ( Flagship Executor), Red 5 ( and artoo in red 5, but may not be technically correct) The falcon and gold 1. Slave 1, Hounds Tooth, Mist hunter, IG2000. but if you take out all ships with built in pilots then there aren't that many. I may be wrong so i'll go take a look
  11. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I forgot Red 1 and Gold 1, but as I said, if you don't include the two in one cards, then there aren't that many, and where do I start with DS assault squadron?
  12. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    Okay next question.

3. Remember the Decipher Easter Eggs? Well I do. How many of them can you find?

The winner of this trivia question will be the one who submits the most found Easter Eggs. When you submit your answers be sure to write the card name and what the Easter Egg is or the guess will be invalid (you can abbreviate as long as I can make it out). I will tell you that there is one Egg in Premiere, at least one in ANH, two in Hoth, at least one in CC, and several in Dagobah. There may be more but those are all I could think of.

Remember don't post your answers, send them to me in a PM. You must have at an Egg listed from at least 3 of the 5 expansions. The deadline for this contest is noon on Monday. The lucky winner will get 2 packs of Refelctions 2. If the winner can find an Egg from each of the expansions listed above I will give that person 3 packs.
  13. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Most found eggs, no worries then, i'll have a go
  14. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    As per the rules, give me as many as you can, but at least three of them have to be from different sets.

What do you mean by "with different icons"? If you mean the dual icon cards or Maul's special icon right those do not count.

Oh and I just remembered that there is some Easter Eggs in Jabba's Palace too.

And also guys, I realize that Decipher may still have these up so I am expecting everyone who submits an entry to be doing this on their own because I will be able to tell if I get inundated with several copies of every Egg listed by Decipher. And just so you also know Decioher does NOT have every Egg listed and I will be looking to see who has some of those on their lists. I will probably use those as tiebreakers as a matter of fact. Afterall it's just a couple packs of cards...
  15. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, but you don't the price of RFL2 in australia, just kidding, i'm just finished uni, have two weeks until first exam so am having a break
  16. DarthJago Jedi Master

star 3
    EDIT-Opps! Accidently posted my list.
  17. AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry, I'm new here, I was wondering what CCG stands for????? :)
  18. DarthJago Jedi Master

star 3
    CCG stands for Customizable Card Game
  19. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    Okay, here are the next questions while I look at the entries for the Easter
    Eggs. These are just for fun so feel free to post your answers.

4. What popular 80's movie does the lore in Visored Vision make reference to
    (and which two Star Wars actors/actresses made cameo appearances)?

5. Which classic science fiction series is immortalized on a card?

6. Which popular Star Wars Easter Egg also appears on a recent Star Trek CCG
    card?
  20. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    4. The Blues Brothers. Carrie Fisher and Frank Oz both appeared in the film.

5. What card is it on??? Could you please be a little more specific.

6. Dunno. Could it be the numbers 253 (Decipher's street address) somewhere on the card???
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The answer to question # 5 is "Lost in Space"
  22. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    Duh. My bad. That's what I get for only getting 2 hours of sleep.
  23. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    Okay, you two got #s 4 and 5 right. Any takers for #6? :)
  24. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    The number 1138 somewhere in it perhaps??? You got me on this one - and I collect both the SW and ST CCGs.
  25. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For #5 couldn't you also say Astromech Translator, the words on the screen are from HAL from 2001: A space odyssey. Thats a classic if ever I saw one

As for #6, I haven't bought any ST since BOG, and haven't played in three years, so i'm kinda lost on that one
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.