main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[CCG,YJ,JK] Want some cheap cards? Go to Target!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Artie-Deco, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Just as an FYI, if you're looking to get a bunch of cards cheap, go by your local Target's trading card section. They have "gift boxes" (for lack of a better term) with a random assortment of about 12-14 boosters and starter decks from all 3 Decipher Star Wars games. My box, for example, contained the following booster packs (pulls listed in parentheses):

JK:
    Premiere (Obi's Saber)

YJ:
    Menace of Darth Maul x2 (Jar Jar, Republic Transport foil :p)
    Battle of Naboo (Yoda)
    Duel of the Fates (Baskol Yeesrim)

SW:CCG:
    Unlimited Premiere (Bantha droid :p)
    Cloud City (Epic Duel, my 3rd one...trade anyone?)
    Jabba's Palace (Oola)
    Special Edition (Jabba)
    Death Star II (Dominator)
    Reflections (Oola foil, SoS wb)
    Reflections III (Maul's Infiltrator foil + Battle Order, A Close Race and Colo Claw Fish + Captain Han Solo)

It also contained a Topps trading card pack (Episode I, series 2) and a Jedi Knights Empire Starter Deck (1st Day of Printing).

Other boxes I saw contained Spec Ed starter decks, Death Star II starter decks, and YJ: Jedi Council starter decks ... plus SW:CCG Tatooine and Reflections II boosters, and JK Scum & Villainy boosters.

Basically, it looks like the "free boxes" Decipher was giving away in their buy-1-get-1-free offer....

That's one starter deck, 12 boosters and one trading card pack for only $15.

If you play SW:CCG and ever thought about getting into Young Jedi or Jedi Knights, this would be one way to do it! You can get a bunch of cards for SW:CCG and still get a YJ starter deck and a handful of boosters.

Someone told me these boxes are also available at Toys R Us, but I haven't confirmed that.

2. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    COOL !!!!!!! Cool signature by the way!

3. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Hey cool! What do the "gift boxes" look like, and has anyione seen them at card retailers?

4. Artie-Deco

Aug 23, 2001
    The boxes are about, oh, 12x16x1, or 14x18x1.5, something like that. (I didn't keep the box.) It has very cheesy Star Wars-like pictures on it ... a sleek silver spaceship that kinda resembles the Queen's ship ... a woman with makeup and hairdo that kinda resembles Queen Amidala ... some Jedi look-alikes IIRC ... this way they don't have to pay LFL for the use of their images. Across the top it says "Customizable Card Game" in a style reminiscent of Star Wars. The front is clear plastic, so you can see all of the packs and decks inside.

If you frequent Target or other toy stores a lot, like me, :) you've probably seen this same type of product for Pokemon and Dragonball Z card games.

Don't expect to see these in card stores. Retail outlets only, I would expect.

5. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Great! I know what you're talking about, I've seen the Pokemon ones, I even got one. But it came with 8 boosters and a Theme Deck. So this one comes with 14-15 boosters? This is a way better deal. I'm gonna go run to Target and TRU tonight and check these out!

6. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    So is it Target/ TRU or Decipher that releaases this stuff? Either way, I hope us internationals will get to see them!

7. Artie-Deco

Aug 23, 2001
    It's definitely NOT Decipher. Looks like some third party bought up a bunch of stuff cheap from Decipher and is unloading it in the retail outlets.

8. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I got one of these yesterday.

Notable pulls:

YJ
    Maul's Sith Infiltrator
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Aurra Sing
    Yoda

CCG
    Japanese foil Braniac
    Japanese Ord Mantell [Dark]
    foil Obsidian 7
    Jabba the Hutt
    Vigo
    Sunsdown & Too Cold For Speeders

JK
    Empire Starter fixeds
    Stalker (first day of printing)
    Admiral Motti (first day of printing)

If anyone wants any of these, PM me.

9. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    I picked up one of those boxes today, and I had a good laugh at the knockoff images on the box. It was a fairly decent box too. Notable pulls included:

Menace of Darth Maul x2: Obi Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber and Darth Maul, Sith Apprentice
    Reflections: Visage Of The Emperor foil
    LS Special Edition Starter: TK-422 and Melas
    Tatooine: Sebulba

Notable poor pulls were just about everything in the JK Masters of the Force booster (which was what I bought the box for, along with the Tatooine and R3 packs). Know first that I bought about 80 packs of the first set and none of either of the other two, so I had every non-rare from the premiere set. Of the 11 cards in the pack, 5 (including the rare) were Force cards. 2 of the remaining 6 were flip movie cards, which were the same cards as in the premiere set (which I have billions of) but with a slightly different picture. 2 more of them were "Quick Draw" versions of General Tagge and TK-577 (only slightly different than the premiere versions I have tons of). That leaves me with a 2-card, all-common pack of actual fun new cards, and they were both pretty lame (Hit the Command Center and Dreadnaught). They aren't kidding when they say distribution killed JK. All I wanted was a card with a picture of Yoda on it...

10. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    I picked up one of those boxes today, and I had a good laugh at the knockoff images on the box. It was a fairly decent box too. Notable pulls included:

Menace of Darth Maul x2: Obi Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber and Darth Maul, Sith Apprentice
    Reflections: Visage Of The Emperor foil
    LS Special Edition Starter: TK-422 and Melas
    Tatooine: Sebulba

Notable poor pulls were just about everything in the JK Masters of the Force booster (which was what I bought the box for, along with the Tatooine and R3 packs). Know first that I bought about 80 packs of the first set and none of either of the other two, so I had every non-rare from the premiere set. Of the 11 cards in the pack, 5 (including the rare) were Force cards. 2 of the remaining 6 were flip movie cards, which were the same cards as in the premiere set (which I have billions of) but with a slightly different picture. 2 more of them were "Quick Draw" versions of General Tagge and TK-577 (only slightly different than the premiere versions I have tons of). That leaves me with a 2-card, all-common pack of actual fun new cards, and they were both pretty lame (Hit the Command Center and Dreadnaught). They aren't kidding when they say distribution killed JK. All I wanted was a card with a picture of Yoda on it...

11. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    I bought two boxes (About a six weeks ago), each box the last from each store (TRU and target), Here's what I pulled and the pack that I pulled it from:

SWCCG - LS

C-3PO (Premiere)
    Hidden Base (SE Starter)
    Twilight is upon me (DS2)
    Princess leia Organa (JP)
    Houjix & Out of nowhere (R2)
    Watch Your Step (R2) (FINALLY!!!!!! Now all I need is a cantina wich I will trade for at the next tourney I go to)
    Surreptitious Glance (CC)
    Threepio with parts showing (Tat)
    Docking and repair facilities (SE starter)
    Uncontrollable fury (R1) ~Foil~ (I have got to say that this card looks so cool)
    Death star Plans (R1) ~foil~ (Ditto)

SWCCG - DS

Corrosive damage (R1)
    Lone warrior (Premiere)
    Ephant Mon (JP)
    Cheif Retwin (R1) (I got two rares plus a foil in this pack)
    EV-9D9 (JP)
    Death Star assault squadron (SE)
    Taym Dren Caren (R2)
    Dr. Evazan (Premiere)
    Kithaba (JP)
    Dengar with blaster carbine (R2) ~foil~
    Obsidian 7 (R1) ~Foil~

YJ

Queen Amidala (Modm)
    Yousa guys bombad (Modm)
    Republic Cruiser (modm) ~foil~
    C-3PO (Modm)
    Lott Dod (Modm)
    Darth mauls lightsaber (Bon)

JK

4 force (scum & villany) ~foil~
    That's no moon (Prem)

I also got some pretty cool SWCCG uncommons that I've been trying to get for years I.E. Red 10 & the match to my first Rare, Derek "Hobbie" Klivan. (It came in the DS2 Starter.)
    BTW, are there supposed to be 2 Admirl Ackbars in the DS2 starter deck?

12. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    No there aren't BTW, you're lucky. All of those boxes around here haveJK as their starter, and I only play the CCG.

13. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Not true. I bought a CCG starter set, and saw the Dark Side starter deck for CCG at TRU.

14. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    A cardshop owner told me that a london based company baught a lot of the remaining product from Decipher. The result was what we get. Random packs distrubted in a no name gift box. Kind of cool though. I have seen R3, R2, Jedi Knights Starters, Tatooine, Death Star II, and others. Good buy if your looking for some.

15. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    I went to a TRU in a nearby city, and they have a few, so I might get a couple more on tommorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.