main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE fan fiction project -

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by DarthBreezy, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Replied. I'll probably get turned down though as it's an A/P vig I did for Halloween last year :p

3. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Replied in the other thread.

This is just awesome. Even if doesn't work out, it's still awesome.

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Don't be surprised if it DOES work out - OK, if I go quiet it's ONLY becuiase I'm absolutely swamped - keep the ideas comming!

5. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    This does sound interesting... I might try to contribute with a small vignette. :)

6. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Yeah, would it be ok to try and write something new for this? I've only done the epic thing so far.

7. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Yes, new things and new writers are encouraged to submit too!

If all goes well, I'm going to instill a cut off date of mid March at the VERY latest, sooner if necessary. Please see the link in the first post for all the parameters (restrictions, style suggestions etc).

Thanks!

8. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Like I said in the other thread, without LucasFilm acceptance this won't work.

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    And like I said in the other thread, my fellow Chapter Reps and the RSA's have been discussion on this subject at leangth, and the way things stand, were comfortable enough to allow the announcement and the forward motion of the project.

[face_dancing]

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Been discussing this with Breezy behind the scenes, and we agreed that some misconceptions need to be cleared up.

Hi everyone, the enthusiasm shown here is great, is exactly what this project is about. We are hoping to have a Fan Force table at Celebration Europe to represent Fan Force United Kingdom and Europe. It?s not confirmed yet, but we will do our best to make it happen. As part of that effort, since this is a Star Wars con, we want to show what Fan Force and the Jedi Council is about ? what fans do and just how creative they are. So all aspects of fandom from costuming, to fan art, to gaming and fan fic will hopefully be on display. That is what this is about.

We aren?t going to get legitimacy on this from LFL, and we won?t try or push for that. This is about fans showing the fellow fans what we do and there will be plenty of UK and European fans who have never heard of these boards, and may well be writing their own stories but would like to be part of a group. We also just want to show the public too, who may wonder what we are about. It?s not that much different to having your work on a publicly accessible message forum. Just people can take home some of the ones we think represent us well. There is no money involved, no one is going to get a contract out of this, but people will see what we are about. That?s the key to this project ?what Fan Force and Jedi Council members can do.

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    As stated in the fanfic Resource thread, I'm very excited, even about the possibilty of this and will to help in whatever way I can.

This is an awesome endeavor, and another reason I'd so love to make it to CE. :D :D

12. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I love this idea, and I really like the fact that it's also about more than just Fan Fic, but Fan Art etc as well.

Have you considered putting this to DVD instead, especially as it would open up the ability to put Epics on the disc as well, and they are also relatively cheap to have created.

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    It's a matter of cost - right now it's a differamce of 400$ for 1000 units at the one place I'm looking at. Also, they need to be 'cross compatible' - CD's don't have to be region encoded....

14. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Yeah, I get the cost side of it :( With regards to Region encoding, since these would be DVD-ROMs for reading on a PC, they don't have region encoding.

15. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Also, no one has 'stepped up' for fan art either...

I have so much on my plate with this one and the outside life....

16. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    You can set the region code of a DVD to 0="All Regions". You can also have both video for playback on a DVD player and content that is available only on a computer on the same disc.

17. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    That's a real shame. Oh well :D Still looking forward to seeing the finsihed Fan Fic project.

18. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Don't worry about Fan Art ;)

19. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, I was pretty sure Matt was going to do some, but I hope there is going to be a lot more than just his. There are sooo many talented artists across the whole world it would be nice to see them displayed and available for people to look at.

20. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    The fan fiction project is well underway and I tell you, this will be a Can't miss collection!!

If you've avoided fan fic for fear of it being full of chocolate eyes and high school hijinx or worse, this will change your thinking...

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Preaching to the choir here Breezy. :D O:)

22. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I completely agree and I'm hoping there will be lots of other artists willing and wanting to exhibit work. I'm already in talks with one who is very keen. I'm happy to look after the Fan Art stuff but I feel more inclined to wait before we can get confimration we can do this as it's a slightly different affair to the FanFic project as an art exhibition requires a lot more space and will rely on artists setting up their work before the show too. We are now in good contact with the organizers so if we can get a good indication of a green light then we can proceed full-on with both the FanArt and FanFic projects :D

23. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i've already started some exclusive pieces for celebration europe.
    no,i have...honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.